Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Ask, Don't TELL

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    "Nor are they going to start making passes at straight soldiers trying to convert them."
    Please explain how you think this conversion occurs?
    The same way other people suddenly discover they are gay years after becoming sexually active.

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Since you obviously cannot understand plain English, I am not going to spell it out for you, my friend.

Immie
    Translation: Immanuel said - I'm an idiot and I just like to post shit that starts to sound intelligent; but I truly have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.
    I'm a pinhead.
    End translation.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Translation: Immanuel said - I'm an idiot and I just like to post shit that starts to sound intelligent; but I truly have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.
    I'm a pinhead.
    End translation.
    It is not my fault that you are still a seventh grade failure, USFreedom911.

Immie
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

I suppose you are correct that there are some that would do it, but I have to say, there are many reasons that they would do it and not all of those reasons have anything at all to do with the sexual preference of the victim. I suppose that it could happen for any number of reasons such as maybe the victim picked up the other guys "date" last night? (meaning girl of course)

I would hope and do believe that the vast majority of our soldiers are above such actions and that the few "bad apples" that are out there would be weeded out very quickly.

I've been thinking about this discussion over the passed few days. It has been said that the "flamboyant" gays would not and have not joined the services. That does make sense. Which says to me, that those gays who are in the military are not going to suddenly start parading around in G-strings and feathers kissing and groping each other. Nor are they going to start making passes at straight soldiers trying to convert them. Thinking about it, I am hopeful that when the furor over the repeal of DADT fades away, nothing at all will have changed. Those gays who are serving will continue to do so and will continue to keep their private lives to themselves just as they always have.

At least that is what I am praying for.

Immie
    That's what I am praying for as well, but something tells me it won't be that smooth. The main reason I was opposed to the repeal of DADT, is because it wasn't something that was necessary at this time. Gays were not banned from service, they were simply asked to keep the information private, which shouldn't have been an issue. The service is not a platform for individuality, where the individual has the right to 'brag' or 'flaunt' anything about themselves. It is a selfless endeavor which shouldn't ever have a damn thing to do with what someone is as an individual, that's what "service" means. You are giving yourself to the service of your country, not stepping up on a soap box to say... LOOK AT ME, I'M GAY! I was strongly opposed because this "issue" is a pet project of activist gays, and the Gay Rights lobby, and not something pertinent to the actual functionality of the military. But yet, here again, the liberal gay activists are able to cajole enough so-called "moderates" into going along with this bullshit, and voila! This is what we have! And it won't stop here, Immie, it will continue on and on... there is no end to this, as long as they know pressure and activism works, they will keep doing it, and it just gets more and more ridiculous as we go.

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    The same way other people suddenly discover they are gay years after becoming sexually active.
    They don't even have to have been sexually active.

Not all service members, especially the young ones are sexually active or have been sexually active when they join the service. Some of those kids are pretty young and naive when they join.

I don't think that service members who are gay are going to start coming on to other members just because DADT has been repealed.

Immie
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is not my fault that you are still a seventh grade failure, USFreedom911.

Immie
    Translation: Immanuel said - Since I can't support my pathetic assertions, my only recourse is to attempt to insult the other poster.
    End translation

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    That's what I am praying for as well, but something tells me it won't be that smooth. The main reason I was opposed to the repeal of DADT, is because it wasn't something that was necessary at this time. Gays were not banned from service, they were simply asked to keep the information private, which shouldn't have been an issue. The service is not a platform for individuality, where the individual has the right to 'brag' or 'flaunt' anything about themselves. It is a selfless endeavor which shouldn't ever have a damn thing to do with what someone is as an individual, that's what "service" means. You are giving yourself to the service of your country, not stepping up on a soap box to say... LOOK AT ME, I'M GAY! I was strongly opposed because this "issue" is a pet project of activist gays, and the Gay Rights lobby, and not something pertinent to the actual functionality of the military. But yet, here again, the liberal gay activists are able to cajole enough so-called "moderates" into going along with this bullshit, and voila! This is what we have! And it won't stop here, Immie, it will continue on and on... there is no end to this, as long as they know pressure and activism works, they will keep doing it, and it just gets more and more ridiculous as we go.
    The activists would not simply go away if DADT had never been law. They have always been here and always will be here even if they won everything they wanted and then some. If it was not DADT, it would be something else that they were pushing.

I believe that there are many fine individuals who are in the service who happen to be homosexual and are not going to flaunt their sexuality now that DADT has been repealed. So, now that DADT has been repealed they can go on serving their country without the fear of being outed and losing their careers because of something they cannot change.

The activists would have been pushing something else if it were not the repeal of DADT. They will move on to something else now, but in the meantime, if the repeal actually betters our military readiness by allowing those who want to serve to do so even if they are homosexuals, then that will be a good thing.

Immie

8. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The activists would not simply go away if DADT had never been law. They have always been here and always will be here even if they won everything they wanted and then some. If it was not DADT, it would be something else that they were pushing.

I believe that there are many fine individuals who are in the service who happen to be homosexual and are not going to flaunt their sexuality now that DADT has been repealed. So, now that DADT has been repealed they can go on serving their country without the fear of being outed and losing their careers because of something they cannot change.

The activists would have been pushing something else if it were not the repeal of DADT. They will move on to something else now, but in the meantime, if the repeal actually betters our military readiness by allowing those who want to serve to do so even if they are homosexuals, then that will be a good thing.

Immie
    What's ironic is, DADT was a Democrat compromise arrangement to allow gays to be able to serve in the military. Before this, a gay person had to literally lie, when asked if they were homosexual. The DADT policy was implemented to stop the asking of that question, and that supposedly solved the problem... but it didn't... it never does with liberal activists.

