Thread: Wake Up, America

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    asshat, I have perhaps 15 years more to endure this screwed up world. So why should I get my panties in a wad ?
    You're panties are in a wad anyway. About stupid he said, she said crap about R versus D.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

R vs D ?
    I assure you my panties are not in a wad, unlike some I see no sense in getting upset over disagreements on a political discussion board.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    We used to have a solution to that, it was called morality. Now that's just for nice guys. Enlightened people embrace satan and the authority of men, and a society based on lies.
    We never had a solution to that, at least according to your theory. For Centuries these people have been "controlling" the world, therefore your solution never applied. The "used to" is a myth. If your belief is true, and some I believe is, then there has never been a morality balm that has effected this group at all. Before they were in the open people knew who they were and where they met, they have progressed their ideas and have been in existence regardless of how many people attempt to "out" them.

So, in short. Your morality balm has never in any fact of time and place existed in such a way as to actually be a solution to this problem.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    We never had a solution to that, at least according to your theory. For Centuries these people have been "controlling" the world, therefore your solution never applied. The "used to" is a myth. If your belief is true, and some I believe is, then there has never been a morality balm that has effected this group at all. Before they were in the open people knew who they were and where they met, they have progressed their ideas and have been in existence regardless of how many people attempt to "out" them.

So, in short. Your morality balm has never in any fact of time and place existed in such a way as to actually be a solution to this problem.
    So if you can't beat em, join em? Is that buddhism?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

The basic human emotion of greed.
    I'm not so afraid of the greedy in modern society as I am of those intent on doing good (AKA terrorists) :P .
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So if you can't beat em, join em? Is that buddhism?
    This has to be your most inane statement ever. I simply point out a fact to you and you assume I say to "join them"? That is preposterous on its face, a pretend "smart" comment when you are at a loss for words.

So far you give bumpersticker responses and wishes to "return" to what never was. You need something new, people have been saying for how many centuries how we need to return to the past morality system? It simply doesn't work.

One of the first signs of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over, yet you expect different results from the action....
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    I'm not so afraid of the greedy in modern society as I am of those intent on doing good (AKA terrorists) :P .
    HUH ?

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

HUH ?
    Almost every terrorists believes himself to be doing "God's Work". This would mean those people intent on "doing good" might be a bit off target.

From the idiot blowing up abortion clinics, to the idiot burning down ski resort restaurants or booby-trapping trees and everybody in between, like the Muslim intent on reaching Heaven and his 72 wenches, or whatever they've been promised...

They are all "doing good" in their minds.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Almost every terrorists believes himself to be doing "God's Work". This would mean those people intent on "doing good" might be a bit off target.

From the idiot blowing up abortion clinics, to the idiot burning down ski resort restaurants or booby-trapping trees and everybody in between, like the Muslim intent on reaching Heaven and his 72 wenches, or whatever they've been promised...

They are all "doing good" in their minds.
    Ohh ok , yes I agree with that.
    yep one guys sin is another ones goal.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ohh ok , yes I agree with that.
    yep one guys sin is another ones goal.
    Sure. The problem is fanaticism: the belief that one has access to Ultimate Truth.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    Sure. The problem is fanaticism: the belief that one has access to Ultimate Truth.
    Yes Extremists of all flavors are wrong.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This has to be your most inane statement ever. I simply point out a fact to you and you assume I say to "join them"? That is preposterous on its face, a pretend "smart" comment when you are at a loss for words.

So far you give bumpersticker responses and wishes to "return" to what never was. You need something new, people have been saying for how many centuries how we need to return to the past morality system? It simply doesn't work.

One of the first signs of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over, yet you expect different results from the action....
    No, i busted you wide open. You're attempting to use a fact (they haven't been stopped) into a conclusion that doesn't follow (they can't be stopped). It's defeatism, wrapped in condescension with a character aspersion bow on the top.

Im not advocating a return to something that never was. We were free. Im advocating that the new world order goons be stopped dead in their tracks.

Why can't you take the right side on this issue? You're full of suggestions for personal escape, so you know something isn't right. Why can't you advocate saving humanity as a whole from this totalitarianism?
    Why do you follow satan?
    Last edited by Blackwater Lunchbreak; 03-15-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes Extremists of all flavors are wrong.

Good one, usc. You're probably the best at putting a snarky ending on a thread!

It's not brilliance, it's more like a parlor entertainment, like a sword swallowing dwarf, or something.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good one, usc. You're probably the best at putting a snarky ending on a thread!

It's not brilliance, it's more like a parlor entertainment, like a sword swallowing dwarf, or something.
    Just an observation from life.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, i busted you wide open. You're attempting to use a fact (they haven't been stopped) into a conclusion that doesn't follow (they can't be stopped). It's defeatism, wrapped in condescension with a character aspersion bow on the top.

Im not advocating a return to something that never was. We were free. Im advocating that the new world order goons be stopped dead in their tracks.

Why can't you take the right side on this issue? You're full of suggestions for personal escape, so you know something isn't right. Why can't you advocate saving humanity as a whole from this totalitarianism?
    Why do you follow satan?
    No, I use the fact that the results have never even gotten your side closer to what you want, and that in fact they have progressed their ideation right along with your action to "stop" them. Yet you continue the exact same path and expect a different result.

You blew nothing open except your own desire to make other suddenly follow your own lead. This is the path to the exact same thing they do...

Anyway, wasting your time on the "age old" response that has effected nothing of what you want is what I was pointing to. Yet you continue on this same exact path that others have trod. Have you ever thought of taking the path less traveled by? Maybe trying something different to get a different result?
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle