Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question Of Sanity

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default A Question Of Sanity

Czech President questions the sanity of Al Gore. He makes a fine argument.

>>Mr Al Gore may be saying something along these lines: a sane person can't.

>>I don't see any ruining of the planet, I have never seen it, and I don't think that a reasonable and serious person could say such a thing. Look: you represent the economic media so I expect a certain economical erudition from you. My book will answer these questions. For example, we know that there exists a huge correlation between the care we give to the environment on one side and the wealth and technological prowess on the other side. It's clear that the poorer the society is, the more brutally it behaves with respect to Nature, and vice versa.• It's also true that there exist social systems that are damaging Nature - by eliminating private ownership and similar things - much more than the freer societies. These tendencies become important in the long run. They unambiguously imply that today, on February 8th, 2007, Nature is protected uncomparably more than on February 8th ten years ago or fifty years ago or one hundred years ago.• That's why I ask: how can you pronounce the sentence you said? Perhaps if you're unconscious? Or did you mean it as a provocation only? And maybe I am just too naive and I allowed you to provoke me to give you all these answers, am I not? It is more likely that you actually believe what you say.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Watch out Toby, you are talking about the "surprise" candidate for president....to be announced when he picks up his Oscar.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Watch out Toby, you are talking about the "surprise" candidate for president....to be announced when he picks up his Oscar.
    Boy, I hope so... It would make the D lineup more interesting for me.

And we all know it's all about me!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your right Leaning, but the MSM have already picked out Obama as its man and they have the power..........

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama is merely a distraction, not the main event.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Obama is merely a distraction, not the main event.
    I agree with this. When Gore enters it will be him and Hillary to the death. Obama will just be a "speed bump".....oh, did I just say that out loud?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    Your right Leaning, but the MSM have already picked out Obama as its man and they have the power..........
    They picked Howie Dean last election cycle. They aren't very good at it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    They picked Howie Dean last election cycle. They aren't very good at it.
    Aha!, my point exactly....

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Looks like the Czech prezzy and John Howard are drinking buddies. Maybe they also share a speech writer.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The cons are reduced to looking for party allies in other countries ?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The cons are reduced to looking for party allies in other countries ?
    I don't think that any of "con" candidates attempted to say that all the diplomats of other nations wanted them to be President as a recent candidate for another party did...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hmm and look were our stature in the world is now....

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmm and look were our stature in the world is now....
    Yet you were the one who made the point that they shouldn't look for support from the outside.

Plus, I don't think we'd be anywhere different with Kerry, his plan was to add 10,000 more troops and do the same thing Bush was.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, but several years earlier than Bush is trying it....

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, but several years earlier than Bush is trying it....
    However, Bush actually changed tactic when he did it. Kerry had no such plan. The only difference between Kerry and Bush was that 10,000 more troops would have been there. There was no push in his plan to clean Baghdad, nothing in it about allowing troops to enter previously politically protected areas...

Kerry had no plan whatsoever for Iraq other than keepin' on keepin' on with more troops there. So...

So far you have said that it was a bad thing to look outside the US for support, even though the candidate you supported did just that... then attempt to equate no plan with an actual different tactic... You aren't batting well today.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle