Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to the newest release of vBulletin tonight.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Upgrading to the newest release of vBulletin tonight.

Hopefully it will fix some more of the bugs we've been having tonight.

Also on the list. I plan on making a Tab for Today's Posts and maybe just trading it out for What's New? The What's New? tab seems rather redundant with the first choice below it being "New Posts" which is the exact same search...

I'll read through the bugs thread and try to fix anything I see in there.

Already known bugs:
    1. the Groans not always appearing unless you are logged out.
    2. the Today's Post link position.

I'll list more as I see them.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Groans work, at least to me.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I see it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well then I guess I can remove it.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL. Well, then I'll give you one to view. I see it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    LOL. Well, then I'll give you one to view. I see it.
    It does not say who groaned him...and it's been that way for a while.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hence it is on my list of "known bugs"... Thanks for the verification though. That has been one persistent problem that I can't figure out.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What does it say now? I think I've fixed it for reals this time...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

I see the groan as both Buddha and Damocles...

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Perhaps it is a good problem i.e. no more wiggin' over who groans who. The thanks all show the who's who and that's nice

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, you're saying you can see the groan now then?
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can see that a post has been groaned-it just does not identify who groaned the post. Of course the poster who gets groaned can see who did it when they look at their notification.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually I signed on to three test accounts as well as Damocles and I can see every groan on every one of them. Even groans from the beginning. You may need to clear your cache, but if I were you I'd just let it time out, this isn't important enough to clear cache over. It appears to me as if Groans are fixed now and work as well as Thanks. Each of my tester accounts works well...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Actually I signed on to three test accounts as well as Damocles and I can see every groan on every one of them. Even groans from the beginning. You may need to clear your cache, but if I were you I'd just let it time out, this isn't important enough to clear cache over. It appears to me as if Groans are fixed now and work as well as Thanks. Each of my tester accounts works well...
    So you mean you can who groaned who?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Never mind I can see them now too~