I wasn't gonna go there.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Really? Who put us in it, in the first place? Other black people? Sorry, if I don't buy that wolf ticket. Hundreds of thousands of white people...indeed, but you wouldn't have been in that number, given your postings. We all did it together? What "we"? I don't consider you an ally. There are decent white people, who see blacks as equals and as fellow Americans. And then there is you and your minions.
    Western slavery goes back 10,000 years to Mesopotamia, today’s Iraq, where a male slave was worth an orchard of date palms. Female slaves were called on for sexual services, gaining freedom only when their masters died.

The African nations that supplied the slaves had a long history of slavery themselves.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Uh, I minored in History. And was that claim supposed to exonerate the role whites played in the slave trade and the Middle Passage? It doesn't.

And after the slaves arrived in America...who told the slave masters to fuck the slaves and make slaves of the offspring? Africans, right? Take responsibility for something.
    Who whipped the slaves? Who hung them from trees? Africans?

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Uh, I minored in History. And was that claim supposed to exonerate the role whites played in the slave trade and the Middle Passage? It doesn't.

And after the slaves arrived in America...who told the slave masters to fuck the slaves and make slaves of the offspring? Africans, right? Take responsibility for something.
    Who whipped the slaves? Who hung them from trees? Africans?
    You had previously asked the following question:

"Really? Who put us in it, in the first place? Other black people? Sorry, if I don't buy that wolf ticket."

I responsed to the question and now you want to change the parameters of the question.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

poet: Color doesn't have anything to do with integrity or the lack thereof.
    Sure it does, if you are white and refuse to relinquish power to black men! Right?

And I keep correcting you as to "power sharing" instead of abdication of power.
    You don't need to correct me, you need to learn the definition of "relenquish" and stop misusing it, if you intend to say something else.
    I keep correcting you, that our Constitution, Bill of Rights, CRA, VRA, etc., ensure that ALL Americans can share equally. It's the LAW!

No. That would be your stereotypical view. Not mine. And oh, please. Tim Wise has several videos out on the subject, and there are numerous articles addressing the issue. That it exists, is not in question.
    I did not make the stereotypical view, you did, I am only responding to it. My point was, black people appear to be doing fairly well in a really shitty economy.... I don't know if they are earning their livings honestly and whatnot, but I do know custom paint and 26" wheels ain't cheap. So what's the deal there... White Men own the companies that make 26" rims, and they force black men to buy them against their will? I guess we can also assume White Men own all that gold hanging around their necks, right? The point, again... black people are not disadvantaged as they were in 1954. Black people can obtain any level of status, wealth, or power, in any area they wish to do so. There is no barrier, except the one in your mind. That's what we need to work on here.

The major movie studios are controlled and owned by whom? Financial institutions and media outlets are owned and run by whom? Stop being stupid and maudlin.
    Last I checked, Will Smith owns his own production company, and Oprah Winfrey owns her own NETWORK!

Let's also understand that only 14% of the population is African-American. You're going to naturally find, most areas of business, finance, and whatever, are going to be more predominatly white than black, just due to these statistics. Again, the only thing which could remedy this problem, is if we kill off a lot of white people.

No. Not really. I have quite a few friends here, who happen to be white...
    Why is it always, when you accuse someone of racial intolerance, they immediately play the "friends" card?

You've posted what you have posted, and people can judge you by that.

How dare you assume or predict what I would do, in a given or hypothetical situation. Who the fuck are you?
    I am Dixie, the Living Legend... that's who! I base my assumptions on what you have posted. You don't see a way to resolve the racial divide between blacks and whites, unless white people "relinquish power" to black people, which isn't realistic. You don't believe in the Constitution, DoI, or Civil Rights Act, because you believe 'white privilege' is 'ingrained in society' ....these are YOUR words, not MINE! You have to think MLK was a fool to dream that we could live together in harmony some day, because you can't let go of the past and move forward. In order to rectify the perceptions of prejudice you have, our society would have to enslave white people for a century, then maybe you could see things as equal. Until such a time, you are not really going to be satisfied with anything, but it's fun to play on the stupid white people's guilt and get what you can out of it. Most psychiatrists would have charged you $250 for what I just gave you for free. You're welcome.

There's that guilt factoring in, for past wrongdoings. If you were innocent, you wouldn't fear reprisal.
    Guilt for WHAT, exactly? What "past wrongdoing" are you talking about? Slavery? No one is alive who owned a slave, and they haven't been for a good little while now. Segregation... same deal... anyone who advocated it, is sucking food through a straw and doesn't know what year it is now, if they are still alive! The ONLY thing I have to feel guilty for, is following the advice of Dr. King my whole life, and raising three kids by his wisdom. My defiant flying of the confederate flag, my moniker, etc., is ironically inspired by Dr. King! It is a form of 'civil disobedience' to spread the truth in the light of ignorance. People are often very shocked to learn, none of the hundreds of thousands of Americans who fought and died in the Civil War, were slave owners. Oh, and you don't survive a decade on the Internet message boards as "Dixie" flying a Confederate battle flag, without some reprisal... believe me, I don't fear it, I welcome it. Bring it ON!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie - In Memoriam For This Post:

icedancer2theend (10-05-2011)

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    You had previously asked the following question:

"Really? Who put us in it, in the first place? Other black people? Sorry, if I don't buy that wolf ticket."

I responsed to the question and now you want to change the parameters of the question.
    No problem. You can't answer, in the affirmative or one that would put you in a favorable light. Thank you for playing. Not so much fun when the rabbit has the gun, is it? LOL

8. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No problem. You can't answer, in the affirmative or one that would put you in a favorable light. Thank you for playing. Not so much fun when the rabbit has the gun, is it? LOL
    [Translation]
    Since you refuse to agree to my bigoted grandstanding, it means you have to be wrong and therefore I get to label you as a racist; because there is no way I can be wrong, seeing as how I'm a black gay hypocritical racist poet.
    [/Translation]

9. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    [Translation]
    Since you refuse to agree to my bigoted grandstanding, it means you have to be wrong and therefore I get to label you as a racist; because there is no way I can be wrong, seeing as how I'm a black gay hypocritical racist poet.
    [/Translation]

Translation:
    Do as I say, not as I do. And I don't have to answer your questions, but you have to answer mine....white privilege, you know. You're a barrel of monkeys.
    Girl, wake up.

10. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Translation:
    Do as I say, not as I do. And I don't have to answer your questions, but you have to answer mine....white privilege, you know.
    Girl, wake up.
    Mary, there's no need to be so contrary; just because you have made yourself a laughing stock and a fool.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

icedancer2theend (10-05-2011)

12. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wasn't gonna go there.
    Honkey isn't even close. I think it is funny. I do not feel threatened or put down by the word. It makes me smile, especially because it reminds me of the SNL skit with Richard Pryor!

13. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Honkey isn't even close. I think it is funny. I do not feel threatened or put down by the word. It makes me smile, especially because it reminds me of the SNL skit with Richard Pryor!
    Girl, that is not even the word that I would use to go "there". LOL.