Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black-on-black victims could fill our stadiums

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Black-on-black victims could fill our stadiums

Imagine Soldier Field beyond capacity, brimming with 63,879 young African-American men, ages 18 to 24 — more than U.S. losses in the entire Vietnam conflict.

Imagine the University of Michigan’s football stadium — the largest in the U.S. — filled to its limit of 109,901 with black men, age 25 and older. Now add 28,223 more — together totaling more than U.S. deaths in World War I.

Picture two UIC Pavilions packed with 12,658 Trayvon Martins — black boys, ages 14 to 17 — nearly twice the number of U.S. lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now picture all of them dead. The national tally of black males 14 and older murdered in America from 1976 through 2005, according to U.S. Bureau of Justice statistics: 214,661.

The numbers tell only part of the story of this largely urban war, where the victims bear an uncanny resemblance to their killers. A war of brother against brother, filled with wanton and automatic gunfire, even in the light of day, on neighborhood streets, where little boys make mud pies, schoolgirls jump rope, where the innocent are caught in the crossfire, where the spirit of murder blows like the wind.

It is, so far, a ceaseless war in which guns are often the weapon of choice, and the finger on the trigger of the gun pointed at a black male is most often another black male’s.

The numbers alone are enough to make me cry — to wonder why — we as African Americans will march en masse over one slain by someone who is not black, and yet sit silent over the hundreds of thousands of us obliterated from this mortal world by someone black like us, like me. It is a numbing truth borne out by hard facts:

From 1980 through 2008, 93 percent of black victims were killed by blacks.

Translation: For every Trayvon Martin killed by someone not black, nine other blacks were murdered by someone black.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/fountai...-stadiums.html

Killing themselves off faster than one white man ever could.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Whats your point Poet ?

Mr. JOHN W. FOUNTAIN (op) isn't lying is he....?
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Whats your point Poet ?

Mr. JOHN W. FOUNTAIN (op) isn't lying is he....?
    Oh, if there are statistics, compiled by white people, designed to paint blacks in a negative light, I don't believe them. I mean, what's the point, if not to make white people seem innocent, innocuous, or just perfect, which they are not. I guess you'd call that, me being racist...when I think it's a description of the real world. You know, y'all refuse to look in the mirror. It ain't pretty.....I wouldn't look, either.

And the clincher is, it's being reported by a black "Stephin Fetchit", who tows the white party line, by throwing his own 'under the bus'.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

are you seriously trying to say that black on black crime is a myth?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #6 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post

It is, so far, a ceaseless war in which guns are often the weapon of choice, and the finger on the trigger of the gun....
    ZOMG!

Is Webbs in favor of gun control?

Is Webbie saying George Zimmerman is white?

Discuss...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guns Guns Guns For This Post:

Taichiliberal (04-15-2012)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Oh, if there are statistics, compiled by white people, designed to paint blacks in a negative light, I don't believe them. I mean, what's the point, if not to make white people seem innocent, innocuous, or just perfect, which they are not. I guess you'd call that, me being racist...when I think it's a description of the real world. You know, y'all refuse to look in the mirror. It ain't pretty.....I wouldn't look, either.

And the clincher is, it's being reported by a black "Stephin Fetchit", who tows the white party line, by throwing his own 'under the bus'.

:lol:

You just can't admit it that your own are killing each other.

9. #8 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Webbsy comes through again to debunk denials of racism from the right.

Thanks for being honest, Webb.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    are you seriously trying to say that black on black crime is a myth?
    No. I'm saying the statistics, compiled by whites are exaggerated.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

:lol:

You just can't admit it that your own are killing each other.

While you have sex with your mother, and cannibalize your sexual partners and put their parts into a freezer.
    Your own horrific acts are more egregious than any of ours.

12. #11 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Webb has unwittingly posted an anti-gun thread....

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    No. I'm saying the statistics, compiled by whites are exaggerated.
    I agree that the statistics are exaggerated. But I'm curious, why do you assume the statistics were compiled by white people?

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Imagine Soldier Field beyond capacity, brimming with 63,879 young African-American men, ages 18 to 24 — more than U.S. losses in the entire Vietnam conflict.

Imagine the University of Michigan’s football stadium — the largest in the U.S. — filled to its limit of 109,901 with black men, age 25 and older. Now add 28,223 more — together totaling more than U.S. deaths in World War I.

Picture two UIC Pavilions packed with 12,658 Trayvon Martins — black boys, ages 14 to 17 — nearly twice the number of U.S. lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now picture all of them dead. The national tally of black males 14 and older murdered in America from 1976 through 2005, according to U.S. Bureau of Justice statistics: 214,661.

The numbers tell only part of the story of this largely urban war, where the victims bear an uncanny resemblance to their killers. A war of brother against brother, filled with wanton and automatic gunfire, even in the light of day, on neighborhood streets, where little boys make mud pies, schoolgirls jump rope, where the innocent are caught in the crossfire, where the spirit of murder blows like the wind.

It is, so far, a ceaseless war in which guns are often the weapon of choice, and the finger on the trigger of the gun pointed at a black male is most often another black male’s.

The numbers alone are enough to make me cry — to wonder why — we as African Americans will march en masse over one slain by someone who is not black, and yet sit silent over the hundreds of thousands of us obliterated from this mortal world by someone black like us, like me. It is a numbing truth borne out by hard facts:

From 1980 through 2008, 93 percent of black victims were killed by blacks.

Translation: For every Trayvon Martin killed by someone not black, nine other blacks were murdered by someone black.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/fountai...-stadiums.html

You Fucking moron Dweebway. Using your same logic we could have filled 1,000 stadiums with the victims of white on white violence from 1939 to 1945.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Taichiliberal (04-15-2012)

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by \\(())// View Post
    Webb has unwittingly posted an anti-gun thread....
    lmao....so you finally admit all your thousands of gun posts and threads are anti-gun...despite your claim they aren't

tff....so easy to pwn the liberal...wait...i thought you said you were beating conservatives...ironic given you just beat yourself moron

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Derp View Post
    You Fucking moron Dweebway. Using your same logic we could have filled 1,000 stadiums with the victims of white on white violence from 1939 to 1945.
    if he is using the numbers like i did, it is merely to show that the rhetoric there is some war against blacks by whites is completely false.

that poet doesn't trust the numbers because they were compiled by white people, is again proof he is racist.