Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The war on Christians is growing on two continents.....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Default The war on Christians is growing on two continents.....

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/brit...ss-or-crucifix

British Government: Christians Have No Right to Wear Visible Cross or Crucifix
    By Patrick Goodenough
    March 12, 2012

The British government plans to argue in the European Court of Human Rights that since displaying a cross is not a requirement of Christianity, employers may ban them. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – Britain’s Conservative-led government plans to argue in a European Court of Human Rights case that employers are entitled to ban the visible wearing of crosses at work because displaying the symbol is not a recognized “requirement” of the Christian faith.
    ==============
    It just can't any better than this......coming to your neighborhood soon and pinheads all over the
    country will rejoice as more and more of our freedoms are trampled on and the Constitution nears
    its final resting place as garbage created by the left.....
    I hope I'm around to see it unfold....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At NOVA For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (03-14-2012), The Dude (03-13-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

I'm sure your with your christian soldiers in MS who think obama is a muslim. You deck mopper

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post

By Patrick Goodenough
    March 12, 2012

The British government plans to argue in the European Court of Human Rights that since displaying a cross is not a requirement of Christianity, employers may ban them. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – Britain’s Conservative-led government plans to argue in a European Court of Human Rights case that employers are entitled to ban the visible wearing of crosses at work because displaying the symbol is not a recognized “requirement” of the Christian faith.
    ==============
    It just can't any better than this......coming to your neighborhood soon and pinheads all over the
    country will rejoice as more and more of our freedoms are trampled on and the Constitution nears
    Let me put your pea-sized mind to rest with a report from Planet Fashionista:

Crosses are far too popular in the fashion world to ever be banned here. I myself collect them. Here's my latest piece. I call it my Hippie Jesus piece, on account of the, well, whole Jesus/cross thing, and the moonstones. I love moonstones!

Put your mind at ease freaks! 7th Avenue has the final say on this.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

The Dude (03-13-2012)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post

Crosses are far too popular in the fashion world to ever be banned here. I myself collect them. Here's my latest piece. I call it my Hippie Jesus piece, on account of the, well, whole Jesus/cross thing, and the moonstones. I love moonstones!

Christians have become so complacent.......they don't seem to have the guts to fight for their beliefs.......or maybe it is more a case of them losing their faith to some degree....mythology has no place the modern world .......unless you're a ignorant Muslim barbaric animal intent on being the slave master over women and living in the past.

It will be crosses there and forced support of birth control and abortion here............but what direction it takes is irrelevant....
    The important issue is that the war is real and gaining steam......Its gonna be interesting and fun to watch it grow and the US Constitutional freedoms shrink......

Makes you wonder if pinheads will ever realize the reality and importance of what goes on under their noses, and how far the rest of the countrys apathy to do nothing will last......
    Guess that is what makes history interesting.......

By the way Darla....nice cross......how many pieces in your collection ?.....Looks like it can get expensive.

My weakness was old furniture....mostly oak pieces......not for antique value but to re-finish and restore and for the most part use in our home.....
    I've even built some pieces......a corner hutch, some nice "treasure chests" for the grand daughters, picture frames, candle holders, etc.....
    Makes our decor kinds rustic and country.....

Is your collection all new crosses or do you have some with a history ? Its gotta be more interesting than stamps....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,260 Times in 33,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christians have become so complacent.......they don't seem to have the guts to fight for their beliefs.......or maybe it is more a case of them losing their faith to some degree....mythology has no place the modern world .......unless you're a ignorant Muslim barbaric animal intent on being the slave master over women and living in the past.

It will be crosses there and forced support of birth control and abortion here............but what direction it takes is irrelevant....
    The important issue is that the war is real and gaining steam......Its gonna be interesting and fun to watch it grow and the US Constitutional freedoms shrink......

Makes you wonder if pinheads will ever realize the reality and importance of what goes on under their noses, and how far the rest of the countrys apathy to do nothing will last......

By the way Darla....nice cross......how many pieces in your collection ?.....Looks like it can get expensive.

