Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Gosling saves stupid woman from dying in traffic, she's offended as a feminist

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Ryan Gosling saves stupid woman from dying in traffic, she's offended as a feminist

http://www.nationalreview.com/home-front

"A self-described feminist, Penny was insulted by the media’s response. “I really do object to being framed as the ditzy damsel in distress in this story,” she wrote online."

lol.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Cancel 2018. 3 (04-06-2012), cancel2 2022 (04-06-2012), Minister of Truth (04-06-2012), Rationalist (04-06-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is why I don't help anyone. Ungrateful swine. Fuck you.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Minister of Truth (04-06-2012)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

"I had just bought a nice pink wig to wear to a friend's party. I was thinking about an article I'm writing about birth control and the importance of reproductive freedom to women's rights, and I didn't remember to look the right way. An actor happened to be passing and stopped me from getting run over by a car. I said "thank you." And that was that."

you can't make this shit up . . .

http://gawker.com/5899046/ryan-gosling-saved-me-from-a-speeding-car-but-theres-war-in-the-middle-east-so-everyone-calm-down

Darla what were you doing yesterday? O_o

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Rationalist (04-06-2012)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Gosling should've billed the little hussy for his services.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
    http://www.nationalreview.com/home-front

"A self-described feminist, Penny was insulted by the media’s response. “I really do object to being framed as the ditzy damsel in distress in this story,” she wrote online."

lol.
    Well, I get her point and she's not slamming him at all. However, I don't know many women more feminist than I am and I wouldn't have said that. You know, at the right time and place there's nothing wrong with playing the damsel in distress. It's gotten me out of more than one bad situation in my life. And if Ryan Gosling, who is only prevented from being the hottest man on earth by Jon Hamm's very existence, saves you from anything, how can you not be happy about it?
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Rationalist (04-06-2012)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
    "I had just bought a nice pink wig to wear to a friend's party. I was thinking about an article I'm writing about birth control and the importance of reproductive freedom to women's rights, and I didn't remember to look the right way. An actor happened to be passing and stopped me from getting run over by a car. I said "thank you." And that was that."

you can't make this shit up . . .

http://gawker.com/5899046/ryan-gosling-saved-me-from-a-speeding-car-but-theres-war-in-the-middle-east-so-everyone-calm-down

Darla what were you doing yesterday? O_o
    Oh no way, if this had been me I would still be "thanking" him.

You guys have the total wrong impression of me. It's because men on the internet are mainly animals and pigs and need to be put in their place often. I'm actually very sweet in person.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

11. #7 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Well, I get her point and she's not slamming him at all. However, I don't know many women more feminist than I am and I wouldn't have said that. You know, at the right time and place there's nothing wrong with playing the damsel in distress. It's gotten me out of more than one bad situation in my life. And if Ryan Gosling, who is only prevented from being the hottest man on earth by Jon Hamm's very existence, saves you from anything, how can you not be happy about it?
    Doesn't playing the damsel in distress go against being a feminist?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rocketfingers View Post
    This is why I don't help anyone. Ungrateful swine. Fuck you.
    No shit man. Here's a true story. My mother was a waitress at a Steak House when my father was a grad student. One night a woman she was serving started choking on a bite of steak. She literally had turned blue in the face when my mother did the Heimlich manuever and dislodged the steak from her throut and saved her life.

Did the woman thank my mother? No, she turned around and pushed my mother and yelled at her "Get your fucking hands off of me!".
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Rationalist (04-06-2012)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Doesn't playing the damsel in distress go against being a feminist?
    Absolutely. Just because I am a feminist does not mean I have never done unfeminist things. I have. Don't forget too WB, I'm in sales. And I am really good at it. I don't sell things to men by going in and saying "hey I'm a feminist I hope you don't think you're going to be shoving your stupid male privilege in my face and btw, keep your eyeballs on my face you f*cking pig!"

No, I save that stuff for you guys here!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (04-06-2012), Mott the Hoople (04-06-2012), Rationalist (04-06-2012), zappasguitar (04-06-2012)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Derp View Post
    No shit man. Here's a true story. My mother was a waitress at a Steak House when my father was a grad student. One night a woman she was serving started choking on a bite of steak. She literally had turned blue in the face when my mother did the Heimlich manuever and dislodged the steak from her throut and saved her life.

Did the woman thank my mother? No, she turned around and pushed my mother and yelled at her "Get your fucking hands off of me!".
    OMG that's horrible.

17. #11 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Absolutely. Just because I am a feminist does not mean I have never done unfeminist things. I have. Don't forget too WB, I'm in sales. And I am really good at it. I don't sell things to men by going in and saying "hey I'm a feminist I hope you don't think you're going to be shoving your stupid male privilege in my face and btw, keep your eyeballs on my face you f*cking pig!"

No, I save that stuff for you guys here!
    I love an honest response!!!

18. #12 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Let's face it, manners are swirling down the drain. Whether it is a major event like the OP talks about or just minor things, good manners are fading faster than Sarah Palin's reputation.

Try holding a door open for people and see who says "Thank you". The younger the person is the less likely you are to get a word from them.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let's face it, manners are swirling down the drain. Whether it is a major event like the OP talks about or just minor things, good manners are fading faster than Sarah Palin's reputation.

Try holding a door open for people and see who says "Thank you". The younger the person is the less likely you are to get a word from them.
    I always say thank you, and I always hold the door open for elderly people of either gender. I sometimes will hold it open for a man if he's very close behind me. I don't think I've ever not received a thank you. I wonder if this goes to prove that NY'ers really are great people! Ha!

20. #14 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

I always say thank you, and I always hold the door open for elderly people of either gender. I sometimes will hold it open for a man if he's very close behind me. I don't think I've ever not received a thank you. I wonder if this goes to prove that NY'ers really are great people! Ha!
    I am a chronic door holder. I get thank yous from most, with the exception of younger people. And it especially seems that younger women don't say anything. I usually just say "You're Welcome" loud enough so they can hear.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am a chronic door holder. I get thank yous from most, with the exception of younger people. And it especially seems that younger women don't say anything. I usually just say "You're Welcome" loud enough so they can hear.
    Just to give an alternate viewpoint. Just for consideration. When you say younger women, it's not that easy being a young woman, especially if you are considered conventionally attractive. Maybe these women are being street harassed nearly every day (young attractive women usually are), and maybe they are also harassed by dirty old men. Maybe they are intimidated and don't even want to make eye contact. Maybe every time they said thank you in the past the man immediately took that as an opening to talk to them, to hit on them. In my experience a woman doesn't gain the kind of confidence you need in order to navigate these things until she is at least 30. 30 is a huge turning point.