Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What action does the right want the Government to take?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default What action does the right want the Government to take?

Why is this Muslam Community Center a debate amongst our federal officials and those running for federal office...

What would you have the federal government do about it?

And if you would have the fed do nothing about it, why do you care what they think about the isuse?>

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I want the government to arrange your execution for being such a jackoff.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

I'd kick out the UN and rent floors of that building to them, with FBI offices on every other floor.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

ANOTHER thread jarod....!!!

what the fuck is wrong with you?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Is there anyway the federal government can prevent Jarod from creating another thread saying the exact same thing?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

the solution is to tear down all religious institutions...world wide -then no one can complain where one is built

let everyone pray anytime in the open like god intended...if they want to that is
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    I'd kick out the UN and rent floors of that building to them, with FBI offices on every other floor.
    WOW! Two birds with one stone.
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

While I am not all of "the right", I will attempt to answer this question again... I expect leaders to lead. What we have now is an Administrator where we need an Executive.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    While I am not all of "the right", I will attempt to answer this question again... I expect leaders to lead. What we have now is an Administrator where we need an Executive.
    Obama simply shouldn't have said anything.

This is a local issue if there ever was one. The best "leadership" he could have shown would have been to stay out of it.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Obama simply shouldn't have said anything.

This is a local issue if there ever was one. The best "leadership" he could have shown would have been to stay out of it.
    I fully agree and have stated so many times. His best course of action would be to maintain the "It's only a local issue.." line. He tried to walk a thin line instead...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I fully agree and have stated so many times. His best course of action would be to maintain the "It's only a local issue.." line. He tried to walk a thin line instead...
    LOL @ your bad advice.

Checking out on an issue of this significance would be a major error, but you know that.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    LOL @ your bad advice.

Checking out on an issue of this significance would be a major error, but you know that.
    Not really, until he decided to attempt to talk about it without taking a stance the "it's solely a local issue" was working fine. It was when he tried to be all things to all people and talk about it without taking any firm stance that he wound up full of fail.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Why is this Muslam Community Center a debate amongst our federal officials and those running for federal office...

What would you have the federal government do about it?

And if you would have the fed do nothing about it, why do you care what they think about the isuse?>
    Why is your first emotive knee-jerk liberal reaction, that we want GOVERNMENT to do something? About this, or ANYTHING? I think it's remarkable that you automatically (as if programmed) believe that a solution rests with the government!

How about this, I think what Barack Obama said was fine, it was an excellent sentiment to express our principles for religious tolerance, and even the founding principles of religious freedom, I have no problem with what he said... it's what he didn't say! If he had continued on, after the part where he said they should have the right to build the mosque, with the following: But, let me be clear (he always says that), I believe this is an opportunity for the Muslim community to demonstrate respect and compassion for those who lost loved ones in those buildings on 9/11, and as a gesture of this, I would ask that they respectfully consider another location for the community center, or perhaps include Christians and other religions in a joint partnership venture together, and a tribute to our unity as a country and the memory of 9/11.

Had Obama said something along those lines, he would be a national hero today.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

herein lies the flaw in yours, and most others, thinking. WE don't elect 'leaders'. WE elect people to do our will. Picture the US of A as a corporation. Picture 'we the people' as it's board of directors. Now picture the president as the CEO of the corp., the house as it's managers/advisors, and the judiciary as it's mediators.

WE don't elect people to 'lead' us, because WE are supposed to be the ones in charge.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    herein lies the flaw in yours, and most others, thinking. WE don't elect 'leaders'. WE elect people to do our will. Picture the US of A as a corporation. Picture 'we the people' as it's board of directors. Now picture the president as the CEO of the corp., the house as it's managers/advisors, and the judiciary as it's mediators.

WE don't elect people to 'lead' us, because WE are supposed to be the ones in charge.
    But here's the flaw in your view... We are not like the "board of directors" in your analogy, because "boards of directors" don't ever consist of people who don't have a vested financial interest in the corporation. If only taxpayers were allowed to vote, then your analogy would be accurate.