Thread: My View on "Things"

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    Christianity preaches that subservience and reflexive obedience to authority are virtues. That's part of what's wrong with Christianity.

That's the influence of the man-created church not the lesson of the biblical narrative. This submission to the priesthood concept is an ingrafting into the faith from the surrounding sacerdotal systems of the region. Jesus was against this kind of hierarchy actually. He was not a RABBI. They wanted him killed for his backtalk.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Many of you are confusing morality with subservience, that is a common mistake in a society so constructed upon abuse.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The meek shall inherit the earth, turn the other cheek, love your enemy, the first shall be last and the last shall be first... Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Shall we continue?
    Turn the other cheek: after two cheeks, it's go time,

Love your enemy: You can love your enemy, it doesn't mean you cant kick his ass in self defense. Ever had a brother?

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    That's the influence of the man-created church not the lesson of the biblical narrative. This submission to the priesthood concept is an ingrafting into the faith from the surrounding sacerdotal systems of the region. Jesus was against this kind of hierarchy actually. He was not a RABBI. They wanted him killed for his backtalk.
    That's your personal opinion. Who cares? The only FACTS actually available arise from how people in general interpret/react to the doctrine. The only reasonable question is: how effective is Christianity in general at fostering independent, creative thought? Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for the Jews for Jesus (Christians) in that context.

Ironically, Protestants are even worse than Catholics and Orthodox when it comes to using their brains for anything other than keeping their hair out of their eyes.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's your personal opinion. Who cares? The only FACTS actually available arise from how people in general interpret/react to the doctrine. The only reasonable question is: how effective is Christianity in general at fostering independent, creative thought? Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for the Jews for Jesus (Christians) in that context.

Ironically, Protestants are even worse than Catholics and Orthodox when it comes to using their brains for anything other than keeping their hair out of their eyes.

You wouldn't know an independant thought if it came and sucked your titty. You're a collection of hackneyed, nihilsitic, anti-human, self congratulating, murderous sick fuck, elitist mongering, self important, self justifying, critical thought allergic, globalist worshipping pseudomemes.

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am not talking about the teachings of some weirdo Rabbinical radical a couple of millennia ago. I'm talking about the teachings and beliefs of Christians today. I judge them by what they do, not what they claim to believe.
    I am also talking about the Christianity of today. And subserviance to Jesus/God is the basis for Salvation in virtually all if not all Christian denominations.
    and if AHZ does not believe this he is not a Christian. that is not to say he does not believe in God. Just that he is not a member of the Christian Religion and most all of them will say he is going to hell for not being subserviant.

I believe in none of the above, God, Hell, etc...
    But have been well trained in it.
    Last edited by uscitizen; 08-05-2007 at 06:03 PM.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    I am also talking about the Christianity of today. And subserviance to Jesus/God is the basis for Salvation in virtually all if not all Christian denominations.
    and if AHZ does not believe this he is not a Christian. that is not to say he does not believe in God. Just that he is not a member of the Christian Religion and most all of them will say he is going to hell for not being subserviant.

I believe in none of the above, God, Hell, etc...
    But have been well trained in it.

Victims of abuse oftentimes can only interpret relationships in a submission/domination context. Love is foreign to them. It's sad. "Abuser" and "abused" become the two archetypes in their sad little world.

Jesus is not to be submitted to, neither is god, they are to be loved. Your brutalized psyche has fogotton love.

This is you.

http://www.fhu.com/articles/evil.html
    Many people not only will never awaken to acknowledge and repent of their own corrupt state, but they choose to remain zealously preoccupied with keeping others confused and asleep. Such as these go about the dirty business of degrading, even killing millions struggling for meaning and happiness. After all, the only way such as these can maintain the illusion of a misguided sense of worth is by destroying the consciousness of those around them. Left alone to unfold, the bright, unaltered consciousness in others would take back their world and prick the conscience of the earth bound, into recognition of their deformed selves, and they cannot allow that to happen.
    Last edited by Blackwater Lunchbreak; 08-07-2007 at 05:26 AM.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Apparently, Brent is also too stupid to understand that when Jesus said "This is my blood", and so on, he was speaking SYMBOLICALLY.

The point he was making was that his followers should REMEMBER him when they gathered for a meal, as, at that time, the meal was the time of family unity.

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am not talking about the teachings of some weirdo Rabbinical radical a couple of millennia ago. I'm talking about the teachings and beliefs of Christians today. I judge them by what they do, not what they claim to believe.

I haven't been to church in a LONG time, so I'm really not up on the teachings and beliefs of today. Could you elaborate re: subserviance to authority? I don't recall that, but like I said, it's been awhile.

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You wouldn't know an independant thought if it came and sucked your titty. You're a collection of hackneyed, nihilsitic, anti-human, self congratulating, murderous sick fuck, elitist mongering, self important, self justifying, critical thought allergic, globalist worshipping pseudomemes.

Hmmm...maybe it's not safe to meet Ornot for lunch.

hhahahahahhaha

Oh asshat, you are really too much.

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Hmmm...maybe it's not safe to meet Ornot for lunch.

hhahahahahhaha

Oh asshat, you are really too much.
    Well, you know I secretly want you.

12. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default LMAO........!

Well, you know I secretly want you.

Azzhats fantasy encounter with Darla...In his wet dreams mind ya!

www.freakyhumor.com/pics.shtml?0149.jpg