Thread: So much hatred and so much ignorance.

1. #1 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Default So much hatred and so much ignorance.

This letter to the editor was published in the Tuscaloosa News today.

"Dear Editor: As the parent of a child that attends a Tuscaloosa County school, I am appalled to read in today’s paper that same sex students will be able to attend the prom together. This is just one more reason I want to remove my child from the school system. No wonder so many parents today are struggling to pay for private schools or educate at home. Our school systems lack morals and a backbone to stand up to organizations that support homosexuality and immoral behavior.

I am coming to you as a Christian parent that does not accept things just because they (are) “politically correct.” It amazes me that a child can get detention hall for something as simple as chewing gum but gets no discipline when it comes to immoral sexuality. Instead, our school systems and government just roll over and ignore the fact that it is a sin in God’s eyes. Parents of students that are not gay did not get a say in this decision.

In today’s society, sex is rampant in our media, and homosexuality has become widely accepted. Instead of educating our youth about the emotional, physical and spiritual dangers of homosexuality, our school system has decided to embrace it. I am disappointed and disgusted that the school system I trust to educate my child has stooped to the level of bowing down to activists just to keep them quiet and to keep from being sued.

This decision by our Tuscaloosa County School System is clearly sending the message to children and parents that it is acceptable to be gay and that it is not a sin. How pathetic."

WTF? So much ignorance and so much hatred out there today.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

It's such a drag to read stuff like that...

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

most of the time I like to sit and believe that the north was dead wrong in forcing themselves in to the southern state governments in order to 'persuade' the southern states to go along with the new path of america....and then idiots like this fucktard show up and I see a tiny reason to show that they didn't do enough.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    most of the time I like to sit and believe that the north was dead wrong in forcing themselves in to the southern state governments in order to 'persuade' the southern states to go along with the new path of america....and then idiots like this fucktard show up and I see a tiny reason to show that they didn't do enough.
    The only up side is that there are 86 comments on the paper's website about this letter, and didn't see any supporting the letter writer's side.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

"Dear Editor: As the parent of a child that attends a Tuscaloosa County school, I am appalled to read in today’s paper that different racial students will be able to attend the prom together. This is just one more reason I want to remove my child from the school system. No wonder so many parents today are struggling to pay for private schools or educate at home. Our school systems lack morals and a backbone to stand up to organizations that support iinterracial behavior.

I am coming to you as a Christian or non-Christian parent that does not accept things just because they (are) “politically correct.” It amazes me that a child can get detention hall for something as simple as chewing gum but gets no discipline when it comes to having sex with a black person. Instead, our school systems and government just roll over and ignore the fact that it is a sin in God’s or White Cone God's eyes. Parents of students that are not black did not get a say in this decision.

In today’s society, black people are rampant in our media, and black people have become widely accepted. Instead of educating our youth about the emotional, physical and spiritual dangers of interracial dating/marriage, our school system has decided to embrace it. I am disappointed and disgusted that the school system I trust to educate my child has stooped to the level of bowing down to activists just to keep them quiet and to keep from being sued.

This decision by our Tuscaloosa County School System is clearly sending the message to children and parents that it is acceptable to be gay and that it is not a sin. How pathetic."
    fixed circa 1950's and for dixie.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

The Southern Poverty Law Center announced today that Tuscaloosa County Schools will allow its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students to attend prom with same-sex dates.

SPLC also announced the system has recognized the right of students to wear clothing with slogans expressing acceptance of LGBT people.

The district’s statement comes after the SPLC sent a letter to school officials in January on behalf of Brookwood High School student Elizabeth Garrett who said she was forced to remove a sweatshirt because its message supported gay rights.

Elizabeth Garrett The Carpet Muncher In Training

The SPLC sued for her rights to wear a shirt promoting LGBT, but no mention of them when a kid got kicked out of school for wearing an American flag t-shirt.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 230 Times in 210 Posts

The American flag issue? Full of shit. SPLC and ACLU went forcefully forward on that one. Like the OP says. So much hatred and ignorance. I say willful hatred and ignorance. You see redneckness has got to be a disease. You catch it on your fingers and it crawls right up your sleeves or so says Lyle Lovette. I wonder if that parent understands that her children are also exposed to inter-racial couples and/or they may themselves be involved in such relationships. Multiple would be my hope. Oh, the horrors. I tried to teach all my kids if given the chance to dance or to sit it out by all means they owe it to themselves to dance. I never thought about who their dance partners may be.
    Last edited by gui1tars; 04-05-2012 at 09:28 PM.