Thread: College Football

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Default College Football

Yesterday took my family to the NC State v. VA Tech game in Raleigh. This was the first college football game that I have ever been to and may in fact be the first that I had seen, even on the tele. We had to enter a lottery for the privilege of buying tickets, $55 each in the end zone in the 'student section" which I assumed means discounted tickets.

We had tickets for a parent's open house and barbecue so left campus around 1 for the game that started at 3:30. For those of you not familiar, Carter Finley stadium is about 4 miles from Campus. I suspected parking would be bad but not like this. I ended up driving around for about an hour trying to find a parking spot. I was just about to drive back to campus and take a shuttle when we drove past the main gate then found some parking along the main road on the shoulder. I couldn't believe they were letting us park there since there were "no parking" signs along every road within a mile or the place. I wasn't going to park there but my wife insisted. So I pulled in behind a guy, put my Expedition into 4WD low, pushed hard down on the emergency brake, and shut it down, making it nearly impossible for someone to tow me. We got out and walked right past the sheriff's deputies directing traffic and walked on in.

Holly shit what an extravaganza. "Tail Gate" means a tractor-trailer sized RV with tents, trailer towed barbecue grills, some kind of horse shoe game with bean bags, and enough food to feed an army platoon. The stadium seats 55,000 people and was sold out. Three jumbo-trons and rock-concert volume on the PA system. The home team comes out through fireworks, and a cannon goes off with every score. The marching band takes up about half the field while playing, then an entire seating section during the game. The cheer leading squad does triple towers during the play, blocking the view of the field. The fans stand up about 3/4 of the time.

This morning I joked with my wife, and asked her when the next home game was. LOL

2. #2 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Now you can see why so many of us are college football fans.

Quite an event, isn't it?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

My wife will never again complain about the cost of lift tickets.