Thread: When Democrats Attack

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default When Democrats Attack

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVgP5zH1Kss"]YouTube - Pregnant teen attacked on Seattle bus ( RAW FOOTAGE )[/ame]

A pregnant teen says she feared for her baby after she and her boyfriend were attacked by a group of four girls and a woman on a Metro bus last month, and it was all captured on the bus' security camera.

Jessica -- we're not revealing her last name -- was riding on the packed No. 358 bus in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood during the evening rush hour on Nov. 19. Around 7 p.m., a 19-year-old woman, three 16-year-old girls and a 14-year-old girl boarded the bus via the rear doors, investigators said.

"Me and my boyfriend got on the bus and we were listening to our Zune -- he had a headphone; I had a headphone -- and then the girls came on," said Jessica, who is due in June and was returning home after doctor checkup. "I didn't know them so I wasn't expecting anything and one of them started saying something to my boyfriend."

Surveillance video shows just 34 seconds after the girls boarded, one of the girls grabbed the Zune. When Jessica and her boyfriend resisted, the pair was attacked by the five girls, police said.

Meanwhile, Metro Police tracked down three of the alleged attackers at 85th and Aurora about a half hour after the incident. The other two were arrested days later by Seattle Police officers.

"I think this assault kinda takes your breath away because you've got five girls... and they're assaulting these two who aren't even fighting back," said Sgt. John Urquhart with the King County Sheriff's Department. "To me, that's pretty egregious."

Investigators credited the surveillance camera on board with providing crucial evidence to crack the case.

"I don't see how people could watch this and not be outraged," Urquhart said. "Clearly (the girls) think this is OK, and they have no compunction doing this in front of a bus load of people in a bus that's clearly marked as a video coach... I'm lost. I just don't get the mindset going on there."

Urquhart says nearly 400 Metro buses have cameras with plans for another 250 buses to be equipped in the next few years.

Investigators say the 19-year-old was charged with assault and has since bailed out of jail. The other four girls were charged with second degree robbery. Three remain in custody while the fourth is on electronic home monitoring, police said.

All five girls have prior arrests. "They're all very familiar with the criminal justice system," Urquhart said.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/43189...ml?source=mypi

Notice the rest of the gutless turds on the bus that did nothing to help. Why no charges of a hate crime?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

All those people, and nobody called 911 until the bus driver did after he stopped.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, what did I miss? Where did it say they were Democrats?

Immie
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.

4. #4 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post

Immie
    Thanks, I was wondering if I missed something.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Immie
    It didn't.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Immie
    Probably an assumption (a shaky one) based on Seattle being around 80% Democrat. Of course, most of the girls involved in the incident aren't even old enough to vote, so it's a moot point.

It may also be a reference to the argument that liberalism is at least partially responsible for the lack of response from the other passengers. While I don't think that argument offers a satisfactory explanation by itself, I do believe the reaction from their fellow passengers would have been much different in a more conservative area.
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Probably an assumption (a shaky one) based on Seattle being around 80% Democrat. Of course, most of the girls involved in the incident aren't even old enough to vote, so it's a moot point.

It may also be a reference to the argument that liberalism is at least partially responsible for the lack of response from the other passengers. While I don't think that argument offers a satisfactory explanation by itself, I do believe the reaction from their fellow passengers would have been much different in a more conservative area.
    Interesting thought in regards to the different response in a conservative area. I am not sure whether or not you are right. It is very possible, but I remember watching something similar to a Dateline program, cannot remember the name of the program sorry, but it was quite interesting where some white kids were damaging a car in a park (it belonged to the producers of the program) as long as it was white kids most passerbys did nothing to interfere with the actions. Later they switched the white kids with black kids the reactions changed and 911 was called by several people in the area, of course, from a distance away.

I don't know what happened in this case and why no one else called 911, but it might have had something to do with the threat that the other riders felt if they got involved.

Personally, I would hope that I would have interfered and stopped the fight, but who knows? Good Samaritans tend to end up dead far too often.

Immie
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.