Thread: Job Title Inflation

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

Smile Job Title Inflation

I got an email from a friend of mine, and her signature now was Associate VP Consulting PWC....

Granted this woman is only 28, has only been working for about 3 years in the consulting field, yet somehow got this title.

I guess companies are doing this more and more in lue of actually paying more to their employees. Giving them better sounding job titles.

On the other hand the next company that hires my friend won't realize that she is a newbie in the world of consulting...

Anyways, I notice this phenomenon being more and more common.

My other buddy is a Production supervisor, yet he supervises himself only....LOL....

At my work we have 8 managers and 16 employees....1 manager for 2 employees....

Anyways,

Buyer Beware!

CK
    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    graphs generally follow each other, which means there's not constant factor ya moron

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKid View Post
    I got an email from a friend of mine, and her signature now was Associate VP Consulting PWC....

Granted this woman is only 28, has only been working for about 3 years in the consulting field, yet somehow got this title.

I guess companies are doing this more and more in lue of actually paying more to their employees. Giving them better sounding job titles.

On the other hand the next company that hires my friend won't realize that she is a newbie in the world of consulting...

Anyways, I notice this phenomenon being more and more common.

My other buddy is a Production supervisor, yet he supervises himself only....LOL....

At my work we have 8 managers and 16 employees....1 manager for 2 employees....

Anyways,

Buyer Beware!

CK
    Businesses are raising young people up above people who have worked there for years. So they will be loyal slavedrivers and backstabbers, willing to lay off everyone at the drop of a hat, and before they become infected with the "labor mentality" aka fair and humane treatment based on merit.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

and just think....this guy has the title of President of the United States, what next!!!??!!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Great post CK.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

avp is a piss title at many big firms.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.