Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman - A Hispanic Registered Democrat

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Zimmerman - A Hispanic Registered Democrat

The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat.

George Michael Zimmerman, born Oct. 5, 1983, registered as a Democrat in Seminole County, Fla., in August 2002, according to state voter registration documents.

It is unclear whether he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008.

Some in the media have sought to blame Republican politicians and conservative activists for Martin’s death.

“[Republican politicians] reinforce and validate old stereotypes that associate the poor and welfare as criminal behavior with African-Americans and people of color, calling us lazy, undeserving recipients of public assistance. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences,” said MSNBC political analyst and Democratic fundraiser Karen Finney.

According to the document, Zimmerman’s race is officially listed as Hispanic. The son of a white father and Peruvian mother, he has been described as a “white Hispanic” in most media reports.

So we assume the media will from here on accurately call Zimmerman a Hispanic Democrat, right?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

How is this relevant?

From what I have seen, blame that has gone on politicians has to do w/ the FL law. Was Zimmerman involved in the writing of that law?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Onceler For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-27-2012)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    How is this relevant?

From what I have seen, blame that has gone on politicians has to do w/ the FL law. Was Zimmerman involved in the writing of that law?
    is this a method of silent intent to withdraw the race cards that have been thrown on the pile for a month now?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    is this a method of silent intent to withdraw the race cards that have been thrown on the pile for a month now?
    If by "race card" you mean the fact that a young black youth was targeted & it seems likely that he wouldn't have been had he been another color, I would guess not.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Onceler For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-27-2012)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post

Can someone translate this for me? Thanks in advance.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    Sure he said: "lasl sdfog nlldioa nllwoa xdiiznll. Ewozn naoita zxeiow"

Clear now?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Sure he said: "lasl sdfog nlldioa nllwoa xdiiznll. Ewozn naoita zxeiow"

Clear now?

Thank you. Much clearer.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

If by "race card" you mean the fact that a young black youth was targeted & it seems likely that he wouldn't have been had he been another color, I would guess not.
    Sorry to repeat myself but the huge variable in the story is the profiling and killing was done by a Hispanic guy. Blacks have long had to deal with profiling by whites but when an incident like this happens with a person from another underpriviledged minority group it adds a whole new angle. It's not as easy as if it had been some gun loving right-wing cracker southerner. Of course to the family all they care about is their son is gone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-27-2012)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

then i'll attribute your preference to being the flavor of the month. I'm sure the closer it gets to election time, you'll switch back to brown so you can favor your undocumented voters.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    I don't speak Liberalese, but I will attempt to translate: Was Onceler trying to steer away from the subject of racism because George Zimmerman's a registered Democrat?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Sorry to repeat myself but the huge variable in the story is the profiling and killing was done by a Hispanic guy. Blacks have long had to deal with profiling by whites but when an incident like this happens with a person from another underpriviledged minority group it adds a whole new angle. It's not as easy as if it had been some gun loving right-wing cracker southerner. Of course to the family all they care about is their son is gone.
    Maybe not as easy, but to me it's just as obvious. That tape is still pretty chilling to me.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    I don't speak Liberalese, but I will attempt to translate: Was Onceler trying to steer away from the subject of racism because George Zimmerman's a registered Democrat?
    Nope - I didn't care what his political party was & never have....

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Nope - I didn't care what his political party was & never have....
    I'm sorry friend, but you're just not believable. Your comments usually stink of liberalism.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    I'm sorry friend, but you're just not believable. Your comments usually stink of liberalism.
    But you're an idiot - really. I care what you think about as much as I care what Zimmerman's political affiliation was.

It's a point only braindead people would make hay out of.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onceler For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-27-2012), Phantasmal (03-27-2012)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I could care less about that issue. I think it's a non-issue. I could care less what race Zimmerman is and I could care less what race Trayvon is. What I care about is that Zimmerman killed a young man after provoking a confrontation with him without adequate justification and he was not arrested for it.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!