Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For the love of God, enough already!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Default For the love of God, enough already!

There are no fewer than 25 threads pertaining to the assassination attempt against Congresswoman Giffords, each painting the perpetrator as either right or left, blaming conservatives, 2nd amendment advocates, left-wing activists, and/or Sarah Palin, amongst other bullshit. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Let's roll with what we DO know: regardless of his political beliefs, Jared Loughner is one fucked up individual and the only one responsible for this heinous act is Jared Loughner - NOT Sarah Palin (seriously, stop giving her so much credit), conservatives, the Tea Party, the Communist Manifesto, or anyone/anything other than Jared Loughner.

Attempting to use this tragedy for your political gain is not only disgusting, it's also a colossal waste of time.
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You speak the truth. My local paper, the San Francisco Chronicle, has a comment section under each article they post online and this story has like 1,800 comments on it and they are pretty much like what you see here. I can only imagine what it will be like when/if we find out the actual motive.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You speak the truth. My local paper, the San Francisco Chronicle, has a comment section under each article they post online and this story has like 1,800 comments on it and they are pretty much like what you see here. I can only imagine what it will be like when/if we find out the actual motive.
    Unless people here cool it and get back to real issues, I'll be taking a break from the site when that happens.
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    There are no fewer than 25 threads pertaining to the assassination attempt against Congresswoman Giffords, each painting the perpetrator as either right or left, blaming conservatives, 2nd amendment advocates, left-wing activists, and/or Sarah Palin, amongst other bullshit. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Let's roll with what we DO know: regardless of his political beliefs, Jared Loughner is one fucked up individual and the only one responsible for this heinous act is Jared Loughner - NOT Sarah Palin (seriously, stop giving her so much credit), conservatives, the Tea Party, the Communist Manifesto, or anyone/anything other than Jared Loughner.

Attempting to use this tragedy for your political gain is not only disgusting, it's also a colossal waste of time.
    Hella...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

A pox on the houses of all people trying to use this incident for political gain.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

i apologize for my four threads, each was addressing a different accusation by the left, but i guess i could have put them together

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Testify brother!
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    BTW, I discovered the first chick while doing a Google Images search for the Super Troll image I inserted into another thread. Not what I was looking for, but I'm not complaining.
    Truly, nothing in this world has the same power to bring guys together in unity as a great set of mams.

I'm partial to the 2nd (blonde).

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

Bullshit. You just want this to go away because the right is guilty of embracing and forwarding an ever present threat of violence...a "Lock and RELOAD" to "Take back your country" sickness.

You are the one who answered this post...under the 'personal responsibility' mantra, you are guilty...

Poll: Should we kill our elected reps or judges if they violate the constitution?

Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou
    yurt, i have great respect for the law in this country, when everyone follows it.

i'm going to say this again, we have an order that we follow in the face of tyranny.

1) soap box (1st Amendment, spread the message)
    2) ballot box (vote the bastards out, if you can)
    3) jury box (jury nullification of any illegal prosecution if necessary)
    4) cartridge box (when all of the above have failed.)

Posted by Voltaire
    I agree with this, and I don't think that makes either of us extremists. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to seriously examine the history of our country.
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

12. #12 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

The response to this entire tragedy has disgusted me. So many are so quick to want to use a tragedy for political gain that it amazes me.

Kudos to Voltaire for calling them on it, and I agree.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The response to this entire tragedy has disgusted me. So many are so quick to want to use a tragedy for political gain that it amazes me.

Kudos to Voltaire for calling them on it, and I agree.
    The politicizing of this tragedy took place BEFORE the bullets inflicted their horrible carnage when the Palins, Bachmanns, Angles, Becks, and Tancredos spewed their violent rhetoric and hatred of liberals and Democrats. And the right embraced and reveled in that threat of violence. Now, when people call out the sick violence rhetoric, conservatives cry 'foul' and accuse the sane ones BEFORE this happened of politicizing this tragedy...bullshit.

I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
    Harry S. Truman
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

14. #14 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    The politicizing of this tragedy took place BEFORE the bullets inflicted their horrible carnage when the Palins, Bachmanns, Angles, Becks, and Tancredos spewed their violent rhetoric and hatred of liberals and Democrats. And the right embraced and reveled in that threat of violence. Now, when people call out the sick violence rhetoric, conservatives cry 'foul' and accuse the sane ones BEFORE this happened of politicizing this tragedy...bullshit.

I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
    Harry S. Truman
    The tragedy is that you assumed this murder had anything to do with the crap spewed by the people you hate so much. It has become acceptable to blame others and spew hatred. Whether you post crosshairs or simply expound and pass-on the hatred, the fact that you think yourself innocent and others guilty in this tragedy is appalling.

I think Palin is an idiot. But so are the dems who wanted Cheney to talk George W. bird hunting.

The fact is that there is no evidence linking this lunatic with either side of our sharply divided political scene.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The tragedy is that you assumed this murder had anything to do with the crap spewed by the people you hate so much. It has become acceptable to blame others and spew hatred. Whether you post crosshairs or simply expound and pass-on the hatred, the fact that you think yourself innocent and others guilty in this tragedy is appalling.

I think Palin is an idiot. But so are the dems who wanted Cheney to talk George W. bird hunting.

The fact is that there is no evidence linking this lunatic with either side of our sharply divided political scene.
    Sorry WinterBorn, but you are drawing a false equivalency. You can find traces of this on the left, and OVERWHELMING evidence on the right. I don't hate anyone, but I do hate violence. It IS acceptable to call out the people who embrace the violent imagery and rhetoric because I DID IT BEFORE this happened, not just after.

I had arguments back when Palin placed her gun sights on Democrats, and I was called a sissy lib, bleeding heart...all the macho right wing bluster.

I will not let the right get away with calling liberals pacifists, bleeding hearts and sissies when it is convenient for their argument, and then cry foul when they are called out on their acceptance and even embrace of violent rhetoric or their attempts to intimidate by the hint on violence.

“If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”
    Douglas Adams
    Last edited by Bfgrn; 01-12-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    John Kenneth Galbraith