Thread: U.S. terror threat at highest since 9/11: Napolitano

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Default U.S. terror threat at highest since 9/11: Napolitano

U.S. terror threat at highest since 9/11: Napolitano

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano warned Wednesday that the threat of terrorism against the United States was in some ways "at its most heightened state" since the September 11, 2001 attacks.

In addition to the threats by al Qaeda, the militant group behind the attacks nearly a decade ago, Napolitano said the country faces new threats from those inspired by the group and those already inside the United States.

"The threat continues to evolve and in some ways the threat today may be at its most heightened state since the attacks nearly 10 years ago," Napolitano told the U.S. House of Representatives' Homeland Security Committee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110209/...curity_threats

what is this based on? is this fear mongering?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

LOL - yet another "where is the left now?" thread.

Such a broken record....

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

DHS and the feds KNOW that most of their actions are violative of the constitution and freedom, so they need to equate foreign terrorism with true freedom fighters of america to try to maintain their monopoly of force and legitimacy.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post

Such a broken record....
    and yet another onceler dishonest attack...where did i mention the left? oh thats right, i didn't.

and once again, onceler derails a thread with personal attacks. he doesn't address the thread topic, nope, he lives for the attack and insult.

too bad you're an intellectual pussy (likely a physical wimp as well judging from your massive insecurities displayed every day here) and can't actually discuss thread topics.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    DHS and the feds KNOW that most of their actions are violative of the constitution and freedom, so they need to equate foreign terrorism with true freedom fighters of america to try to maintain their monopoly of force and legitimacy.
    someone suggested the timing of this with the recent house vote on the patriot act....i think its a stretch, but the timing is interesting

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    and yet another onceler dishonest attack...where did i mention the left? oh thats right, i didn't.

and once again, onceler derails a thread with personal attacks. he doesn't address the thread topic, nope, he lives for the attack and insult.

too bad you're an intellectual pussy (likely a physical wimp as well judging from your massive insecurities displayed every day here) and can't actually discuss thread topics.
    LOL!!!!!!! What a total whinefest!!!!!!

You need some thicker skin. I really didn't realize you were so hypersenstive about everything. I'll take it easy on you....

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL!!!!!!! What a total whinefest!!!!!!

You need some thicker skin. I really didn't realize you were so hypersenstive about everything. I'll take it easy on you....
    do have anything to say about the thread topic? or are you here just to derail yet another thread with your bitching, moaning and insults? i don't mind insults, as long as you debate or discuss the thread topic.

if you can't actually discuss the thread topic, i understand. your insecurities cause you to come here and attack people on the internet. it makes you feel superior, so have it, it doesn't harm me or anyone else. but it would be nice if you actually participated in the thread topic instead of pretty much always insulting others.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

someone suggested the timing of this with the recent house vote on the patriot act....i think its a stretch, but the timing is interesting
    thanks yurt, now i'm gonna be labeled a conspiracy theorist.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

thanks yurt, now i'm gonna be labeled a conspiracy theorist.
    why?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

do have anything to say about the thread topic? or are you here just to derail yet another thread with your bitching, moaning and insults? i don't mind insults, as long as you debate or discuss the thread topic.

if you can't actually discuss the thread topic, i understand. your insecurities cause you to come here and attack people on the internet. it makes you feel superior, so have it, it doesn't harm me or anyone else. but it would be nice if you actually participated in the thread topic instead of pretty much always insulting others.
    I commented on the thread topic. You just hated being called on another "where is the left now?" thread.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I commented on the thread topic. You just hated being called on another "where is the left now?" thread.
    where did i mention the left? where did i say "where is the left now?"

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why?
    1) forgot my sarcasm tag

2) most idiots like to trust the government

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

1) forgot my sarcasm tag

2) most idiots like to trust the government
    do you trust the government at all? i trust them to an extent. but i don't doubt the government is at times dishonest. i think for the most part, those who serve us mean well, there are also those who just want power and don't mean us well. do you have a better idea for a government? we can't make everyone honest or serve all our individual needs.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's funny, you calling someone an intellctual pussy. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Such a broken record....
    Ummmm how about...

WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com