Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wall Street "Occupiers" Demands

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds more like the uber liberal agenda more then the wallstreet demands.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

2. #17 | Top
    Good girls go to heaven, brazen hussies go everywhere
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I saw one of the protesters on TV who said she was protesting because nobody should get a big bonus. Honestly, that was it. She kept repeating it as if it were some holy scripture. When she was asked if it should be "to everybody according to their needs, from everybody according to their ability" she said yes, and when told that she was then Marxist she denied it then she repeated the "nobody should get big bonuses, nobody needs that much"...

I'm not sure most of them have any idea what they are protesting. They just know that they don't like something.
    Well, what they don't like is that ten large banks destroyed the world economy and all over neoliberal agents have used it as an excuse (classic disaster capitalism) to institute austerity measures. What they don't like is that Wall Street is filled with criminals who suffered no prosecutions for their criminal acts. What they don't like is that no one demanded any real change and in fact, the banks are in it up to their necks again and the next time they can't cover their losses and pull a too big to fail, you might be the guy who loses his job and is deemed unemployable because you're over 40.

Too big to fail = too big to exist.

Prosecute criminals.

Don't steal from the hungry to give to the rich.

These are not deep concepts.

But you'll wake up only when it happens to you. Some people, I'm one of them, can grasp something even when I'm not the one suffering. Others cannot. Those are almost always Republicans.

Stem cell research? NO! MURDER!

My husband died of Alzheimer disease? Now it's different. Now I feel it. Now I'm for it.

That's a defective human being, and that my friend, is a Republican.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brazenhussy For This Post:

Rune (10-05-2011)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brazenhussy View Post
    Well, what they don't like is that ten large banks destroyed the world economy and all over neoliberal agents have used it as an excuse (classic disaster capitalism) to institute austerity measures. What they don't like is that Wall Street is filled with criminals who suffered no prosecutions for their criminal acts. What they don't like is that no one demanded any real change and in fact, the banks are in it up to their necks again and the next time they can't cover their losses and pull a too big to fail, you might be the guy who loses his job and is deemed unemployable because you're over 40.

Prosecute criminals.

But you'll wake up only when it happens to you. Some people, I'm one of them, can grasp something even when I'm not the one suffering. Others cannot. Those are almost always Republicans.

My husband died of Alzheimer disease? Now it's different. Now I feel it. Now I'm for it.

Yet none of them appear to be protesting for this, at least not from what they tell us. You just assign what you want them to protest rather than what they are telling you they are there for.

I agree with some of what you have to say (not them, you).

Too big to fail = too big to exist... I can live with that.
    Put criminals in jail. I'm good with this.
    Don't steal and give the money away to "the rich"... This too I'm good with.

Pretending that nobody can understand this concept except you.. That is just egotism. Too bad we can't run a car from the sense of self-worth of people who believe that kind of rubbish, we'd never have to use fossil fuels again, unfortunately the only use for it we've ever seen is for jacking off their own self-esteem. They do this by saying stupid things like, "You just can't see it, but <insert group they belong to> can because we are so much better than you!"
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

/MSG/ (10-05-2011)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

I sMoke pounds of weed I my day, I could never come up with shit so outrageous. Maybe they are doing shrooms or x.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

:lol:

From the losers web site - http://occupywallst.org/forum/stop-listing-demands/

STOP LISTING DEMANDS

The opponents of this movement are using the demands posted in this forum as the official lists. And some of these lists regardless of how right or wrong are extreme points of view and will only hurt our cause by making us look like extremist nut jobs. You don't speak for everyone in this. Stop creating public demand lists, delete demands threads. Let the organizers and the law team working for them do this.

Now I wonder why they don't think they are being taken seriously???

A demonstrator dressed as a “corporate zombie” takes part in an Occupy Wall Street protest.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post

STOP LISTING DEMANDS

The opponents of this movement are using the demands posted in this forum as the official lists. And some of these lists regardless of how right or wrong are extreme points of view and will only hurt our cause by making us look like extremist nut jobs. You don't speak for everyone in this. Stop creating public demand lists, delete demands threads. Let the organizers and the law team working for them do this.

A demonstrator dressed as a “corporate zombie” takes part in an Occupy Wall Street protest.

Oh gee you mean even they can hear how extreme they sound

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post

STOP LISTING DEMANDS

they are being taken seriously, that is why the movement is growing. Good try, no cigar!

This from a man who thinks people with teabags hanging from their hats are brilliant! This took a little more imagination!

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brazenhussy View Post

Prosecute criminals.

Why don't you take your booze ridden fat ass down there and join the protest?
    Expecially since you live "so close".
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    they are being taken seriously, that is why the movement is growing. Good try, no cigar!

This from a man who thinks people with teabags hanging from their hats are brilliant! This took a little more imagination!
    All they've got to do, is say that a concert is going to happen and just see how big the group grows.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Why don't you take your booze ridden fat ass down there and join the protest?
    Expecially since you live "so close".
    Fat ass; sagging face; mattress on her back-coin changer on her hip; she might actually work up a good trade- so long as she applies enough of that colorscience make-up she cakes on and the sun's gone down of course.