Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What a Show Nancy

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default What a Show Nancy

Facing the most unpopular President in decades, Nancy Pelosi takes her marching orders from him, and in doing so, splits the Democratic party in two, while uniting the Republican party, the party that the American public considers responsible for an unpopular war. Way to go Nancy! Show them how it's done. You stupid, stupid, bitch.

Busy listening to people like Damo no doubt, who cherry picks the top numbers for Bush approval, ignoring the ones coming in putting him in the high 20's. And giving Pelose "friendly warnings and advice" about Congress' own plummeting approval ratings. Well, the American people elected you becausee they don't like this war. YOu've done jackshit about this war, what did you expect? Actually getting on tv and whining and crying last night, that you can't do anything because you don't have 60 votes, should really send your approval ratings through the roof! I figure Congress will be coming in at about 19, and Bush might actually go up to the 38 percent Damo thinks he's already at.

Americans don't like whiners, they like winners. And the dems just f'd themselves for 08. This is going to keep them split, and you could easily see another 68 convention happen here. I know I'm gone. I'll go 3rd party. If the repukes win they win. If they send more to die, go ahead. I don't care anymore. I'm not going, no one i love is going, what do I care? My only hope, you support this war, you support this guy, someone you love ends up over there before all is said and done.

Democratic Caucus Split by Iraq Troop-Withdrawal Concession

By Nicholas Johnston and Laura Litvan

May 23 (Bloomberg) -- A decision by Democratic leaders in Congress to drop a troop-withdrawal timeline from Iraq war- funding legislation outraged anti-war Democrats and will force the party to depend on Republican support to pass the measure.

Democratic leaders said that they didn't have the votes to overcome a threatened veto of the troop-withdrawal plan and instead will compel President George W. Bush to report on whether Iraq is reaching benchmarks toward ending the war.

Anti-war Democrats criticized the decision. ``We've given everything away,'' Virginia Democrat Jim Moran said. ``It will split the Democratic caucus.''

The House is likely to vote tomorrow on the measure, which provides almost $100 billion in funding for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan until the next fiscal year begins Sept. 30.

Even House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said that she is ``not likely to vote for something that doesn't have a timetable or a goal of coming home.''

California Democrat Lynn Woolsey, the co-founder of a congressional anti-war caucus, said many Democrats will oppose the measure because the benchmarks are ``meaningless.''

``The anti-war Democrats who care about Iraq have reached their tipping point,'' Woolsey said. ``They're at the end of their rope.''

A Split

The internal dispute over the Iraq measure illustrates a split between Democratic leadership and the party's liberal wing on issues beyond the war, said Norm Ornstein, a congressional scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington public policy group.

Earlier yesterday, some Democrats in a closed-door meeting also criticized a new framework on trade negotiations that party leaders reached with the Bush administration, saying it doesn't go far enough to reverse a record U.S. trade deficit and save U.S. factory jobs.

``It's clear that it's a problem and it's not going away,'' Ornstein said.

Massachusetts Democrat James McGovern said that while he backed earlier Democratic war-funding proposals, which narrowly passed the House, he will oppose the latest version.

``There are no timetables, there's no accountability,'' McGovern said. ``The president doesn't have to pay attention to any of this stuff.''

Frustration

Anti-war groups also expressed frustration. ``Continuing to fund the war without setting timelines or benchmarks is another step toward endless war,'' said Susan Shaer, national co-leader of Win Without War, an activist group.

In addition to the $100 billion in funding for military operations, the proposed measure will likely include about $20 billion in domestic funding and an increase of the federal minimum wage, which has been a top Democratic priority.

The House will hold two separate votes on the measure, House Appropriations Chairman David Obey of Wisconsin told reporters, one on the military spending with Iraqi government benchmarks and then a separate vote on the domestic spending.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p..._o&refer=home#

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Republicans suck Demoncrats suck and independents are not viable.(they mostly suck as well)
    Time to leave ?
    I have been checking on real estate in NZ.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Busy listening to people like Damo no doubt, who cherry picks the top numbers for Bush approval, ignoring the ones coming in putting him in the high 20's. And giving Pelose "friendly warnings and advice" about Congress' own plummeting approval ratings. Well, the American people elected you becausee they don't like this war. YOu've done jackshit about this war, what did you expect? Actually getting on tv and whining and crying last night, that you can't do anything because you don't have 60 votes, should really send your approval ratings through the roof! I figure Congress will be coming in at about 19, and Bush might actually go up to the 38 percent Damo thinks he's already at.
    I see you make up numbers, I said he was at about 35%, then using the same company I gave the numbers that Congress was at. Then I made a joke about her being scared. But heck, jokes with misspelled "skeered" and smilies showing they are jokes are sometimes taken seriously...

