Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atheism vs. Religion

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnyOldIron View Post
    TGPTD, thank you for this cartoon strip. I was looking for a way to teach my toddler the lesson of the obstinacy of faith, and I couldn't have presented it in any better way.

You have been around since 06, similar to myself. Did you have another name?
    It's Grind.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Derp View Post
    It's Grind.
    Cheers mate. Seems like everyone has changed their names, apart from Damo, Dixie and Darla.
    Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AnyOldIron For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-14-2012)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,759 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thankyou Rana. Like King Arthur or Sir Francis Drake, I have never really been away. I just rest until atheist missionary work is needed.

And this forum is like crack cocaine to me, so I need to be careful not to get 'too' hooked again...

Hope you are well!
    I am well, thank you so much and hoping the same for you.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why, oh why would an atheist say that?
    because they deny it's a puzzle.....they insist they already know nothing is in the picture....but you already knew that.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    because they deny it's a puzzle.....they insist they already know nothing is in the picture....but you already knew that.....
    They did not insist there was NOTHING in the picture. If you recall, he mentioned the pond, some trees and sky and ultimately Winnie and Tigger. It was the other, the "theist" if you will who even though the puzzle was missing only one piece, and the Duck on the box obviously was bigger than one piece, still insisted that there was going to be a duck in the picture. But of course, you get this and yet revel in pretending to be obtuse.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Socrtease For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-16-2012)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    They did not insist there was NOTHING in the picture. If you recall, he mentioned the pond, some trees and sky and ultimately Winnie and Tigger.
    that was the inherent error of the post....the fact the atheist DIDN'T insist there was nothing in the picture......I pointed that out in my first post.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Now, my problem with the analogy is that atheists cannot insist that we now know so much about the universe that there is really only one piece missing in our puzzle of existence and therefore questions about the existence or non-existence of god are unnecessary. There are billions of pieces of our puzzle missing. We don't even know what the picture on the puzzle is supposed to be, and we have no box to give us an idea.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Socrtease For This Post:

/MSG/ (03-15-2012), Damocles (03-14-2012)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

TGPTD, thank you for this cartoon strip. I was looking for a way to teach my toddler the lesson of the obstinacy of faith, and I couldn't have presented it in any better way.

You have been around since 06, similar to myself. Did you have another name?
    I'm Grind. and I love you. <3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-16-2012)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm going to laugh at all the Atheists when the Elder Gods drive you to madness. Of course, as a loyal follower, I'll be far too mad to understand it, so in advance...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (03-16-2012), Phantasmal (03-16-2012)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Now, my problem with the analogy is that atheists cannot insist that we now know so much about the universe that there is really only one piece missing in our puzzle of existence and therefore questions about the existence or non-existence of god are unnecessary. There are billions of pieces of our puzzle missing. We don't even know what the picture on the puzzle is supposed to be, and we have no box to give us an idea.
    if that's the case, atheists shouldn't insist there are no gods.....they should simply be content as agnostics.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

icedancer2theend (03-16-2012)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Cheers mate. Seems like everyone has changed their names, apart from Damo, Dixie and Darla.
    And why I wonder? Is it to multiply their numbers or confuse me each time I return? Anyone see 'Babel?'
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    And why I wonder? Is it to multiply their numbers or confuse me each time I return? Anyone see 'Babel?'
    It was just a fun modification that I added, you can do it too. You can see a history of their usernames in their profile, usually this will tell you who somebody is if you are wondering.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    so as I do, treat them all as new members....