Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Truely clueless.....its frightening...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Default Truely clueless.....its frightening...

DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz Has No Clue....exactly like the rest of the Democrats.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

Gay navy hacks are not her target
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bravo, you are truly clueless, but it is not frightening. We know you are harmless.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Topspin (05-30-2011)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Her job is to get money, they do that through fear. The idea that Bush wanted to export every illegal alien is retarded. That anybody is suggesting we "arrest them all" and send them all home, make it a "crime", etc. is flat inane. Can she show even one piece of legislation produced by any serious contender (not like Kucinich or some other insane legislator) that suggests that? Of course she can't. But scaring people into sending money is the job of the DNC Chair, if she gets people to donate their cash she's done her job. She doesn't set policy, she can't pick candidates, her only real job is to get people to send money, to do that she will do and say almost anything.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Her job is to get money, they do that through fear. The idea that Bush wanted to export every illegal alien is retarded. That anybody is suggesting we "arrest them all" and send them all home, make it a "crime", etc. is flat inane. Can she show even one piece of legislation produced by any serious contender (not like Kucinich or some other insane legislator) that suggests that? Of course she can't. But scaring people into sending money is the job of the DNC Chair, if she gets people to donate their cash she's done her job. She doesn't set policy, she can't pick candidates, her only real job is to get people to send money, to do that she will do and say almost anything.

Of course, in 2006, the last time the Republicans controlled the House, they passed a bill that made illegal presence in the United States a felony. There wasn't anything inaccurate about what she said.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonestorm For This Post:

Bfgrn (05-31-2011)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David St. Hubbins View Post
    Of course, in 2006, the last time the Republicans controlled the House, they passed a bill that made illegal presence in the United States a felony. There wasn't anything inaccurate about what she said.
    Other than the "drive" to "arrest them all and send them back" it could almost be considered accurate. It is hyperbole based on something that didn't, and they knew wouldn't, ever become law. It is again, hyperbole aimed at scaring people into sending money. Tell me, where is the Eisenhower style "round them up and send them all home" portion of the legislation? And again, can you point to one serious legislator that suggests passing anything that "rounds them all up and sends them back"? If you can't, what she is doing is exactly what I stated she is doing. She mixes a portion of truth into an exaggeration so people can suggest it is all "accurate", but it really isn't, it is cynical fear mongering nonsense.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Other than the "drive" to "arrest them all and send them back" it could almost be considered accurate. It is hyperbole based on something that didn't, and they knew wouldn't, ever become law. It is again, hyperbole aimed at scaring people into sending money. Tell me, where is the Eisenhower style "round them up and send them all home" portion of the legislation? And again, can you point to one serious legislator that suggests passing anything that "rounds them all up and sends them back"? If you can't, what she is doing is exactly what I stated she is doing.

I already did that. Go check out the legislation the House Republicans passed in 2006. And you can ask your buddy Tom Tancredo about it if you want. I think he was in the House at that time.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

I already did that. Go check out the legislation the House Republicans passed in 2006. And you can ask your buddy Tom Tancredo about it if you want. I think he was in the House at that time.
    How about you just link us to the bill.... since you are so familiar with it.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    How about you just link us to the bill.... since you are so familiar with it.

Here.... is.... a.... link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_...ol_Act_of_2005

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You mean 2005, the one that made employers check for verification before hiring and attempted to increase the penalty for illegal entry. I know the legislation, there is zero in it about running them all down and sending them all home, that is utter hyperbolic nonsense. When it was passed we held conversations about the fact that it would never become law, and how Bush was utterly against the legislation. The reality is, there was nothing in it about running all these people down and sending them home, it's an utter falsehood.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

the bill does not support your claim or her claim

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean 2005, the one that made employers check for verification before hiring and attempted to increase the penalty for illegal entry. I know the legislation, there is zero in it about running them all down and sending them all home, that is utter hyperbolic nonsense. When it was passed we held conversations about the fact that it would never become law, and how Bush was utterly against the legislation. The reality is, there was nothing in it about running all these people down and sending them home, it's an utter falsehood.
    Yeah, it was 2005. I was off by 16 days or so. Sue me. But your description isn't accurate. You seemingly forgot the part that turned every unlawful alien into a felon overnight and you seem not to understand the impact of that. You may not like what Ms. Wasserman Schultz has to say about the bill, but her statement is accurate, whether you agree with it or not.

And I don't give a shit whether the bill had a chance of becoming law.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it was 2005. I was off by 16 days or so. Sue me. But your description isn't accurate. You seemingly forgot the part that turned every unlawful alien into a felon overnight and you seem not to understand the impact of that. You may not like what Ms. Wasserman Schultz has to say about the bill, but her statement is accurate, whether you agree with it or not.

And I don't give a shit whether the bill had a chance of becoming law.
    I didn't, I mentioned that they sought to increase the penalty for illegal entry. But I accurately mentioned that there was zero provision in there for the "hunting them down and sending them home" portion. It's flat incorrect, inaccurate and hyperbolic fear mongering to suggest it is there. The legislation absolutely does not do what she said is "their goal"...

It isn't, it didn't, and if you are using that legislation to support her hyperbolic fear mongering it is solely because you are in agreement that the "unwashed masses" need to be scared into supporting your party.

And again, can you bring up even one serious legislator supporting any legislation to "round them up"? Please point them out. I'd like to see that.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't, I mentioned that they sought to increase the penalty for illegal entry. But I accurately mentioned that there was zero provision in there for the "hunting them down and sending them home" portion. It's flat incorrect, inaccurate and hyperbolic fear mongering to suggest it is there. The legislation absolutely does not do what she said is "their goal"...
    It isn't, it didn't, and if you are using that legislation to support her hyperbolic fear mongering it is solely because you are in agreement that the "unwashed masses" need to be scared into supporting your party.[/quote]

You keep misquoting her. She accurately described the legislation and its potential impact concerning making unlawful presence (not entry, as you have said) a felony.

And again, can you bring up even one serious legislator supporting any legislation to "round them up"? Please point them out. I'd like to see that.
    You mean other than every legislator that voted for this bill?

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You keep misquoting her. She accurately described the legislation and its potential impact concerning making unlawful presence (not entry, as you have said) a felony.

You mean other than every legislator that voted for this bill?
    So you are supporting the hyperbole. And no, I am not "inaccurately quoting her". She flat states that it is "their solution" to "pack them all up and send them all home". It's total garbage, fear mongering BS a cynical attempt to scare people into sending money.

There are zero legislators currently suggesting we should round up anybody in some pogrom. It's flat utter BS. None of the legislators that voted for that bill suggested we start a "pack them up" program. Nothing in the legislation called for it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle