View Poll Results: what would you have done?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • started shooting cops to stop the beating

1 20.00%
  • started hitting cops to stop the beating

0 0%
  • started yelling at the cops to stop the beating

3 60.00%
  • started yelling at the cops to also tase him

1 20.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: would killing these cops in defense of this diabetic shock victim be justified?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    But then there's the other side of the coin and that's that most Liberals will ALWAYS condemn cops, no matter what they do. The same goes for the military.
    Some people on the extreme left, perhaps. Not mainstream liberals.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

I was a block away from the scene when a Seattle police officer shot Native American wood carver John T. Williams. Everybody who witnessed the event, and even the camera in the police officer's patrol car showed something VERY different from the officer's version of the story. Williams didn't follow the officer's orders, but he did NOT threaten the officer and certainly did not deserve to die.

And yet, virtually all the conservatives I know defended the cop without question. The topic came up over dinner at my aunt and uncle's house and one of their friends was literally YELLING at me over the issue. It's mindless. I am not anti-cop, but I am anti-BAD cop, and unfortunately there are too many of them out there.

For claiming to believe in the sanctity of life, most conservatives have very little regard for the innocent people murdered by law enforcement every year.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Burnside View Post
    I was a block away from the scene when a Seattle police officer shot Native American wood carver John T. Williams. Everybody who witnessed the event, and even the camera in the police officer's patrol car showed something VERY different from the officer's version of the story. Williams didn't follow the officer's orders, but he did NOT threaten the officer and certainly did not deserve to die.

And yet, virtually all the conservatives I know defended the cop without question. The topic came up over dinner at my aunt and uncle's house and one of their friends was literally YELLING at me over the issue. It's mindless. I am not anti-cop, but I am anti-BAD cop, and unfortunately there are too many of them out there.

For claiming to believe in the sanctity of life, most conservatives have very little regard for the innocent people murdered by law enforcement every year.
    They consider it aceptable collateral damage worth the cost of them having a sense of personal phyiscal security.
    Last edited by Rune; 02-11-2012 at 03:43 AM.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Burnside View Post

I read some articles on this and unfortunetly most of them suggest that the Officer should have know that John was holding a "DULL CARVING KNIFE" and that the Officer just wanted to kill someone.

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle; but will never be discovered.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    http://www.lvrj.com/news/video-shows...138901274.html

so how many of you would have sat there and watched these vicious thugs beat this defenseless man? would you have said or done anything?

I would have called 911 and reported a bunch of officers beating a defenseless man. Then I would have reported the incident to the FBI in hopes that all of those involved were arrested and charged with assault with intent to cause injury and then jailed accordingly..... in general population.