Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King George...

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles

My idea is to create three intertwined sites. This one... One that has a different level of political discourse.. an "Above" politics where we talk on the level above just what we believe and get into the strategic level all the time.. And another "below"... That will have everybody just being partisan hacks and trolls.
    better get clearance from Dixie and Grind first, you afterall dont own them, haha. Both most likely will feel like they are "entitled" to be trolls in the "above" level.

As for my "problem", lol, some people see things as a problem, others see it as a blessing.

SR

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

It might take heavy moderation... It's only an idea so far. Let's see if I can get this one going first...

I need to get a good header... Man, I'm no artist! At least not a graphic artist...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #18 | Top
    honorknght Guest

well after thinking about it a bit, this site might be able to do it, actually sr's could too, and with a bit less moderation than you think.

The thing is with this site you have it open already to handle it, its just a matter of advertising to each individual correctly.

Like if the "3 sites" are in one, and you want less moderation, just have the 3 different sections that people can browse through. If you wanted more moderation, then you could have some kind of "games" to decide special access to different area's of the site.

I should probably post that in the suggestions section though ;-) just a thought, this site seems pretty cool, and is setup like a few bbs' that I've frequented in the past, so its pretty comfortable, but might be a bit less so for those used to only 3 options, and used to just hanging out on one.

4. #19 | Top
    honorknght Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SR_
    better get clearance from Dixie and Grind first, you afterall dont own them, haha. Both most likely will feel like they are "entitled" to be trolls in the "above" level.

As for my "problem", lol, some people see things as a problem, others see it as a blessing.

SR
    Join me for a beer SR

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SR_

SR
    True.. I find it an interesting experiment in micropolitics... I think it is an interesting and unique if difficult to implement idea...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle