Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyst: Tapping Oil Reserves Helped China More

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Default Analyst: Tapping Oil Reserves Helped China More

More incompetence from the our Commander in Boob~

Not only are gas prices starting to creep up 12 days after President Obama tapped the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve to relieve price pressure, but China and other foreign markets likely benefited more than American drivers, according to an analyst's blunt new report. [Strategic Oil Reserve Release Could Give Brief Economic Stimulus]

more

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

pure politics and repubs would be retarded if they don't beat him over the head area repeadely with this stick.

I remember when his numbers were hitting similar low's a year or so ago he started promising more domestic production. When he's in trouble he channel's Reagan, then he pusses out.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    More incompetence from the our Commander in Boob~

Not only are gas prices starting to creep up 12 days after President Obama tapped the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve to relieve price pressure, but China and other foreign markets likely benefited more than American drivers, according to an analyst's blunt new report. [Strategic Oil Reserve Release Could Give Brief Economic Stimulus]

more

Obama releasing oil from the strategic reserves was stupid, but criticizing the move because it "benefits China" is exponentially stupider.

It's akin to a left-winger opposing an increase in domestic oil production on the grounds that any increase in global oil supply attendant to a increase in US production would benefit China. Stupid.

4. The Following User Groans At Bonestorm For This Awful Post:

Canceled.LTroll.1 (07-06-2011)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by David St. Hubbins View Post
    Obama releasing oil from the strategic reserves was stupid, but criticizing the move because it "benefits China" is exponentially stupider.

It's akin to a left-winger opposing an increase in domestic oil production on the grounds that any increase in global oil supply attendant to a increase in US production would benefit China. Stupid.
    With China owning most of our foreign debt it is not a stupid reaction to "look" at who actually benefited. Since oil is traded in US currency it is exponentially stupid to not see how that helped China and did nothing to help us. It is important, because it highlights the incompetency of this presidents knowledge, of how trade works. The president is an idiot in chief.

6. #5 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Did you whine when the Bushes (father and son) also tapped the SPR?

I'm guessing.....not.

7. The Following User Groans At For This Awful Post:

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

With China owning most of our foreign debt it is not a stupid reaction to "look" at who actually benefited. Since oil is traded in US currency it is exponentially stupid to not see how that helped China and did nothing to help us. It is important, because it highlights the incompetency of this presidents knowledge, of how trade works. The president is an idiot in chief.
    You are yet to demonstrate expertise in the field of business and international trade yourself.
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

9. The Following User Groans At Lowaicue For This Awful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowaicue For This Post:

The Dude (07-07-2011)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lowaicue View Post
    You are yet to demonstrate expertise in the field of business and international trade yourself.
    I don't have to be an expert to understand basics Low. You have yet to demonstrate an understanding of much of anything except how to be a caustic asshole..but I digress, in that, you are an expert

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

in my opinion they really fucked up the release........they announced it ahead of time and only sold 2 million barrels a day........they should have sold a half billion barrels at $100 a barrel the first day and bought them back at $80 the second.......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Canceled.LTroll.1 (07-07-2011)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't have to be an expert to understand basics Low. You have yet to demonstrate an understanding of much of anything except how to be a caustic asshole..but I digress, in that, you are an expert
    It has taken a lifetime of study and practice. I'm glad you are able to recognise the results.
    But it would be a boring world without us caustic arseholes. A bit like America, I guess, where no one is allowed to be a loser and a hug has become a common greeting.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

15. The Following User Groans At Lowaicue For This Awful Post:

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It has taken a lifetime of study and practice. I'm glad you are able to recognise the results.
    But it would be a boring world without us caustic arseholes. A bit like America, I guess, where no one is allowed to be a loser and a hug has become a common greeting.
    I only hug those I know well- except for the goofy bliss ninnies, rarely do strangers hug one another in greeting in America. It has been American liberals who have made our society a PC zoo of intellectual insipidness where everyone's a winner and there are no losers.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I only hug those I know well- except for the goofy bliss ninnies, rarely do strangers hug one another in greeting in America. It has been American liberals who have made our society a PC zoo of intellectual insipidness where everyone's a winner and there are no losers.
    Seems cultural to me (strange word to use when talking of the US) not political.
    I'm glad you are not a hugger. It means that should we ever meet we could simply nod in the general direction of the other and continue with our beer. I like that.

18. The Following User Groans At Lowaicue For This Awful Post:

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems cultural to me (strange word to use when talking of the US) not political.
    I'm glad you are not a hugger. It means that should we ever meet we could simply nod in the general direction of the other and continue with our beer. I like that.
    LOL...whatever Low~

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

As Dung stated, it was stupid to release the oil. But bottom line, it didn't help ANYONE. The author of your piece is saying that because China is the #1 consumer (by about 0.1%) THAT is the reason it helped China more. It is a stupid argument.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Word on the Street is Obama was trying to burn speculators which he might have.

Kinda retarded to artificially restrict supply of a key product then try to intervine in free markets.