Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: By Friday?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default By Friday?

I'll be as relieved as anybody to see Bush's personal consigliere get his ass canned. But it's not enough. He didn't do this on his own. Consigliere's don't make policy.

I don't believe this is the case that takes Rove down. I think that slippery worm will get out of it. But it should take him down. The consigliere took his orders from Rove. And bush who needs Rove so badly, will trade anyone else in for Rove's ass. Everyone but Rove is expendable. Libby and soon Gonzalez will have gone down to protect the top criminal.

But, everyone falls eventually. Look to Watergate to see how it happened. Rove's day will come. And no one will ever have had it coming more.

Support for Gonzales appears to collapse

By Ron Hutcheson and Greg Gordon
    McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON - The White House began floating the names of possible replacements for Attorney General Alberto Gonzales Monday as the Justice Department released more internal documents related to the firings of eight U.S. attorneys last year.

One prominent Republican, who earlier had predicted that Gonzales would survive the controversy, said he expected both Gonzales and Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty to resign soon. Another well-connected Republican said that White House officials have launched an aggressive search for Gonzales' replacement, though Bush hadn't decided whether to ask for his resignation.

Support for Gonzales appeared to be collapsing under the weight of questions about his truthfulness and his management ability. White House spokesman Tony Snow offered a tepid defense when asked if Gonzales would stay on the job until the end of President Bush's term.

"We hope so," Snow said. "None of us knows what's going to happen to us over the next 21 months."

The moves toward Gonzales' ouster were first reported by politico.com, the online version of The Politico newspaper.

"The sands have been shifting pretty dramatically," one of the Republicans said. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid offending White House officials.

Possible replacements for Gonzales include Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, Security and Exchange Commission chairman Chris Cox, White House anti-terrorism adviser Fran Townsend, former Deputy Attorney General Larry Thompson and former solicitor general Theodore B. Olson.

Gonzales' hold on his job has been in doubt since he was forced to acknowledge last week that he and his advisers have given Congress incorrect information about the dismissals of eight U.S. attorneys.

Internal administration documents collected by congressional investigators contradicted Justice Department assurances that the White House played no role in the firings. The documents also indicated that Gonzales might have known more about the plan for dismissals than he'd acknowledged.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwash...printstory.jsp

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

If I were Bush I'd have fired Rove long, long ago.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why ? Rover got him into politics in the first place, Bush is Rove in part at least.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

I belive deals are being worked on behind the sceens, the white House does not want Rove to have to testify to congress. It would lead to all kinds of trouble for them. They have offered Gonzalez to stop the spector of hearings that would require Rove's testamony, but I think the Democrats are balking. They want something more than Gonzalez's head. WIther they want Rove, or they are negotiating with some legislation.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Why ? Rover got him into politics in the first place, Bush is Rove in part at least.
    As the Executive I would make it clear who has the power. If it would take firing Rove, then Rove would be gone.

IMO, being too "loyal" to those who help you is a negative in an Executive. Nobody is indispensible.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    As the Executive I would make it clear who has the power. If it would take firing Rove, then Rove would be gone.

IMO, being too "loyal" to those who help you is a negative in an Executive. Nobody is indispensible.
    It is in Bush's case, without Rovers tricks he would have never been a "successful" politician.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is in Bush's case, without Rovers tricks he would have never been a "successful" politician.
    Yeah, I think Damo is confusing someone who is their own "man" so to speak, (but i have to add, or their own woman), with someone like bush who has never done anything without daddy's help, and later, rove's help.

This guy is what we call an "empty suit".

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter. Get elected then drop him. Hire him back when you need him. You are the boss, not Rove.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Yeah, I think Damo is confusing someone who is their own "man" so to speak, (but i have to add, or their own woman), with someone like bush who has never done anything without daddy's help, and later, rove's help.

This guy is what we call an "empty suit".
    It was an "If I were the Executive" case, not a "Bush should" case.

Were I the executive, Rove might be an election employee, but he wouldn't be in the Admin. It wouldn't happen.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was an "If I were the Executive" case, not a "Bush should" case.

Were I the executive, Rove might be an election employee, but he wouldn't be in the Admin. It wouldn't happen.
    I understand that Damo. But, Bush isn't going to let Rove go. He's not like you.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Doesn't matter. Get elected then drop him. Hire him back when you need him. You are the boss, not Rove.
    Are you sure, there is a possible matter of implied blackmail.....

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you sure, there is a possible matter of implied blackmail.....
    I wouldn't care. Rove wouldn't want to waste all the effort he used to get you there. If he attempted the "blackmail" he would burn every bridge leading to any power at all for time immemorial. Nobody would ever touch him, even with a 50 foot pole.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I understand that Damo. But, Bush isn't going to let Rove go. He's not like you.
    Thank the lord for that. Don't need another SR!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank the lord for that. Don't need another SR!
    LOL. I never had much experience with SR, so I can't comment on him. I came here instead of staying there for two reasons. The first was the PM thing, I didn't like that. Don't want nobody reading my PM's for any excuse whatsoever. However much Damo gets on my nerves from time to time, I trust that he would never do that. The other reason was something no one here would be interested in.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cant you see that behind the sceens there is all kinds of negotiation going on. THe Democrats have something with this AG fireing and they want someone's head for it. If they dont get it they will go all out with hearings and see what they can force.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!