Yeah....
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I do notice that this outside domestic spending is also not in their promise of "pay as you go". I'd forgive the war that they don't want, but the pork has been insane lately. They give it away to get people to vote for their measures and "pay as you go" has got to cause many a laugh up on the hill at this time...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I see you make up numbers, I said he was at about 35%, then using the same company I gave the numbers that Congress was at. Then I made a joke about her being scared. But heck, jokes with misspelled "skeered" and smilies showing they are jokes are sometimes taken seriously...

Yeah....
    Oh. I was drinking last night trying to forget a man who done me wrong. It's that rat-fink Harry Reid. So I didn't catch the sarcasm and didn't re-read it this morning, sorry!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah as expected the demos pay as you go has worked out about like the republicans smaller govt and responsible spending has.
    Both parties are tax and spend, the only differnece is who is taxed and who it is spent on.
    Proving tax cuts work!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Oh. I was drinking last night trying to forget a man who done me wrong. It's that rat-fink Harry Reid. So I didn't catch the sarcasm and didn't re-read it this morning, sorry!
    It's all good... I'm having fun.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/pol...ve/?poll_id=19

Darla... Damo's 35% is not far off the average... this site tracks polls from a wide variety of sources.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/pol...ve/?poll_id=19

Darla... Damo's 35% is not far off the average... this site tracks polls from a wide variety of sources.
    They don't have the recent CBS/Time polls in there, just last months.

Whatever, maybe he does crack 30 on a lot of them. Not on the Newsweek ones and not on the last Time one, but maybe there are a lot of others where he gets up over 30 that I haven't paid enough attention to.

I hardly think it matters. High 20's, Low 30's, either way, he's got the hard-core base of the R party with him and pretty much nobody else. There was no reason to cave to this guy, outside of the hardcore loons, people cannot wait to see his ass heading out the door. He has no independent support. He is not a fearsome character. There was no reason for this nonsense. The biggest surprise of these 7 years is that this son-of-a-bitch is still alive.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree, there is not much difference between high 20s or low 30's.... both suck. I also am mildly surprised that the Dems backed down like this. For the very reasons you have mentioned. Bush is weak in the public eye and yet the Dems just bent over and grabbed their ankles. It does not bode well that they continue to bow down to someone they claim is so intellectually challenged.

As for your final comment.... the secret service is a great organization made up of dedicated professionals who will defend the holder of the office of the President of the United States with their lives. No matter what. Whether a person likes Bush or not, they know the SS is there and THAT should deter any moronic ideas that may pop into their heads.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I agree, there is not much difference between high 20s or low 30's.... both suck. I also am mildly surprised that the Dems backed down like this. For the very reasons you have mentioned. Bush is weak in the public eye and yet the Dems just bent over and grabbed their ankles. It does not bode well that they continue to bow down to someone they claim is so intellectually challenged.

As for your final comment.... the secret service is a great organization made up of dedicated professionals who will defend the holder of the office of the President of the United States with their lives. No matter what. Whether a person likes Bush or not, they know the SS is there and THAT should deter any moronic ideas that may pop into their heads.
    It's not about intellect. Bush has an average intellect, but is also a wet-brain. He's not a giant. But he is, and always has been, a very crafty, sly, animal. And a crafty, sly animal with no morals, is an animal you have to be very careful around. But that doesn't mean you pack up your bags, and your beliefs and go home.

Oh really? I had no idea there was a SS no less what their mission is. Thanks for the enlightment. I guess no one has ever made an attempt on a President's life then. Well, don't I feel like the fool.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Didn't Hitler have SS as well ?

Just could not resist
    Proving tax cuts work!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree with you about the current Dimocratic leadership. Unfortunately, it's exactly what I expected from them.

Interestingly, Al Gore is saying much the same thing these days. Oh, he phrases it more politely, but the meaning is clear.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&sn=005&sc=561
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gore was VP under Clowntoon, and Clinton was a Republican leaning Demoncrat.
    Proving tax cuts work!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    I agree with you about the current Dimocratic leadership. Unfortunately, it's exactly what I expected from them.

Interestingly, Al Gore is saying much the same thing these days. Oh, he phrases it more politely, but the meaning is clear.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&sn=005&sc=561
    He doesn't say anything in there that implies at all that he agrees with what the dems did yesterday or that he would have done the same thing. Don't scare me like that, he's my last hope.