Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ALERT!!! Raving lunatic ALERT!!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default ALERT!!! Raving lunatic ALERT!!!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...eadership.html

Someone (Larry O'Donnell) has lost his friggin mind. So now if someone agrees to a confidentiality agreement, the media should just try starting boycotts, intimidation of employees etc... in order to help their candidates?

Obviously O'Donnell is a racist.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

O'Donnell is a rageaholic, but I don't see the problem here. When this agreement was made, Cain was the head of a stupid association. No one other than the principals cared. Now he is the front-runner for the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

Sure, I wanna know what happened here.

Also, his wife is a very attractive woman. Pretty disgusting that he couldn't keep it in his pants and even worse IMO, humiliated her by making advances towards women he worked with and who must have known her. But you know, that I expect. The harassment I'd like to know the details. According to contemporaneous accounts I have read, at least one of the women felt her job was on the line by saying no. That's a problem in the President of the United States. Or at least, I think it is. I feel some women may agree with me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-04-2011), Phantasmal (11-04-2011)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...eadership.html

Someone (Larry O'Donnell) has lost his friggin mind. So now if someone agrees to a confidentiality agreement, the media should just try starting boycotts, intimidation of employees etc... in order to help their candidates?

Obviously O'Donnell is a racist.
    What about Cain's speaking out about this, was there not a confidence Claus on his part, and isn't he just financing this woman's right to speak up if she wishes.

It would be hard for me to sit back and take his lies, even if I was anonymous this far. When she/they signed the agreement, she/ they probably didn't realize Cain would be a presidential contender, sullying her reputation and breaking the bargin.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    O'Donnell is a rageaholic, but I don't see the problem here. When this agreement was made, Cain was the head of a stupid association. No one other than the principals cared. Now he is the front-runner for the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

Sure, I wanna know what happened here.

Also, his wife is a very attractive woman. Pretty disgusting that he couldn't keep it in his pants and even worse IMO, humiliated her by making advances towards women he worked with and who must have known her. But you know, that I expect. The harassment I'd like to know the details. According to contemporaneous accounts I have read, at least one of the women felt her job was on the line by saying no. That's a problem in the President of the United States. Or at least, I think it is. I feel some women may agree with me.
    I think it would have been best if Cain had just worked to release the information. If they settled for 5 figures, I doubt we are talking about any physical events.

My point was more the raving lunatic response from O'Donnell. Posting the womens photos and trying to intimidate them into bowing to pressure was beyond the pale, in my opinion.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What about Cain's speaking out about this, was there not a confidence Claus on his part, and isn't he just financing this woman's right to speak up if she wishes.

It would be hard for me to sit back and take his lies, even if I was anonymous this far. When she/they signed the agreement, she/ they probably didn't realize Cain would be a presidential contender, sullying her reputation and breaking the bargin.
    The two women in particular, the one who received the 35k settlement, and the other who received the 45k settlement, are in one hell of a bad position. They never volunteered to become the next Anita Hill. They had no way of knowing this guy would be in this position 20 years later. I don't envy them. I would be so worried my name was going to come out. A high-profile sexual harassment case marks you for life, period. And there is no higher level than the level we are playing at here. I feel for them.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

I think it would have been best if Cain had just worked to release the information. If they settled for 5 figures, I doubt we are talking about any physical events.

My point was more the raving lunatic response from O'Donnell. Posting the womens photos and trying to intimidate them into bowing to pressure was beyond the pale, in my opinion.

It's not like O'Donnell scrounged up a picture of her. It's right on the NRA website where you can even download a high-resolution photo if you wish.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, I don't disagree O'Donnell is a lunatic. I have always said I wouldn't want to be alone with that man. Too many times I have seen him lose it and look like he wanted to beat someone. I don't watch him anymore and I think he's personally scary. So I didn't even watch the tape. I know what he gets like.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The two women in particular, the one who received the 35k settlement, and the other who received the 45k settlement, are in one hell of a bad position. They never volunteered to become the next Anita Hill. They had no way of knowing this guy would be in this position 20 years later. I don't envy them. I would be so worried my name was going to come out. A high-profile sexual harassment case marks you for life, period. And there is no higher level than the level we are playing at here. I feel for them.
    Yet another reason for the confidentiality clause. If the women WANT to come out, I think Cain should work to get their confidentiality clauses revoked so that they may do so. If the women wish to stay anonymous, then they should have that right.

Larry the maniac should NOT be putting pressure on two other women to out these women just because he wants to score political points for his party.
    Quote from Cypress:

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yet another reason for the confidentiality clause. If the women WANT to come out, I think Cain should work to get their confidentiality clauses revoked so that they may do so. If they women wish to stay anonymous, then they should have that right.

Larry the maniac should NOT be putting pressure on two other women to out these women just because he wants to score political points for his party.
    I agree it should be their choice 100%.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-04-2011)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    It's not like O'Donnell scrounged up a picture of her. It's right on the NRA website where you can even download a high-resolution photo if you wish.
    Imagine that.... defending a Dem's pathetic behavior. Who would have ever guessed you would do something like that.

Most people are not going to go out looking for these women. He grabbed their photos, put them for his audience to see and said.... go get them. That is pathetic.
    Quote from Cypress:

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Imagine that.... defending a Dem's pathetic behavior. Who would have ever guessed you would do something like that.

Most people are not going to go out looking for these women. He grabbed their photos, put them for his audience to see and said.... go get them. That is pathetic.

I wasn't defending his behavior. Frankly, I don't care too much about Larry O'Donnell, Bill O'Reiley, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow and the rest. They all live in a the land of perpetual outrage. I haven't actually watched a cable news program in probably six years, aside from election night, conventions, debates and the like

I was just pointing out that these photos are available for the world to see right on the NRA website.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Also, his wife is a very attractive woman.
    THIS IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yet another reason for the confidentiality clause. If the women WANT to come out, I think Cain should work to get their confidentiality clauses revoked so that they may do so. If the women wish to stay anonymous, then they should have that right.

I'm sure that if they gave back the 35k and the 45k, things could be resolved.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I wasn't defending his behavior. Frankly, I don't care too much about Larry O'Donnell, Bill O'Reiley, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow and the rest. They all live in a the land of perpetual outrage. I haven't actually watched a cable news program in probably six years, aside from election night, conventions, debates and the like

I was just pointing out that these photos are available for the world to see right on the NRA website.
    Yes, you were making excuses as to why it wasn't so bad that he showed the photos. It was bad, for the very reason I stated, that you conveniently ignored. Imagine that.
    Quote from Cypress:

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post

But, you are right, his actions are extreme and may endanger others, the degree of crazy these days.