Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the left needs to be stopped.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Default Why the left needs to be stopped.

Politics December 23, 2010

President Meets with Union Bosses to Discuss Government-Union 'Partnership'

Email Facebook Twitter

In light of the NLRB's attacks on business this week, this this little piece is striking, as it is the epitome of why the economy still sucks unemployment remains high.
    The U.S. Department of Labor, which has become akin to the Ministry of Workers' Councils, regularly issues a newsletter via e-mail and posts it on the Ministry's website. This week, among other items touted, was this little gem on union bosses meeting with President Obama to discuss growing the economy and the government-union partnership.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/unions/201...#ixzz194OKKbUl
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry about the double post.....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

The left needs to be stopped because unions are talking to the President?

In most countries, unions do actually engage with the ruling party whether they are of right, centre or left leaning persuasion. The job of the union is to reflect the feeling of their members to, most frequently, the governing party/government figurehead.

Am i missing something here?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

remember the uproar when Cheney met with oil company bosses to discuss energy?.....

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    The left needs to be stopped because unions are talking to the President?

In most countries, unions do actually engage with the ruling party whether they are of right, centre or left leaning persuasion. The job of the union is to reflect the feeling of their members to, most frequently, the governing party/government figurehead.

Am i missing something here?
    Yeah, you are missing something......the left needs to be stopped because there should be no partnership between unions and government, anymore than there should be a partnership between religion and government.....

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Yeah, you are missing something......the left needs to be stopped because there should be no partnership between unions and government, anymore than there should be a partnership between religion and government.....
    Bravo, Bravo. Where is your allegiance to one world government, the people working together for the good of all?

It's Christmas. What would Christ want?
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post

I'm thinking it would be something from Sharper Image, a nose hair trimmer maybe?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Bravo, Bravo. Where is your allegiance to one world government, the people working together for the good of all?

He would want us to contend with the established order (our governments), and remain faithful to Him, just as He insinuated nearly 2000 years ago.

"And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places."

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but render unto God what is God's."

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

why is it that people on the right HATE any entity that is designed to give a voice to working people but LOVE anything designed to give voice to the wealthiest members of our society?

They hate unions and goverenment but Love corporations.

You people do realise you need workers, government and corporations to make a functioning economy right?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post

Politics December 23, 2010

President Meets with Union Bosses to Discuss Government-Union 'Partnership'

Email Facebook Twitter

In light of the NLRB's attacks on business this week, this this little piece is striking, as it is the epitome of why the economy still sucks unemployment remains high.
    The U.S. Department of Labor, which has become akin to the Ministry of Workers' Councils, regularly issues a newsletter via e-mail and posts it on the Ministry's website. This week, among other items touted, was this little gem on union bosses meeting with President Obama to discuss growing the economy and the government-union partnership.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/unions/201...#ixzz194OKKbUl
    Where is your angst over THIS???????????????????????????????

President Obama Meets with Top Business Leaders Over Economy

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 7:43AM

(WASHINGTON) -- President Obama will meet with over a dozen CEOs Wednesday morning in an effort to discuss ways to "work together to grow the economy, create jobs in the private sector and invest in American innovation and competitiveness."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said this is just one of many “fairly regular intervals” the president has met with CEOS over lunch to discuss a “whole range of ideas that are out there in terms of continuing our fragile recovery."

The goal, the White House said, is to drill down on the best way to move forward on accelerating job creation and making America more competitive in the 21st century.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/politi...r-economy.html

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"

Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru and co-author of the GOP's 'Contract with America'
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    He would want us to contend with the established order (our governments), and remain faithful to Him, just as He insinuated nearly 2000 years ago.

"And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places."

Why do you mix Matthew 24:6 with Mark 12:17?

The Pharisees asked Jesus whether or not it is lawful to pay taxes to Caesar. It was a trap in the hopes of being able to either have Him arrested as a rebel by the Roman authorities or to have Him discredited in the eyes of His followers.

Jesus was brilliant at this juncture. Jesus did not answer the question. Because Caesar's image was on the denari, Jesus declared that if something rightfully belongs to Caesar then return the property to Caesar. Caesar’s picture was a sign or seal that the coin might belong to Caesar.

Mark 12:13-17

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words.

14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?

15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.”

16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but render unto God what is God's."

And they were amazed at him.
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post

And do what the Mrs. tells you.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And do what the Mrs. tells you.
    I am not the boss of my house. I don't know how I lost it. I don't know where I lost it. I don't think I ever had it. But I've seen the boss's job... and I don't want it.
    Bill Cosby: Himself (1983)
    John Kenneth Galbraith

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    Why do you mix Matthew 24:6 with Mark 12:17?

The Pharisees asked Jesus whether or not it is lawful to pay taxes to Caesar. It was a trap in the hopes of being able to either have Him arrested as a rebel by the Roman authorities or to have Him discredited in the eyes of His followers.

Jesus was brilliant at this juncture. Jesus did not answer the question. Because Caesar's image was on the denari, Jesus declared that if something rightfully belongs to Caesar then return the property to Caesar. Caesar’s picture was a sign or seal that the coin might belong to Caesar.

Mark 12:13-17

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words.

14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?

15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.”

16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but render unto God what is God's."

And they were amazed at him.
    That Jesus guy was one smart dude!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    I am not the boss of my house. I don't know how I lost it. I don't know where I lost it. I don't think I ever had it. But I've seen the boss's job... and I don't want it.
    Bill Cosby: Himself (1983)
    Another wise dude.