Thread: Report upgrade bugs here.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Report upgrade bugs here.

If you see something that is a bug, report it here and I will see if I can fix it.

We're almost done with the upgrade, there's still mods and other stuff I am installing in the background, but we'll get there with a bit of help from the members.

It appears as if the groan/thanks mod is working like it is supposed to now. I've installed some table code (I may have to change it later, it seems to conflict with a different portion of the site yet to be published, one that is more designed for new folks than it is for forum members. You may want to change your bookmark to include forum.php at the end, like this: http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forum.php.

Thanks for being patient with me while I work on fixing the remaining bugs. I installed this because new updates for the software I was using is now stopped, and I wanted to keep the site as secure as possible ensuring new updates were installed when they became available.

Bugs fixed:
    1. Groans not showing up all the time. FIXED!
    2. Today's Posts Link poorly positioned, redundant "New Posts" link in navbar links. FIXED!
    3. Facebook Connect Button right on top of the Login area. FIXED!
    Last edited by Damocles; 04-10-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Adding Bugs Fixed Info
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Thanks for all your hours of hard work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guns Guns Guns For This Post:

Damocles (03-27-2011)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I moved the facebook connect button to a less in my way place. It was annoying me.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Minister of Truth (03-27-2011)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now to see if I can get the "publish to facebook" checkbox to move down to post options area. It's a sorta neat feature, but it is way too much in your face the way they set it up.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have no clue why the thanks/groans are always on either side of the "blog" stuff, both at the bottom and in the stats of the postbit. I'll try to work on that, but right now it finally appears to be working.

Does anybody else have any other bugs they've noticed?
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Test

I cleared cache and still have trouble with previous issue.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Test

I cleared cache and still have trouble with previous issue.
    Which edit box are you using? I never got an answer to that question.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Which edit box are you using? I never got an answer to that question.
    ?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are different options in your user CP for different editors. I tried duplicating your problem with the standard editor and was unable to create the problem. The words I highlight get the tags, it doesn't displace the tags onto other words.

I was wondering if you might be using a different type of editor box, like maybe the WYSIWYG editor.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    There are different options in your user CP for different editors. I tried duplicating your problem with the standard editor and was unable to create the problem. The words I highlight get the tags, it doesn't displace the tags onto other words.

I was wondering if you might be using a different type of editor box, like maybe the WYSIWYG editor.
    No, it was set at standard.

test

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok so I switched to WYSIWYG editor and now it works-differently then before-but I have to double click on tabs while in the forum to move from one page to the next. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Double click? Man...

Maybe I should go with PHPBB... Jeebus.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

WTH!!! I refreshed the screen and the page turned all hot pink and red and I can't get back to the default colors!

This is Pepto-Bismol nasty!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

IDK... I'll look into it... I don't see that, but that's two people now who said something about it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle