Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still some issues with the server upgrade...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Still some issues with the server upgrade...

We are working on the issues and will continue to update you. The new VPN migrated but without the database so at this time there may be data loss as two sites are semi-running at the same time.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have just got back in, looks good so far.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

True, however what we post here today may not migrate to the new server as they may use a backup file to restore the database that is missing on the new server. This one is running on the old server, sorta.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hate gettiing the messages that I am forbidden access.....always makes me wonder if I've been banned again......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    True, however what we post here today may not migrate to the new server as they may use a backup file to restore the database that is missing on the new server. This one is running on the old server, sorta.
    Bloody hell! More 'down time' than my VN mistress!!
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yah, it's getting me pissed...

I'll hold on to this until my account runs out then likely transfer to a VPN "cloud" server so there won't be the downtime. It depends on how much it costs.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 71 Times in 64 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I hate gettiing the messages that I am forbidden access.....always makes me wonder if I've been banned again......
    I've never been banned, but thought I was this morning! Got the same 'forbidden access' message.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
    This is known as “bad luck.” - Robert Heinlein

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Post:

cawacko (09-01-2011)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I don't think banning would look like that.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have only been able to login by using one of the links on Twitter.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Use the full url with /forum.php at the end. http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forum.php

this will get you in all the time. Set it as your shortcut.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The server guys changed my index.php so that it just shows that "upgrading server" message due to our excessive use of the CPU. I have a VPN working, but I need the name servers to register with my registrar so I can set the DNS and turn up the new server. Hopefully I can transfer this database at that time, and everything will be back to normal.

I'm sorry about the frustration, but once I get this done they'll stop mucking with the site like this because I won't be sharing resources. Hopefully the VPN I selected is strong enough to get it done.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just got on and , and it was by clicking an old link in the history.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There, I've stripped the site of database heavy script and have it reset now. It should be okay until the new server is usable...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

WTF everyone was chilling on here yesterday and I wasn't allowed to post?!?! This is b.s. -_-

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

I notice the thanks and groans are gone. I am not pleased O_O

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.