My weakness was old furniture....mostly oak pieces......not for antique value but to re-finish and restore and for the most part use in our home.....
    I've even built some pieces......a corner hutch, some nice "treasure chests" for the grand daughters, picture frames, candle holders, etc.....

Is your collection all new crosses or do you have some with a history ? Its gotta be more interesting than stamps....
    Myth is very relevant today and important. It teaches life lessons and helps humans identify their archetypes, like the adolescent, the hero, the sage, the martyr. There is always truth in mythology, you just have to look for the life lesson in the story. The myth of Jesus teaches us of love and sacrifice. Mythos shows us the good and evil that exists in our lives.

The term is used derogatorily by yourself and others because people don't understand the importance of myths.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (03-14-2012), christiefan915 (03-13-2012), The Dude (03-13-2012)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,196 Times in 25,727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

That's a really nice piece of jewelry. I don't have any Nicky Butler. Currently he has a few rings I like.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think it's funny when you try and make small talk with me Bravo. It always cracks me up I don't know why.

I've been collecting them for a while, and some of them have history in that they go back to the 90's, two of them belonged to my grandma, but the majority of them are from the past five years when I have been able to really pick pieces that I absolutely love.

Your wood hobby is cool, and anything is better than collecting stamps.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    That's a really nice piece of jewelry. I don't have any Nicky Butler. Currently he has a few rings I like.
    Thank you, that is the third cross I have from him, I think he makes some of the most stunning crosses I've seen. His other jewelry is nice too, but I don't have anything else by him. I love to take the crosses off of the chains they come with and put them on a black cord necklace, or black rope. I am really into them, it's weird. I must have imprinted on Madonna and just never get over it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-14-2012)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

By Patrick Goodenough
    March 12, 2012

==============
    Ground shaking news Blabo. Who gives a fuck.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

[B]Christians have become so complacent.......they don't seem to have the guts to fight for their beliefs
    Its not a lack of guts bravo. Its just that secretly, every christian really deep inside themselves know that the whole thing is a load of codswallop. They know their arguments are weak, beyond weak, and that they are so easily defeated. They know that every strain of empirical evidence is against them. They know that the history of religion's retreat is against them.

Even more moderate muslims know this. You can't fight the inevitable forever...
    Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank you, that is the third cross I have from him, I think he makes some of the most stunning crosses I've seen. His other jewelry is nice too, but I don't have anything else by him. I love to take the crosses off of the chains they come with and put them on a black cord necklace, or black rope. I am really into them, it's weird. I must have imprinted on Madonna and just never get over it.
    Darla, have you ever thought about making your own? The lost wax method is not overly complex and silver isn't expensive. Every piece would be unique.
    Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Myth is very relevant today and important. It teaches life lessons and helps humans identify their archetypes, like the adolescent, the hero, the sage, the martyr. There is always truth in mythology, you just have to look for the life lesson in the story. The myth of Jesus teaches us of love and sacrifice. Mythos shows us the good and evil that exists in our lives.

The term is used derogatorily by yourself and others because people don't understand the importance of myths.
    Doing it again huh...putting words in my mouth and mis characterizing my intent...

Yes...mythology can and is important as long as one recognizes it is myth and not reality....and this issue has nothing to do with the real topic of the thread
    which is the war on Christians.....

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AnyOldIron View Post
    Its not a lack of guts bravo. Its just that secretly, every christian really deep inside themselves know that the whole thing is a load of codswallop. They know their arguments are weak, beyond weak, and that they are so easily defeated. They know that every strain of empirical evidence is against them. They know that the history of religion's retreat is against them.

Even more moderate muslims know this. You can't fight the inevitable forever...
    That could be .... we just dont' know for sure, do we

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Ground shaking news Blabo. Who gives a fuck.
    The Christians for one.....and those that support and defend the amendments of the US Constitution for another.....

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That could be .... we just dont' know for sure, do we
    We can be as certain as we can about anything. Absolute knowledge isn't possible outside of fantasy, granted. We don't have absolute knowledge of gravity, we have only an accumulation of our previous experiences and an explanation based on that. But we can't live if we let the impossibility of absolute knowledge prevent us from accepting certain things are and certain things aren't.

Friedrich Nietzsche