Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New gaffe: Obama hails America's historic building of 'the Intercontinental Railroad'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default New gaffe: Obama hails America's historic building of 'the Intercontinental Railroad'

"We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad," Barack Obama.
    That's what the president of the United States flat-out said Thursday during what was supposed to be a photo op to sell his jobs plan next to an allegedly deteriorating highway bridge.
    A railroad between continents? A railroad from, say, New York City all the way across the Atlantic to France? Now, THAT would be a bridge!
    It's yet another humorous gaffe by the Harvard graduate, overlooked by most media for whatever reason. Like Obama saying Abraham-Come-Lately Lincoln was the founder of the Republican Party. Or Navy corpseman. Or the Austrian language. Fifty-seven states. The president of Canada. Etc.

If you talk as much as this guy likes to talk instead of governing, if you believe you are a Real Good Talker as much as this guy does, you're gonna blow a few lines. But this many?
    No doubt, we'll see a collection of Obama's Best Bombs on 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend, one right after the other. No doubt. Can you imagine the media coverage of such repeated historical ignorance if it had been the last Ivy League alum president who said it?
    The Democrat had traveled to Ohio on Thursday to tout his American Jobs Act, the....

...$447-billion boondoggle he proposed to a joint session of Congress this month because his previous $787-billion boondoggle didn't create anywhere near as many jobs as Joe Biden had promised. This president is in a jam. The economy sucks. Unemployment sucks. His job approval sucks and his economic approval sucks worse. Independents have abandoned the flailing White House occupant, so are some Jews, liberals and even blacks. His Hollywood bundlers had trouble selling out the POTUS fundraisers in L.A. next week.

Obama's own Democratic Party controls the Senate and won't put their leader's jobs bill on the schedule because more wild spending like this doomed bill could also doom some Dem senators next year.

So here's how the ex-state senator from the Chicago machine reacts: At an operating cost of $181,000 per hour, he flies Air Force One nearly four hours roundtrip for 17 minutes of remarks touting infrastructure repairs by a bridge that doesn't need them.
    The real reason he's at the Brent Spence Bridge is because it links the home states of both congressional Republican leaders, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell. So Obama can cutely blame Republicans for holding up his jobs bill, even though it's Nevada Democrat Harry Reid.
    Obama turns the empty rhetoric into a pep rally for himself, leading the obedient audience to chant, "Pass this bill! Pass this bill!"
    This guy, who will ride around in Secret Service SUVs for the rest of his life, has this thing for railroads that other people should ride in. So, according to the White House transcript (scroll down for full version and related stories), here's what passes for Obama leadership:
    Now, we used to have the best infrastructure in the world here in America. We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad, the Interstate Highway System. We built the Hoover Dam. We built the Grand Central Station.

So how can we now sit back and let China build the best railroads? And let Europe build the best highways? And have Singapore build a nicer airport?
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...idge-ohio.html

Yep, the smartest president ever according to libtards.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

LOL

This is as good as bravs' Ft. Hayes thread.

You guys need some help....

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    LOL

This is as good as bravs' Ft. Hayes thread.

You guys need some help....
    Interesting.

It's funny dude, just as funny as when some rightie does it. Nothing wrong with mixing humor and politics, unless you are too hacktacular to find humor in "your" party's leaders.

I remember all the way back to two weeks ago when supposedly the "only" gaffe they had was 57 states...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Now cut that out. Obama is really really smart. He really really is.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can't you just impeach him now and get in that nice Joe Bidens?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    Can't you just impeach him now and get in that nice Joe Bidens?
    what? sarah palin is the VP.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Interesting.

It's funny dude, just as funny as when some rightie does it. Nothing wrong with mixing humor and politics, unless you are too hacktacular to find humor in "your" party's leaders.

I remember all the way back to two weeks ago when supposedly the "only" gaffe they had was 57 states...
    onceler never laughs at his party leaders gaffes, only when a rightie gaffes is it funny to him.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Interesting.

Yeah - I guess you have another one now. Congrats.

I didn't start threads about gaffes during the Bush years. I started threads about wars.

Haha.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

I put them in my sig. so onecell pinheads don't forget Sarah Palin is smarter than Obama ....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    I put them in my sig. so onecell pinheads don't forget Sarah Palin is smarter than Obama ....
    Can you tell us about Ft. Hayes again?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah - I guess you have another one now. Congrats.

I didn't start threads about gaffes during the Bush years. I started threads about wars.

Haha.
    but you laughed at bush's gaffes and you never criticized anyone who made a thread about bush's gaffes.

oooops

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    but you laughed at bush's gaffes and you never criticized anyone who made a thread about bush's gaffes.

oooops
    When?

Can you think of a specific Bush gaffe that I laughed at?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

When?

I can think of a two I laughed at. "Is our children learning?" was classic. And the "Fool me once ... won't get fooled again" bit was a fucking riot. Here's video:

It reminds me of this at 1:30:

Saying "intercontinental" instead of "transcontinental" just isn't that funny.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Can you tell us about Ft. Hayes again?
    Sure....There was no place called Ft. Hayes during the Civil War....There was a Columbus Barracks an Armory built in 1861...which became Ft. Hayes in 1922....
    Clear enough even for pinheads like onecell....
    Last edited by NOVA; 09-24-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.