Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: New polls point to Romney landslide in N.Hampshire

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces New Mexico
    Posts
    10,656
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 873 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

    Default New polls point to Romney landslide in N.Hampshire

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8010U520120102

    Romney, the former governor of neighboring Massachusetts who has a vacation estate in New Hampshire, has 43 percent support among likely primary voters in a 7 News/Suffolk University daily tracking poll, and 41 percent in a survey by the polling firm Magellan Strategies.

    He has a double-digit lead over his nearest rival Texas congressman Ron Paul, who polled at 21 percent in the Magellan Strategies survey and 17 percent in the 7 News/Suffolk University survey.

    A large proportion of Romney supporters now say they are unlikely to change their minds, said David Paleologos, director of Suffolk University's Political Research Center.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Socrtease For This Post:

    The Dude (01-04-2012)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,020
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8010U520120102

    Romney, the former governor of neighboring Massachusetts who has a vacation estate in New Hampshire, has 43 percent support among likely primary voters in a 7 News/Suffolk University daily tracking poll, and 41 percent in a survey by the polling firm Magellan Strategies.

    He has a double-digit lead over his nearest rival Texas congressman Ron Paul, who polled at 21 percent in the Magellan Strategies survey and 17 percent in the 7 News/Suffolk University survey.

    A large proportion of Romney supporters now say they are unlikely to change their minds, said David Paleologos, director of Suffolk University's Political Research Center.
    You mean 'which bloody fool is the best bloody fool?' Does either man have a policy? A manifesto? Oh, I guess it doesn't matter as long as he has nice white teeth and a holiday home in the area.
    Q: Lets discuss the economy.
    A: Abortions should not be allowed.
    Q: How about foreign policy?
    A: Everyone should own a gun.
    Q: How about government advisers?
    A: We have an old man on a cloud who tells us what to think. He is a good old man on a cloud, unlike the other old man on a cloud who wears strange headgear.

    Thank you Mr. Glove man, we know America (if not the world) would be safe in your hands ... if you could just gather enough mentally challenged people to vote for you.
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

    Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowaicue For This Post:

    Queen Snowflake (01-04-2012)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    45,754
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 10,236 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    592
    Groaned 783 Times in 741 Posts

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,987
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    I find this difficult to believe, meaning that this is nothing more than lamestream media hyperbole. NH is the birthplace of the 'free state project' and is home to a very large gathering of Ron Paul supporters.
    "time and time again, Americans have said we can deal with the lies that President Obama tells us because we believe in his heart, he has the best interest for the American people." - LZ GRANDERSON, CNN commentator, Dec 1st, 2013

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,343
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Groans
    54
    Groaned 66 Times in 63 Posts

    Default

    Nothing unbelieveable here. In fact, it fits the mold of 2008 quite well. Right now, according to the OP:

    Romney
    Paul
    ???

    In 2008 after Huckabee won the Iowa caucus, in New Hampshire it went something like:

    McCain - 37%
    Romney - 31%
    Huckabee - 11%

    I don't see anything pointing to it being any different.

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,987
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    thats.........sad.
    "time and time again, Americans have said we can deal with the lies that President Obama tells us because we believe in his heart, he has the best interest for the American people." - LZ GRANDERSON, CNN commentator, Dec 1st, 2013

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Low Desert
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    655
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 729 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 152 Times in 139 Posts

    Default

    Romney will get the teabag vote in New England, but not so much in the south where he's considered a cult wizard.
    War Is Peace
    Freedom Is Slavery
    Ignorance Is Strength

    George Orwell

  10. The Following User Groans At Crashk For This Awful Post:

    Rationalist (01-04-2012)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crashk For This Post:

    Queen Snowflake (01-04-2012)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,754
    Thanks
    2,002
    Thanked 8,764 Times in 6,040 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 323 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowaicue View Post
    You mean 'which bloody fool is the best bloody fool?' Does either man have a policy? A manifesto? Oh, I guess it doesn't matter as long as he has nice white teeth and a holiday home in the area.
    Q: Lets discuss the economy.
    A: Abortions should not be allowed.
    Q: How about foreign policy?
    A: Everyone should own a gun.
    Q: How about government advisers?
    A: We have an old man on a cloud who tells us what to think. He is a good old man on a cloud, unlike the other old man on a cloud who wears strange headgear.

