Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Loan to Brazilian Oil Company

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Default U.S. Loan to Brazilian Oil Company

U.S. Loan to Brazilian Oil Company Riles Conservatives in Favor of Offshore Drilling

President Obama has opposed any expanded oil drilling off American shores largely on environmental grounds, turning a deaf ear to conservative cries of "Drill, Baby, Drill."

But now Obama may start hearing cries of "foul" after the U.S. Export-Import Bank promised Petrobras, Brazil's state-owned oil company, $2 billion in loan guarantees to help finance lucrative drilling off the shores of Rio De Janeiro.

Some see a contradiction in an executive branch agency, independent but with board members appointed by the president, facilitating abroad the very kind of energy exploration Obama opposes domestically.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Thursday he wasn't prepared to address the issue.

"I have not seen the story," he said. "I'd have to take a look."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...hore-drilling/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Couldn't let George take all the risk...
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

is there a quantifiable limit involved with the question "how fucking dumb can people be?".......

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    is there a quantifiable limit involved with the question "how fucking dumb can people be?".......
    apparently not

obama looks like a total hypocrite on this one

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Have another vat of hateraid, Yurtsie...

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Have another vat of hateraid, Yurtsie...
    your troll speak is getting boring....tell me...why do you defend this? i don't expect you to actually debate or discuss this, but i want to offer you the chance to stop being nothing but a boring troll....

here is your chance, make me proud

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

This was fucking stupid the first time around. And then the second time around. Long story short, the U.S. Export-Import bank is loaning money to Brazil so that Brazil can purchase U.S. manufactured equipment in its oil exploration activities.

Brazil's going to drill offshore regardless of what the U.S. does. What's the big deal with making sure the American economy and American workers benefit?

Jackasses.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    your troll speak is getting boring....tell me...why do you defend this? i don't expect you to actually debate or discuss this, but i want to offer you the chance to stop being nothing but a boring troll....

here is your chance, make me proud
    Can you link up exactly where I'm defending anything?

See, Yurtsie? You drink so much hateraid that you end up lying a lot.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Can you link up exactly where I'm defending anything?

See, Yurtsie? You drink so much hateraid that you end up lying a lot.
    if you not defending obama here....then why am i a hater? are you saying you actually agree with me, yet you are so full of yurtsie love you just can't admit it?

its real simple onceler....do you support obama's admin loaning the money for off shore oil drilling off the coast of brazil or not? now try real hard and stick to the topic of the thread. you don't need to troll your usual hate, yurtsie, obtuse bullshit....stay focused....you can do it...in order to facilitate your progress, i will post below the salient points from the OP:

President Obama has opposed any expanded oil drilling off American shores largely on environmental grounds, turning a deaf ear to conservative cries of "Drill, Baby, Drill."

But now Obama may start hearing cries of "foul" after the U.S. Export-Import Bank promised Petrobras, Brazil's state-owned oil company, $2 billion in loan guarantees to help finance lucrative drilling off the shores of Rio De Janeiro.

Some see a contradiction in an executive branch agency, independent but with board members appointed by the president, facilitating abroad the very kind of energy exploration Obama opposes domestically.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Honestly? I need to read much more about it. Unlike you, I'm not one to read a few paragraphs from a single source and reach definitive conclusions (that are based more on personal bias).

Still, it's good to hear you admit that you lied about me, Yurtsie.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
    This was fucking stupid the first time around. And then the second time around. Long story short, the U.S. Export-Import bank is loaning money to Brazil so that Brazil can purchase U.S. manufactured equipment in its oil exploration activities.

Brazil's going to drill offshore regardless of what the U.S. does. What's the big deal with making sure the American economy and American workers benefit?

Jackasses.
    who are the jackasses?

it is "fucking" stupid to call a halt to off shore drilling here and then loan $2 billion so that brazil can drill off their shores....your long story short doesn't take away that fact....and to argue that $2 billion doesn't facilitate that....you're a bigger obama apologist than i thought

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Honestly? I need to read much more about it. Unlike you, I'm not one to read a few paragraphs from a single source and reach definitive conclusions (that are based more on personal bias).

Still, it's good to hear you admit that you lied about me, Yurtsie.
    yawn....i had hope you would actually engage in a discussion with me for once....

oh well...i tried

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if you not defending obama here....then why am i a hater? are you saying you actually agree with me, yet you are so full of yurtsie love you just can't admit it?

its real simple onceler....do you support obama's admin loaning the money for off shore oil drilling off the coast of brazil or not? now try real hard and stick to the topic of the thread. you don't need to troll your usual hate, yurtsie, obtuse bullshit....stay focused....you can do it...in order to facilitate your progress, i will post below the salient points from the OP:

"The Obama Administration" isn't loaning anything to anybody. The Export-Import Bank of the United States of America is loaning the money. Second, the money is not "for offshore drilling off the coast of Brazil." The loans are to finance the purchase of American-made goods.

Other than the basic facts of the story, you really nailed this one.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why would I waste breath trying to engage in "discussions" with haters & hacks?

Yurtsie, c'mon!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

who are the jackasses?

it is "fucking" stupid to call a halt to off shore drilling here and then loan $2 billion so that brazil can drill off their shores....your long story short doesn't take away that fact....and to argue that $2 billion doesn't facilitate that....you're a bigger obama apologist than i thought

You're a jackass. You. Yurtsie.

Here's a query for you: when was the deal announced as compared to when Obama's nominee to chair the Export-Import Bank was confirmed by the Senate?

I'm actually a little ashamed for you. Do you know that feeling you get when you are watching someone publicly embarrass themselves and you feel embarrassed for them because you realize just how embarrassing it must be for that person. That's how I feel about you lately, flailing about making an ass of yourself while I sit here and cringe.