Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alabama's hope for a NCG is GONE!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    Aburn won the way most games are won, in the trenches.
    Thier Oline is beasty, they stuck to the game plan and kept pounding till the pink tide wore down.
    #90 is the best Dlineman in the country
    So sorry. Wisconsin has the best Oline in the nation. All their starting Guards, Tackles and TE's made first or second team all American and no one is blowing DL's off the line of scrimmage like they are and they also got a britches full of the nasties. Them Badgers are well named this year. I have no doubts that the best two teams in the nation are Auburn and Wisconsin.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    The book Junction Boys gives the account of how Texas A&M recruited John David Crow. They flew over his farm in a crop duster, and dropped a bale of money wrapped in an A&M flag! When Bryant first met with the BoD who had hired him, he asked them how much they wanted to win? They all began to tell him how they really wanted to win... and he interrupted them, took off his hat and put it in the middle of the table and said... "nooo... how much do you really want to win?"

What's messed up is, it's still that way. Go to any school with a major college football program, find where the team practices, look in the parking lot. Escalades, Jags, Vettes... "Graduation Presents!"
    You won't see that at the Woody Haye's athletic center at Ohio State, that's for sure.

(That's an inside joke Dixie, students, including athletes, aren't a allowed to park there. They have to park in the student parking areas because OSU is smack dab in the middle of Columbus and with around 75,000 students and staff, parking is at a big time premium so students have to park in one of the big student C lots and take a shuttle bus to their class room if it's not close by. Student athletes don't get special parking privileges either. )

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I heard an interesting point on some sports talk radio show while I was on the road friday.

My Crimson Tide came into the season with 25% of the All SEC teams on our roster. And by the end of the season we had to beat MS State to win 4th place in the SEC West.

All due respect to Nick Saban, but has any coach ever done less with more?

It has not been a good year.
    Yes, John Copper did less with more year after bloody freaken year.

Don't get a case of "the cup is never full" attitude. There's lots of idiots up here who think Tressel is a loser cause he doesn't win a national championship ever year.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can't wait to see MSU and Bama play. Saban never had even close to as good a season there as Dantonio has had this year and the geniuses at ESPN have all ready given the win to Bama so MSU might as well not show up to play the game cause according to ESPN there's no way MSU can beat them. Somehow I don't think Saban is nearly as stupid as the fellas at ESPN. That's a damned good MSU team that got screwed by circumstances and they'll be out for blood.

If MSU beats Bama then you got to ask....is Dantonio a better coach then Saban? I mean he's done better at MSU then Saban and will have to beat a vaunted SEC team practically in their back yard again, if he does...I'd have to give him the nod.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ya know I can't complain that the Big 10 has been invited to 8 bowl games but year after freaken year it's always the same stacked deck. Of those 8 games there's only one in which the Big 10 teams isn't either over matched or isn't playing in their opponents home region. Only the Rose Bowl where Wisconsin (11-1) and TCU (12-0) are even matched and playing in a neutral region (Pasadena, CA).

In all the other bowl games the get it up the ass.

7-5 Iowa is playing 10-2 Missou in Tempe, AZ and that's the only other bowl game where a Big 10 team is playing an neutral field.

for the rest.

Ill vs Baylor in Texas
    North Western vs Texas Tech in Dallas, TX
    Florida vs PSU - Florida
    Bama vs MSU - Florida (SEC region)
    Miss St vs Mich - Florida (SEC region)
    OSU vs Arkansas - New Orleans (SEC region)

and while I'm ranting. WTF were those geniuses in the league office were thinking when they came up with "Legends" and "Leaders" for the new Big 10 divisions. I mean did they like bury a marketing conultant in a time capsule for 1,000 years and they dug him back up for that bit of advice? I haven't met a Big 10 fan yet who doesn't think those are the stupidest fucking names. I have a hunch that will change as they are so wildly unpopular. My favorite is non-regional and gives a nod to the midwests blue collar industrial heritage (one we're damned proud of). My favorite are the "Black and Blue" divisions (as in we'll beat each other black and blue cause Football isn't a cocktail sport for southern weenies who don't play in bad weather, it's a mans sport and it's played like one here, rain, snow, cold and war. Hey this is the Big 10, no blood no foul, pussies need not apply).

6. #51 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I can't wait to see MSU and Bama play. Saban never had even close to as good a season there as Dantonio has had this year and the geniuses at ESPN have all ready given the win to Bama so MSU might as well not show up to play the game cause according to ESPN there's no way MSU can beat them. Somehow I don't think Saban is nearly as stupid as the fellas at ESPN. That's a damned good MSU team that got screwed by circumstances and they'll be out for blood.

If MSU beats Bama then you got to ask....is Dantonio a better coach then Saban? I mean he's done better at MSU then Saban and will have to beat a vaunted SEC team practically in their back yard again, if he does...I'd have to give him the nod.
    Well, if Bama loses I won't be very surprised. I'll be upset, but not surprised.

We didn't beat a good team all year.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Ya know I can't complain that the Big 10 has been invited to 8 bowl games but year after freaken year it's always the same stacked deck. Of those 8 games there's only one in which the Big 10 teams isn't either over matched or isn't playing in their opponents home region. Only the Rose Bowl where Wisconsin (11-1) and TCU (12-0) are even matched and playing in a neutral region (Pasadena, CA).

7-5 Iowa is playing 10-2 Missou in Tempe, AZ and that's the only other bowl game where a Big 10 team is playing an neutral field.

for the rest.

Ill vs Baylor in Texas
    Florida vs PSU - Florida

and while I'm ranting. WTF were those geniuses in the league office were thinking when they came up with "Legends" and "Leaders" for the new Big 10 divisions. I mean did they like bury a marketing conultant in a time capsule for 1,000 years and they dug him back up for that bit of advice? I haven't met a Big 10 fan yet who doesn't think those are the stupidest fucking names. I have a hunch that will change as they are so wildly unpopular. My favorite is non-regional and gives a nod to the midwests blue collar industrial heritage (one we're damned proud of). My favorite are the "Black and Blue" divisions (as in we'll beat each other black and blue cause Football isn't a cocktail sport for southern weenies who don't play in bad weather, it's a mans sport and it's played like one here, rain, snow, cold and war. Hey this is the Big 10, no blood no foul, pussies need not apply).
    It looks like there was such overwhelming negativity to the two divisional names that the Big 10 commissioner has come out and said they are willing to change them.

8. #53 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

for the rest.

Ill vs Baylor in Texas
    Florida vs PSU - Florida

Still ranting about wanting to play in cold weather?

On the field, the heat is much worse than the cold. More football players suffer injury from heat than from cold.

However, when it comes to the fans in the stands, the cold is much more uncomfortable, since they are sitting still.

That is the real reason more bowl games are played in warmer places.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

He's just being his whiny little bitch self, already making excuses for why his Big Whatever Conference is going to get their clocks cleaned in the bowl games. I can't wait to see Arkansas put an ass-whoopin on Ohio Slow! I just wish it could have been Bama!

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

11. #56 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Except that Bamer lost, so they suck too much to compete.
    I don't think we suck. But we did lose too many to be in a BCS game.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I don't think we suck. But we did lose too many to be in a BCS game.
    You sure about that?

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Larry L View Post
    You sure about that?
    Considering this thread is from 2010, I am absolutely sure.

For the 2017 season, I am hoping we pull it off.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts