Mott the Hoople (01-22-2012)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Burnside View Post
    Of all the candidates, he is the most Reaganesque.
    ???....I don't see it....what are you referring to......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-22-2012)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    we're so fucked
    Don't take it hard STY. Were always fucked. Remember, the difference between a good politician and a bad politician is that a bad politician will give you the shaft but a good politician will always put vaseline on the shaft.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    20% of the people who voted for Obama in 08 won't even bother to vote in 12.......
    Yea, yea, yea and 9 out of 10 Republicans who tried Camels actually prefered women.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Yea, yea, yea and 9 out of 10 Republicans who tried Camels actually prefered women.
    lol.....that looks like a panic reaction to the realization that my comment was spot on.....you know the thrill of the ride is off......people voted for the first black president, but who's going to want to brag to their kids that they voted to re-elect the man who made everything worse than Bush left it......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you want another Reagan, support Romney. Reagan was a moderate governor of a liberal state who went on to become a conservative President.

Newt will lose, guaranteed.
    WHAT??!! Dude, Reagan had gone over to the dark side long before he was Governor of Cali and he was a hard assed conservative when he was Governor. Don't believe me? Ask the folks at Berkley.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of all the candidates, he is the most Reaganesque.
    He aint even remotely close to a Reagan. If you wanted to compare him on policy he compares much more favorably to Bush 1 by far then Reagan. Romney is a blue blooded, plutocratic eastern establishment Republican. He's most certainly NOT an ideological conservative and he's nothing like Reagan in either style, substance or ideology. That's one of the worse comparisons I've ever heard.

What I do like about Romney is that he represents a fight for the heart and soul of the Republican party. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the Southern Strategy and its extremism and the cancer it has been on the body politic in the USA. If so then Romney will be a significant political Statesman, win or lose.

What Romney represents is a return to Rockefeller Republicanism and it's mainstream values of an engaged foreign policy (and by engaged I mean diplomacy not hammer and anvil demonstrations of force) and responsible, ethical and competent governance and a distancing away from southern perochial extremism. The right wing of the Repubian party is going to loath Romney......and that's a very good thing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Rune (01-22-2012)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He aint even remotely close to a Reagan. If you wanted to compare him on policy he compares much more favorably to Bush 1 by far then Reagan. Romney is a blue blooded, plutocratic eastern establishment Republican. He's most certainly NOT an ideological conservative and he's nothing like Reagan in either style, substance or ideology. That's one of the worse comparisons I've ever heard.

What I do like about Romney is that he represents a fight for the heart and soul of the Republican party. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the Southern Strategy and its extremism and the cancer it has been on the body politic in the USA. If so then Romney will be a significant political Statesman, win or lose.

What Romney represents is a return to Rockefeller Republicanism and it's mainstream values of an engaged foreign policy (and by engaged I mean diplomacy not hammer and anvil demonstrations of force) and responsible, ethical and competent governance and a distancing away from southern perochial extremism. The right wing of the Repubian party is going to loath Romney......and that's a very good thing!
    lol....so basically you favor a blue blooded, plutocratic eastern establishment Republican?......and yet, we all know you favor Obama....perhaps because those two types have so much in common.....personally, I'm a Reagan Democrat.....I don't like blue blooded, plutocratic easterners.....whether they be Republican or Democrat.......

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by General Sherman View Post
    Au contraire, my friend. I felt like making a comparison to Republicans and a certain rodent, I did so, and then I left. You, on the other hand, have managed to say so little in so very many words.
    Actually that was a good analysis by Annie.....one of the rare times I've seen that coming from a board conservative which are usually composed of right wing rants about how Libuhrals are destroying human civilzation as they know it. You are right though, her analsis could have been more concise. She was sounding like me!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Annie (01-22-2012)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    There is a third choice. Gary Johnson is a fiscal conservative who has a proven track record of reducing spending and eliminating deficits. Don't let the left and right befuddle you with talk of gay marriage, and abortion. All of that matters not if the economy goes down the tubes. Gary Johnson will truly reduce the size of the government. Liberals hate that idea and Conservatives won't like it unless we are also putting the fags and baby killers in their place. Take the third way.
    Who?

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

???....I don't see it....what are you referring to......
    Yea.....and will he share whatever the hell he is smoking with us?

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol....so basically you favor a blue blooded, plutocratic eastern establishment Republican?......and yet, we all know you favor Obama....perhaps because those two types have so much in common.....personally, I'm a Reagan Democrat.....I don't like blue blooded, plutocratic easterners.....whether they be Republican or Democrat.......
    I favor him over a southern conservative ideolouge. Though I do agree with you that I have a natural distrust of blue blooded eastern establishment plutocrats of any stripe. They have a common flaw of "What's good for us is what's good for the country". If Romney is electd his first, second, third and 385th priority will be taking care of the interest and perogatives of the upper classes and will justify that on the basis of what is good for them is what is good for you and me (which obviously isn't always the case). Having said that, integrity and competence, relevent experience and integrity are important aspects of governing responsibly and affectivly and Romney has those attributes in spades. He is a far cry from the southern conservative good ole boy corruption and incompetence as represented by the Bush II administration and if elected I think Romney would be the best Republican president since Ike.

Now I know you have an ideological detestation of Obama but the facts are out there. Obama has done a very good job of pulling us out of the Bush shit hole. Obama has a strong track record and the incumbancy as his advantage. Obama vs Romney is going to be a close election of two of the best candidates for POTUS in my life time and I'm very much looking forward to it and yes....I'm leaning towards Obama.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-22-2012)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

lol.....that looks like a panic reaction to the realization that my comment was spot on.....you know the thrill of the ride is off......people voted for the first black president, but who's going to want to brag to their kids that they voted to re-elect the man who made everything worse than Bush left it......
    Bush managed to get out just before the shit really hit the fan otherwise even idiots like you would have seen how bad he really was.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

apple0154 (01-22-2012), Rune (01-22-2012)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 71 Times in 64 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually that was a good analysis by Annie.....one of the rare times I've seen that coming from a board conservative which are usually composed of right wing rants about how Libuhrals are destroying human civilzation as they know it. You are right though, her analsis could have been more concise. She was sounding like me!
    You might not know it here, but I often go on too long. You said it much nicer though.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
    This is known as “bad luck.” - Robert Heinlein

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Post:

icedancer2theend (01-22-2012)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    You might not know it here, but I often go on too long. You said it much nicer though.
    LOL I have no room to criticise you there. LOL