Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World Series

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default World Series

So is anyone here going to watch or even care what happens? From the sound of the projected television ratings it doesn't seem like to many people across the country care even though the Bay Area and Dallas are the 4th and 5th largest markets in the country I believe.

It seems like unless it is the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs and then maybe the Mets, Phillies or Dodgers no one really cares.

I will say San Francisco is going crazy right now with excitement. As an A's fan I'm happy for the Giants but I really don't care if they win.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

I'll be watching the fall classic. Baseball will always be our national pastime to me. No other game comes close. This series has some great match ups. I wish my Yankees had made it, but they got beat soundly by the Rangers.

Texas should be favored, but pitching trumps hitting, so the Giants should not be discounted. Plus their timely hitting has carried them so far.

Baseball is the perfect game. Think about it; the ball has changed, the bats have changed, the fields are better manicured, the players are better athletes today, but the 90 feet between bases has stayed the same since the 1840's, and it is still comes down to a step between an out and a hit.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    So is anyone here going to watch or even care what happens? From the sound of the projected television ratings it doesn't seem like to many people across the country care even though the Bay Area and Dallas are the 4th and 5th largest markets in the country I believe.

It seems like unless it is the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs and then maybe the Mets, Phillies or Dodgers no one really cares.

I will say San Francisco is going crazy right now with excitement. As an A's fan I'm happy for the Giants but I really don't care if they win.
    ARE YA KIDDIN' ME? AND WHY SHOULDN'T SF BE GOING CRAZY? IT'S LIKE YOU'RE APOLOGIZING FOR US! WHO GIVE A $HIT WHAT THESE PEOPLE THINK? WE'RE PROUD!

WE'RE SMOKING 'EM!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    ARE YA KIDDIN' ME? AND WHY SHOULDN'T SF BE GOING CRAZY? IT'S LIKE YOU'RE APOLOGIZING FOR US! WHO GIVE A $HIT WHAT THESE PEOPLE THINK? WE'RE PROUD!

WE'RE SMOKING 'EM!
    I'm not apologizing at all. I said the city is going crazy and it is. I've been out and been a part of it.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not apologizing at all. I said the city is going crazy and it is. I've been out and been a part of it.
    "So is anyone here going to watch or even care what happens? From the sound of the projected television ratings it doesn't seem like to many people across the country care even though the Bay Area and Dallas are the 4th and 5th largest markets in the country I believe."

This doesn't sound like a man who's proud of his Giants, T Y V M!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"So is anyone here going to watch or even care what happens? From the sound of the projected television ratings it doesn't seem like to many people across the country care even though the Bay Area and Dallas are the 4th and 5th largest markets in the country I believe."

This doesn't sound like a man who's proud of his Giants, T Y V M!
    It has nothing to do with being proud of the Giants or not. Its what's been reported in the media. I know people in San Francisco are excited and are going to be watching. I want to know what other baseball fans outside of San Francisco think.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It has nothing to do with being proud of the Giants or not. Its what's been reported in the media. I know people in San Francisco are excited and are going to be watching. I want to know what other baseball fans outside of San Francisco think.
    Really wack. Who cares what the media reports?

Cheese! The Rangers are falling apart. Guerrero must feel awful!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really wack. Who cares what the media reports?

Cheese! The Rangers are falling apart. Guerrero must feel awful!
    Viewership is way down for World Series when the Yankees, Red Sox or Phillies are not involved. And now we have two teams with very little national following. I'm curious what other people's interest in the series is. Not sure what's wrong with that.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Viewership is way down for World Series when the Yankees, Red Sox or Phillies are not involved. And now we have two teams with very little national following. I'm curious what other people's interest in the series is. Not sure what's wrong with that.

It sounded to me like you were apologizing or sulking since no one made a big deal out of it.

No jinxes.

We need as much positive karma as possible. No interfering and going off track with the Good Mojo train!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It sounded to me like you were apologizing or sulking since no one made a big deal out of it.

No jinxes.

We need as much positive karma as possible. No interfering and going off track with the Good Mojo train!
    I'm with you but I grew up in Oakland and we had A's season tickets so that's where my heart lies. I've lived in the City for 15 years so I'm a fan of the Giants and I hope they win but I would be a band wagon jumper if I claim to have as much passion for the team as you have or many of the long time die hard fans.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm with you but I grew up in Oakland and we had A's season tickets so that's where my heart lies. I've lived in the City for 15 years so I'm a fan of the Giants and I hope they win but I would be a band wagon jumper if I claim to have as much passion for the team as you have or many of the long time die hard fans.
    I LOVE THE A'S TOO!

WA-FUCKING-HOOOOO GIANTS!!!!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

im actually kind of psyched for the giants. I think they have a good vibe. Plus anything to defeat dumbfuck texas.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

After tonight's game, I bet the Ranger's coach was seen in San Fran somewhere buying an eightball of coke! What....too soon?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts