1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 9 Posts

Default $12 Billion For Them - 1.5 Million Homeless For Us

$12 Billion For Them - 1.5 Million Homeless For Us

Lilith
    - 7 days ago - rense.com

Does anyone possess a clue as to why our U.S. government spends $12 billion every 30 days in Afghanistan and Iraq while 1.5 million of our citizens remain homeless and 13.4 million American children live in poverty?

http://www.care2.com/news/member/503332866/2840575
    How could they spend money in this way?

2. #2 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    How could they spend money in this way?

Ask the Republicans who backed Bush.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by (\(\(\/)/)/) View Post
    Ask the Republicans who backed Bush.
    :lol:

Bush has been gone for 3 years, your party had control of both the house & senate and could have pulled everyone out like Obama had promised during his campaign, yet we are still their and you want to blame Bush???

4. #4 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post
    Bush has been gone for 3 years, your party had control of both the house & senate and could have pulled everyone out like Obama had promised during his campaign, yet we are still their and you want to blame Bush???

Yes, because he sent them there.

Now, tell me what you'd say if Obama pulled the troops out.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They don't work for the people. They work for the interest of a war group.

House passes $649B defense spending bill
    Updated 7/8/2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House on Friday overwhelmingly passed a $649 billion defense spending bill that boosts the Pentagon budget by $17 billion and covers the costs of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The strong bipartisan vote was 336-87 and reflected lawmakers' intent to ensure national security, preserve defense jobs across the nation and avoid deep cuts while the country is at war.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...ing-bill_n.htm

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Kat do me a favor and list some of the companies getting the pentagon money. Your little cut n paste is too 8th Grady

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post
    :lol:

1. The huge unemployed still stay high after three years. It's 9.1% now. Many of them losing confidence after years unemployment.

2. Tax cut law proposed by Bush.

3. Two Mid-East war with high military expense.

Those are the legacy of the Bush. Still remain untouched. Do you say it's not Bush's fault because three years had been gone? The damage he made is too big to repair in just three years.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

The damage he made is too big to repair in just three years.
    crap, that's bad news.....because once we get done we have to start on the damage that Obama has done.......and that's going to take just as long.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by \(\(V\/V)/)/ View Post
    Yes, because he sent them there.

Now, tell me what you'd say if Obama pulled the troops out.
    ABOUT DAMNED TIME!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 729 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 152 Times in 139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    crap, that's bad news.....because once we get done we have to start on the damage that Obama has done.......and that's going to take just as long.....
    Please list what damage Obama has done and provide some links to support your ideas. Show us what wars he's started, show us how 30 yrs of trickle-down has worked and how Obama is responsible for that. Show us how it was good for this country to fight wars on a credit card, explain to us how outsourcing that Perrot warned us about did not create a giant sucking sound as our jobs went overseas. Explain to us how Cheney was correct when he said 'Reagan proved deficits don't matter." Explain to us this how this country has benefited from the corporate takeover of our govt.
    War Is Peace
    Freedom Is Slavery
    Ignorance Is Strength

George Orwell

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crashk View Post
    Please list what damage Obama has done
    how about the $5 trillion added to the deficit in the last two and a half years.........how about a health plan that has employers reluctant to hire people......how about a failure to deal with runaway spending resulting in the downgrade of our credit rating.....certainly you don't need links to convince you those happened.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Liberty (08-17-2011)

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

how about the $5 trillion added to the deficit in the last two and a half years........
    The bail out to save big banks, Funni-Mae..... Otherwise more business would go bankrupcy, more people would lose houses. The money was used to repair the hole done by Bush. You blame Obama for Bush's mess.

.........how about a health plan that has employers reluctant to hire people......
    Health care system ran out of control. That's a try to restrict it. You have a better way to do it?

how about a failure to deal with runaway spending resulting in the downgrade of our credit rating............
    A board held by a protester said, "Military and war 50%, Prison 10% Education 7%". It's about the budget distribution. The media won't discuss it. Law makers dare not touch it, that's the problem. They only chop the weakest group - to cut at the field whete there is few left for cut. And you say it is runaway spending. Only you dare not to point out where is it.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You blame Obama for Bush's mess.
    no, I blame Obama for messing up the attempt to fix Bush's mess......

Health care system ran out of control. That's a try to restrict it. You have a better way to do it?
    doesn't everyone?....

Only you dare not to point out where is it.
    ????....it's everywhere....begin by cutting back to the 2008 budget, indexed for inflation......then begin a system by system rewrite to cut an additional 10%......then freeze it for two more years.....

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Normally, you pay monthly mortgage for a house. That's what president's do for their job.

Bush damaged the house with a leaking roof and big hole on wall.

Obama not only has to pay monthly mortgage, but also must change the roof and repair the wall. How could he balance the budget? And Republicans attacked him for the mess their own president had made.

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Normally, you pay monthly mortgage for a house. That's what president's do for their job.

Bush damaged the house with a leaking roof and big hole on wall.

Obama not only has to pay monthly mortgage, but also must change the roof and repair the wall. How could he balance the budget? And Republicans attacked him for the mess their own president had made.
    Faced with a bad roof and a hole in the wall, Obama chose to refurbish the garden and add some beehives. The roof has no contractor, the hole is still there, and the contractors still have no request to fix the roof or the hole. Now the plumbing has gone bad, and the foundation has started to rot and Obama's plan is to add some solar power cells made in China. It isn't the hole they blame him for, it is the fact that he has done nothing to fix it even after the nation gave him trillions with which to do it. Now we have a law that gives the IRS power over our health care decisions, a rotten foundation, bad plumbing, and his new "green economy" is already failing...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle