Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 10 Things the Church Should Know about Homosexuality

http://www.jimrigby.org/ten-things-i...homosexuality/

Ten Things I wish the Church Knew About Homosexuality

1. If Jesus did not mention a subject, it cannot be essential to his teachings.
    2. You are not being persecuted when prevented from persecuting others.
    3. Truth isn’t like wine that gets better with age. It’s more like manna you must recognize wherever you are and whoever you are with.
    4. You cannot call it “special rights” when someone asks for the same rights you have.
    5. It is no longer your personal religious view if you’re bothering someone else.
    6. Marriage is a civil ceremony, which means it’s a civil right.
    7. If how someone stimulates the pubic nerve has become the needle to your moral compass, you are the one who is lost.
    8. To condemn homosexuality, you must use parts of the Bible you don’t yourself obey. Anyone who obeyed every part of Leviticus would rightly be put in prison.
    9. If we do not do the right thing in our day, our grandchildren will look at us with same embarrassment we look at racist grandparents.
    10. When Jesus forbade judging, that included you.

For all you self-righteous hypocrites.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

To condemn homosexuality, you must use parts of the Bible you don’t yourself obey. Anyone who obeyed every part of Leviticus would rightly be put in prison.

yes, most christians are hypocrites. I don't know why that would be a shocking revelation.

It is no longer your personal religious view if you’re bothering someone else.

this doesn't even make sense. I'm sure some murderers are "bothered" by the enforcement of the 5th commandment.
    None of the bible is ones "personal" religious view. The bible styles itself as an objective truth.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

wow....yet another thread on this

fact: the bible is clear homosexuality is a sin

but do go ahead and ignore the truth and keep reposting the subject in hopes of deluding yourself.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    8. To condemn homosexuality, you must use parts of the Bible you don’t yourself obey. Anyone who obeyed every part of Leviticus would rightly be put in prison.
    as we've covered several times already, this is not a true statement.....you can only repeat it because you refuse to actually look at what the book of Leviticus says......

we could put that under the title "1 Thing Poet Should Know About Leviticus".....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

3. Truth isn’t like wine that gets better with age. It’s more like manna you must recognize wherever you are and whoever you are with.
    4. You cannot call it “special rights” when someone asks for the same rights you have.
    5. It is no longer your personal religious view if you’re bothering someone else.
    7. If how someone stimulates the pubic nerve has become the needle to your moral compass, you are the one who is lost.
    9. If we do not do the right thing in our day, our grandchildren will look at us with same embarrassment we look at racist grandparents.

Number 8 is wrong. Paul wrote about it in his letter to the Romans.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    as we've covered several times already, this is not a true statement.....you can only repeat it because you refuse to actually look at what the book of Leviticus says......

we could put that under the title "1 Thing Poet Should Know About Leviticus".....
    Laugh out loud... I merely reprinted the blog. I happen to agree with it, however. Leviticus is irrelevant, today, and was meant for the Hebrews, not Christians. Period. So much for you being a theologian.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Number 8 is wrong. Paul wrote about it in his letter to the Romans.
    And Paul needed to dot the i's and cross the t's of Christ Jesus????????????????????? Paul, was rumored to be a latent homosexual and a virulent misogynist. I don't put much faith in his letters or his teachings.

And since you're so well-read and versed, why don't you explain for us? Why is #8 wrong, and what did Paul say to justify that position?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Laugh out loud... I merely reprinted the blog. I happen to agree with it, however. Leviticus is irrelevant, today, and was meant for the Hebrews, not Christians. Period. So much for you being a theologian.
    as I said, there is something you need to learn about Leviticus.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

as I said, there is something you need to learn about Leviticus.....
    I sang mass, 6 days out of 7, for three years. I attended catechism. I served mass as an altar boy, for more than 4 years. There is nothing that I need to know about Leviticus.
    There are things you think I should know. Entirely different subject.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I sang mass, 6 days out of 7, for three years. I attended catechism. I served mass as an altar boy, for more than 4 years. There is nothing that I need to know about Leviticus.
    so long as you incorrectly think you know about Leviticus there is something you need to know about Leviticus......look I don't mind if you choose to remain ignorant about it.....just don't keep starting threads criticizing others for not being as ignorant as you are.....

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so long as you incorrectly think you know about Leviticus there is something you need to know about Leviticus......look I don't mind if you choose to remain ignorant about it.....just don't keep starting threads criticizing others for not being as ignorant as you are.....
    I will if I want to. I mean, who are you to tell me otherwise? A "failed" semanarian?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why do you constantly give us your life's resume? we don't care.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

1 corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals...

want more?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Who gives a damn? The bible is all fairy tales anyway.

You can't polish a turd.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rationalist For This Post:

/MSG/ (04-21-2012), BRUTALITOPS (04-21-2012)

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    1 corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals...

want more?
    http://dignitycanada.org/sin.html

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Rune (04-21-2012)