Thread: Dear Patriot!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Dear Patriot!

Oh, gag me! Dear Patriot! Parenti is so right. Barnum was right, but in America there are a few thousand born every minute!

Dear Patriot:

Tuesday, the people were heard. In the Delaware US Senate Race it's now Harry Reid's "pet" vs. the People's Voice.

They were heard over the loud cries of the DC elite, and the liberal media. Our tone-deaf Washington “leaders” want their people in DC to protect their bloated budgets, insider deals, and special interest money.

But last week the people said differently. They want THEIR voice in DC.

I won't agree to those deals, so let's be honest- I won't get their money. As a result, I'm truly going to need to be the "people powered" candidate.

Harry Reid called my opponent "his pet" and my opponent can count on his money. I can only count on conservatives like you.

I mean, have you ever seen DC power players as disappointed as they were last week? I'll stand up against their schemes, so they won't stand with me. I'll stop their shenanigans so they want to stop me.

But I have a powerful weapon they don't. You.

They depend on dirty money from the liberal special interests in Washington, DC. I'll depend on support from Main Street in Bridgeville, Delaware.

They depend on supporters from MoveOn.org. I'll depend on supporters from the little league and from parents.

So, while my opponent will surely run to his well heeled donors, I will make my appeal to you. Will you support me financially today?

Even $100, $50 or $35 would make a big difference.

In return, I'll pledge to you to stand up against the bailouts, the government run health care scheme, the onerous new taxes coming from the Democrats, and DC's politics as usual.

Will you stand with me?

It's urgent considering the election is literally weeks away. I'll need to begin my advertising immediately and I just spent my available funds on the Primary.

An urgent contribution would be appreciated.

Together, we can stand up against the DC ruling class and send a loud message to Capitol Hill: We've had enough!

For the cause,

CHRISTINE
    Republican Nominee for U.S. Senate, Delaware

P.S. The election is just a few weeks away. We know Harry Reid's "pet" will be ready to unleash his negative ads against me. Will you stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and contribute today? A donation of $50, $100 or $250 would make a big difference.

Paid for by Friends of Christine O'Donnell

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

You like Reid's pet better?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    You like Reid's pet better?
    What is Reid's pet?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What is Reid's pet?
    I don't like Harry Reid, but I think the other choice is worse, and that is the way politics are these days, the choice between bad and awful! No real choices, no adults, no statesmen, anymore, except for the man whose campaign I worked on this summer, he was an adult and a man who cares for Alaska and its future, wish there were more like him in national politics!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What is Reid's pet?
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...de-senate-seat

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Funny how NOW the right is opposed to the growth of the federal government when for the 8 years before Obama any talk of growth of the federal government was met with claims that people were unpatriotic. GWB grew the government by leaps and bounds and didn't ever include the cost of war in that calculation. The right ONLY gets pissed about government growth when the left is at the helm. At least libertarians are consistent, hell even Ron Paul spoke out against his own party spending like drunken sailors.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Delaware screwed up, the moderate Republican was probably their best deal!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Funny how NOW the right is opposed to the growth of the federal government when for the 8 years before Obama any talk of growth of the federal government was met with claims that people were unpatriotic. GWB grew the government by leaps and bounds and didn't ever include the cost of war in that calculation. The right ONLY gets pissed about government growth when the left is at the helm. At least libertarians are consistent, hell even Ron Paul spoke out against his own party spending like drunken sailors.
    You really shot yourself in the foot with that stupid statement. I've always been opposed to growing government, especially when R's do it.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

You really shot yourself in the foot with that stupid statement. I've always been opposed to growing government, especially when R's do it.
    Really? All I remember you doing is singing the praises of GWB. Why don't you link me to a thread where you were critical of him. Remember, expanding the governments ability to eaves drop is also growing the government, power wise, and all you EVER used to say was if you weren't a terrorist you didn't have to worry. Bet you don't like Obama having the same powers to listen in now do you? Bet you don't trust him because he is probably listening in on DIFFERENT people than the GWB administration. The only thing you care about is spending, the rest of the governments power grabs have never been criticized by you. And I missed my foot and hit my calf.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

But all of them, including libertarians, believe in destroying american lives on the altar of globalist stupidity.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

really? Did you oppose the department of homeland security? The transportation security administration? lumping all the alphabet agencies in to one giant DOJ?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? All I remember you doing is singing the praises of GWB. Why don't you link me to a thread where you were critical of him.
    Here's a recent one: http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...7&postcount=12

I can search for dozens if you wish, but that makes my point.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    really? Did you oppose the department of homeland security? The transportation security administration? lumping all the alphabet agencies in to one giant DOJ?
    Yes, yes, and yes. Prove your accusation otherwise.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Yes, yes, and yes. Prove your accusation otherwise.
    easy tiger. I didn't accuse you, I simply asked you. I questioned it because of your favortism of expanded surveillance powers for the feds.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    easy tiger. I didn't accuse you, I simply asked you. I questioned it because of your favortism of expanded surveillance powers for the feds.
    Collection of evidence for the purpose of fighting a war doesn't have to meet the same standards as for fighting domestic crime.