What you said in your last sentence, is the very problem we have these days. Too many of us want to get along with others and try to accommodate, by saying... well, if allowing this or that will make things better.... But things are never 'better' for an activist. They will simply push the bar further.... one day, you will be sitting on a bus, when a gay man walks up to you and sticks his dick in your mouth, and there will be nothing you can say or do about it, because we've made it the law, to allow such a thing! That's where this incremental liberal bullshit leads us! At some point, we need to put our foot down and say, not just NO, but HELL NO! I don't care if you call me a homophobe, or a bigot, or knuckledragging Christian... I am opposed to this and nothing will change my mind about it! But for now, we are stuck with a contingent of somewhat conservative moral people, who will cave and appease at any opportunity, to avoid being disliked or stigmatized by the left.

9. #294 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

It most certainly is pertinent to the actual functionality of the military. Every gay member who had to keep their sexuality a secret was a potential security leak to be blackmailed.

Security risks such as this can do a huge amount of damage. Far more damage than a few rogue assholes unwilling to serve their unit and do their duty.

10. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What's ironic is, DADT was a Democrat compromise arrangement to allow gays to be able to serve in the military. Before this, a gay person had to literally lie, when asked if they were homosexual. The DADT policy was implemented to stop the asking of that question, and that supposedly solved the problem... but it didn't... it never does with liberal activists.

What you said in your last sentence, is the very problem we have these days. Too many of us want to get along with others and try to accommodate, by saying... well, if allowing this or that will make things better.... But things are never 'better' for an activist. They will simply push the bar further.... one day, you will be sitting on a bus, when a gay man walks up to you and sticks his dick in your mouth, and there will be nothing you can say or do about it, because we've made it the law, to allow such a thing! That's where this incremental liberal bullshit leads us! At some point, we need to put our foot down and say, not just NO, but HELL NO! I don't care if you call me a homophobe, or a bigot, or knuckledragging Christian... I am opposed to this and nothing will change my mind about it! But for now, we are stuck with a contingent of somewhat conservative moral people, who will cave and appease at any opportunity, to avoid being disliked or stigmatized by the left.
    "They will simply push the bar further.... one day, you will be sitting on a bus, when a gay man walks up to you and sticks his dick in your mouth, and there will be nothing you can say or do about it, because we've made it the law, to allow such a thing!"
    And yet; Dixie swears that he's not a homophobe.

11. #296 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

They will simply push the bar further.... one day, you will be sitting on a bus, when a gay man walks up to you and sticks his dick in your mouth, and there will be nothing you can say or do about it, because we've made it the law, to allow such a thing! That's where this incremental liberal bullshit leads us!
    Do you actually think this will happen, Dixie? Is this what you are afraid of? Do you actually believe that repealing DADT is the start of a 'slippery slope' that will lead to gay men trying to shove their dicks in the mouths of strangers on a bus? Of course you don't. That is complete and utter bullshit and you knew it when you wrote it. You are simply appealing to the fear factor of idiots.

At some point, we need to put our foot down and say, not just NO, but HELL NO! I don't care if you call me a homophobe, or a bigot, or knuckledragging Christian... I am opposed to this and nothing will change my mind about it! But for now, we are stuck with a contingent of somewhat conservative moral people, who will cave and appease at any opportunity, to avoid being disliked or stigmatized by the left.
    Why would you oppose the repeal of the DADT? Tell us what possible reason you have for opposing it?

12. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Do you actually think this will happen, Dixie? Is this what you are afraid of? Do you actually believe that repealing DADT is the start of a 'slippery slope' that will lead to gay men trying to shove their dicks in the mouths of strangers on a bus? Of course you don't. That is complete and utter bullshit and you knew it when you wrote it. You are simply appealing to the fear factor of idiots.

Why would you oppose the repeal of the DADT? Tell us what possible reason you have for opposing it?
    Maybe Dixie WANTS a gay man to shove his dick in his mouth.
    That way he could still claim that he wasn't a WILLING participant, even though it satisfies a secret desire of his.

13. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hehe,

I have no intention of calling you any of those things.

I think you are wrong in regards to military response to this.

I think you are right in regards to the activists, but I also think that even if things were as they were before Clinton made DADT the policy of our armed forces, homosexual activists would be working on other things pushing their agenda forward, just as other activists are and would be doing.

I don't see a whole heck of a lot changing over this in the long run.

And yes, it is funny that DADT was a liberal action and now listen to all the liberals telling us how screwed up it was. Pretty soon they will be saying it was a conservative idea, wouldn't be surprised if that is how it goes down in the history books.

Immie

14. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Yep, I think that is where appeasing activists for the sake of getting along, will ultimately lead us. I know it's a wild exaggeration, and I doubt we'd ever tolerate the incrementalism that long, but yeah... that's where it leads to!

I just explained it, are you too ignorant to read? Because there was no need for it, this didn't serve any purpose, other than to appease a special interest group. Your idiotic points about blackmail are on par with my exaggerations of the slippery slope, you know damn well that was not ever a problem or an issue, and you can't cite one single case where such a thing has happened.

15. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no intention of calling you any of those things.
    Oh, I know you wouldn't, but look at the libs, they already are! Even in the wake of their 'victory' on this, they will call me these names because I dared to give an opposing opinion. You can either adopt the lunatic liberal mantra, or you are all of those things and more, it's how they emotionally pressure people into going along with them. What's amazing is, how many people fall for this load of crap, because they don't like being called names or thought of as something derogatory.