    Thank you Mr. Glove man, we know America (if not the world) would be safe in your hands ... if you could just gather enough mentally challenged people to vote for you.
    Romney was Governor of Mass. Paul has been in Congress for close to 30 years. They have participated in multiple political debates in 2007/2008 and now 2011. If you have to ask questions about what they believe on certain issues it's because you haven't been following not because it hasn't been discussed.

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32,987
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashk View Post
    Romney will get the teabag vote in New England, but not so much in the south where he's considered a cult wizard.
    whats a teabag vote?
    "time and time again, Americans have said we can deal with the lies that President Obama tells us because we believe in his heart, he has the best interest for the American people." - LZ GRANDERSON, CNN commentator, Dec 1st, 2013

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    39,977
    Thanks
    2,975
    Thanked 6,925 Times in 5,142 Posts
    Groans
    202
    Groaned 848 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Has anyone heard from Dixie, has he slit his throat?
    4,487

    "When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Rump, August 2016

    You fools got played!

    Liberals... if you want to read something funny... https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...arah-Barracuda

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    45,754
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 10,236 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    592
    Groaned 783 Times in 741 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashk View Post
    Romney will get the teabag vote in New England, but not so much in the south where he's considered a cult wizard.
    Romney knew of this in 2008, and will anticipate losing much of the South. Typically, though, multiple candidates split up the South (such as Thompson and Huckabee last time), making it a smaller blow to Romney. He will do well in the Mountain West, Midwest, and Northeast, though.

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    45,754
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 10,236 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    592
    Groaned 783 Times in 741 Posts

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Combover For This Post:

    Yurt (01-04-2012)

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,974
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,083 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Trajan View Post
    Something teabagees rant about after they have finished wiping their chins, and are settled down for morning coffee.
    lol

  19. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,020
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Romney was Governor of Mass. Paul has been in Congress for close to 30 years. They have participated in multiple political debates in 2007/2008 and now 2011. If you have to ask questions about what they believe on certain issues it's because you haven't been following not because it hasn't been discussed.
    I certainly have not been following. I have far more interesting things to do with my time. If this Glove puppet has been in politics for 30 years I would imagine he could do more than offer meaningless soundbites to the world's cameras. If, indeed, he does have policies and a manifesto he must be the first prospective candidate for your presidency ever to have one.
    Honestly you cannot afford to have a faith-tied man as leader of a major world power for so many reasons.
    Your politics are sliding closer and closer to Disney. If you ditch Obama you deserve everything you get. Seriously.

    Mickey Mouse for president. Snow White and Cinderella for Vice!
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

    Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowaicue For This Post:

    Crashk (01-05-2012)

  21. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    45,754
    Thanks
    12,188
    Thanked 10,236 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    592
    Groaned 783 Times in 741 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowaicue View Post
    I certainly have not been following. I have far more interesting things to do with my time. If this Glove puppet has been in politics for 30 years I would imagine he could do more than offer meaningless soundbites to the world's cameras. If, indeed, he does have policies and a manifesto he must be the first prospective candidate for your presidency ever to have one.
    Honestly you cannot afford to have a faith-tied man as leader of a major world power for so many reasons.
    Your politics are sliding closer and closer to Disney. If you ditch Obama you deserve everything you get. Seriously.

    Mickey Mouse for president. Snow White and Cinderella for Vice!
    No one cares.

Similar Threads

  1. Romney, GOP rivals face off in New Hampshire
    By Yurt in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 11:26 AM
  2. Romney hiding from polls in Iowa, Florida
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
  3. Romney plays pump politics before New Hampshire speeches
    By Yurt in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
  4. Can you say Landslide?
    By Topspin in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 05:52 AM
  5. How to win in a landslide
    By Canceled.LTroll.29 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 04:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •