Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Ask, Don't TELL

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I love fake boobs, they never lay down, they are always at attention!
    Well, yes, that would be laying down on the job. I would gladly reciprocate for her, though, and stand at attention, salute and all...

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'd hit it. Repeatedly.

How long have you been having these feelings of hostility toward beautiful women?

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Certainly, this would be viewed as subjective, but simply having a discussion about your sex life would be an example of flaunting. For example, if I were to discuss with my coworkers in detail the many, many things I would do to that girl I posted above, that might be considered inappropriate.
    That's going to make a lot of hetrosexual service men unhappy; because your definition means that hetrosexual service people "flaunt" their sexuality more then homosexual service people do.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #274 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    WB, I refuse to continue debating with you on this because you continue to draw the false comparisons between sexuality and race. Until you get this through your thick and ignorant head, that race and sexuality are two completely different things, we have nothing else to talk about, because it is pointless.

In fact, any argument on DADT is pretty much pointless now, don't you think? Since it has been repealed, and a new policy has been enacted, it seems ridiculous to be arguing for or against DADT now. What I wonder is, why are liberals so intent on continuing their arguments... you won! You got exactly what you asked for! Now we will get to see it in action, we'll find out if you know what you're talking about, and if it will effect our military positively or negatively. So is this how you people are when you get everything you want? You're just going to keep defending it and propping up your arguments for it, as if the battle is still going on? I don't understand that, what else can we do to appease you? Maybe if we all turn gay and have butt sex?
    I have not compared race and sexuality one single time, Dixie.

We have not continued to argue DADT because it needed to be passed. Someone made a post in celebration, and some backwards bigot starting listing all the bad things that will happen now. You joined in that listing, and are now upset because you have been shown to be wrong.

And the battle is still going on. Look back at your posts. You point out numerous times that there are still those who hate gays. How they feel does not bother me. What they do bothers me.

I enjoyed our debate, Dixie. Have a great day.

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I have not compared race and sexuality one single time, Dixie.

We have not continued to argue DADT because it needed to be passed. Someone made a post in celebration, and some backwards bigot starting listing all the bad things that will happen now. You joined in that listing, and are now upset because you have been shown to be wrong.

And the battle is still going on. Look back at your posts. You point out numerous times that there are still those who hate gays. How they feel does not bother me. What they do bothers me.

I enjoyed our debate, Dixie. Have a great day.
    And with that:
    You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

WB, I refuse to continue debating with you on this because you continue to draw the false comparisons between sexuality and race. Until you get this through your thick and ignorant head, that race and sexuality are two completely different things, we have nothing else to talk about, because it is pointless.

In fact, any argument on DADT is pretty much pointless now, don't you think? Since it has been repealed, and a new policy has been enacted, it seems ridiculous to be arguing for or against DADT now. What I wonder is, why are liberals so intent on continuing their arguments... you won! You got exactly what you asked for! Now we will get to see it in action, we'll find out if you know what you're talking about, and if it will effect our military positively or negatively. So is this how you people are when you get everything you want? You're just going to keep defending it and propping up your arguments for it, as if the battle is still going on? I don't understand that, what else can we do to appease you? Maybe if we all turn gay and have butt sex?
    Hell, Dixie, I am suprised you and your ilk are not argueing to go back to the Pre-Clinton days...... Dont be Gay or you are out. We will ask and its illegal for you not to tell!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

If they want me, they know where they can find me. Russian translators would be useful in Afghanistan. Of course, I doubt they want an aged fat guy who chose to leave the military after being offered a bonus to stay.

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

"...Jimmy Carter is putting the out in outspokenness.

In an interview with bigthink.com, the former president was asked, “Is the country ready for a gay president?

Even as John McCain and other ossified Republicans were staging last-minute maneuvers to torpedo the “don’t ask, don’t tell” repeal, the 86-year-old Carter was envisioning a grander civil rights victory.

“I would say that the answer is yes,” he said. “I don’t know about the next election, but I think in the near future.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/opinion/19dowd.html

9. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep... When that openly gay soldier goes in to search a building expecting cover from his fellow comrades, they might just get smoke in their eye and fail to see the targets... When the openly gay soldier calls in for air support, there might just be static interference on the radio, and the call for assistance might not be heard... What pinhead liberals seem to not comprehend is, this didn't end prejudice. It does make it considerably easier for a bigot to know who to target with their bigotry, and you can expect that to happen more now.
    Come on Dixie, you don't honestly believe that an American soldier would sacrifice another American soldier simply because the other one is gay, do you?

If they do, that sure doesn't say much for the professionalism of our military personnel.

Immie
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.

10. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Come on Dixie, you don't honestly believe that an American soldier would sacrifice another American soldier simply because the other one is gay, do you?

If they do, that sure doesn't say much for the professionalism of our military personnel.

Immie
    I do believe there are bigots and haters who would do just that, and not think twice about it, Immie. I'm sorry, I don't believe in a world where everyone has the same morality standards as I do, or would react the same way I would. I don't think MOST would do this, and I didn't say MOST would, but there are some. I don't think it has anything to do with "professionalism" it has everything to do with bigotry and how that works. Yep, it's deplorable to think this could happen, but I bet, if gays are open about their homosexuality to their fellow comrades, this will indeed happen, it's inevitable.

11. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

13. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do believe there are bigots and haters who would do just that, and not think twice about it, Immie. I'm sorry, I don't believe in a world where everyone has the same morality standards as I do, or would react the same way I would. I don't think MOST would do this, and I didn't say MOST would, but there are some. I don't think it has anything to do with "professionalism" it has everything to do with bigotry and how that works. Yep, it's deplorable to think this could happen, but I bet, if gays are open about their homosexuality to their fellow comrades, this will indeed happen, it's inevitable.
    I suppose you are correct that there are some that would do it, but I have to say, there are many reasons that they would do it and not all of those reasons have anything at all to do with the sexual preference of the victim. I suppose that it could happen for any number of reasons such as maybe the victim picked up the other guys "date" last night? (meaning girl of course)

I would hope and do believe that the vast majority of our soldiers are above such actions and that the few "bad apples" that are out there would be weeded out very quickly.

I've been thinking about this discussion over the passed few days. It has been said that the "flamboyant" gays would not and have not joined the services. That does make sense. Which says to me, that those gays who are in the military are not going to suddenly start parading around in G-strings and feathers kissing and groping each other. Nor are they going to start making passes at straight soldiers trying to convert them. Thinking about it, I am hopeful that when the furor over the repeal of DADT fades away, nothing at all will have changed. Those gays who are serving will continue to do so and will continue to keep their private lives to themselves just as they always have.

At least that is what I am praying for.

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 12-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    Here's to the end of our two leading "tyrannical" political parties and the restoration of our government of the people, by the people, for the people.

14. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I suppose you are correct that there are some that would do it, but I have to say, there are many reasons that they would do it and not all of those reasons have anything at all to do with the sexual preference of the victim. I suppose that it could happen for any number of reasons such as maybe the victim picked up the other guys "date" last night? (meaning girl of course)

I would hope and do believe that the vast majority of our soldiers are above such actions and that the few "bad apples" that are out there would be weeded out very quickly.

I've been thinking about this discussion over the passed few days. It has been said that the "flamboyant" gays would not and have not joined the services. That does make sense. Which says to me, that those gays who are in the military are not going to suddenly start parading around in G-strings and feathers kissing and groping each other. Nor are they going to start making passes at straight soldiers trying to convert them. Thinking about it, I am hopeful that when the furor over the repeal of DADT fades away, nothing at all will have changed. Those gays who are serving will continue to do so and will continue to keep their private lives to themselves just as they always have.

At least that is what I am praying for.

Immie
    "Nor are they going to start making passes at straight soldiers trying to convert them."
    Please explain how you think this conversion occurs?

15. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    "Nor are they going to start making passes at straight soldiers trying to convert them."
    Please explain how you think this conversion occurs?
    Since you obviously cannot understand plain English, I am not going to spell it out for you, my friend.

Immie