Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Motts growing nightmare

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    please note that I did not say MY TEA movement, I said OUR TEA movement. It belongs to those of us who are, as you have said, are comprised of numerous people with alot of different views but common themes.
    OK, I accept the clarification.

That said, I don't look for any voice to be removed. Palin, Beck, Paul...they all have a public platform that resonates. They all have public recognition clout that can be helpful. Since I know you appreciate Judge Nepolitano, I am sure you can also appreciate his accomplishment of showing where unity exists from all views in the TEA movement, including Paul's and Palin's.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    OK, I accept the clarification.

That said, I don't look for any voice to be removed. Palin, Beck, Paul...they all have a public platform that resonates. They all have public recognition clout that can be helpful. Since I know you appreciate Judge Nepolitano, I am sure you can also appreciate his accomplishment of showing where unity exists from all views in the TEA movement, including Paul's and Palin's.
    I do, it is my fervent hope that Palin and Beck don't end up using the platform to continue the mainstream GOP platform.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    I do, it is my fervent hope that Palin and Beck don't end up using the platform to continue the mainstream GOP platform.
    I don't think you could call ideas like Beck's "immediate defunding of public education" as further support of mainstream GOP. Or Palin's desire to get America back to common sense government and her willingness to go after corruption in the GOP as that of a mainstream GOP supporter.

Palin is no libertarian true, Beck is a self described pro-life libertarian, but more importantly the TEA party is not libertarian, republican, or democratic, it's instead grounded on the principle idea that smaller government serves best. A helpful voice in the TEA party is someone like Nepolotano to remind us of our common goal...smaller government, less taxation.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    [B] Why are there such strong objections to working together and helping each other?
    I'm not an ant.

I have to take care of myself first.

Working together under your reality means that I need a hand out.
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post

I have to take care of myself first.
    That's precisely the problem. When one knows help is not available, should they require it, they are less likely to help others.

Working together under your reality means that I need a hand out.
    Not at all. Working together is not a hand out.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

6. #66 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

That's precisely the problem. When one knows help is not available, should they require it, they are less likely to help others.

I don't mind the idea of working together. I very much like the idea of having a safety net for our society.

What I do not like is taking more money from me, by force, for wasteful spending and corrupt politicians.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

Oh, I thought he had some plants that were struggling. I was going to help.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What business is it of mine, or yours what people decide to give. When gov't gets a hold of my money they generally waist it on themselves, and bureaucracies.

Lifers on welfare are not working together, or most likely not at all for that matter. They're sucking off my wealth.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

John Adams 1826

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lifers on welfare are not working together, or most likely not at all for that matter. They're sucking off my wealth.
    The problem is welfare or government help is given after a person has lost everything resulting in the individual having lost their initiative, as well. Furthermore, the pittance given results in the individual living in abject poverty.

In some cases a person on welfare is prohibited from attending courses to upgrade their education. The reason stated is the government is not going to support someone going to school. The logic is absurd.

The same with unemployment insurance. While the obligation is to seek employment the individual could attend refresher courses or take courses to improve their chances of employment but that's forbidden.

The goal of government assistance should be to help the individual, not be a program loaded with restrictions and begrudgingly given. Rather than offered in the spirit of truly helping it becomes a battle between the person and the government. The truth is the government's goal is to do everything possible to deny helping.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

I'm not a welfare expert, nor do I know jack shit about it.
    But I thought Clinton's reform eliminated the lifer syndrome? Are we still allowing able bodies more than a couple years of welfare vacations?
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I'm not a welfare expert, nor do I know jack shit about it.
    But I thought Clinton's reform eliminated the lifer syndrome? Are we still allowing able bodies more than a couple years of welfare vacations?
    Another strange thing about welfare is people's perception of it. If it is a "vacation" why aren't more people quitting their jobs and applying? If government assistance programs are so generous, if living on government assistance is such a great life, then no one should worry about losing their job.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another strange thing about welfare is people's perception of it. If it is a "vacation" why aren't more people quitting their jobs and applying? If government assistance programs are so generous, if living on government assistance is such a great life, then no one should worry about losing their job.
    Welfare lifestyles tend to be generational. People who have known nothing else tend to gravitate to it. These are kids who grew up seeing their parents not work and take aid, deal drugs for extra money...basically work the system; food stamps; medical; financial aid; cheap housing- People who are raised in a home with a good work ethic tend to repeat that. Of course this is not an absolute, but statistics show that this is mostly accurate.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The problem is welfare or government help is given after a person has lost everything resulting in the individual having lost their initiative, as well. Furthermore, the pittance given results in the individual living in abject poverty.

In some cases a person on welfare is prohibited from attending courses to upgrade their education. The reason stated is the government is not going to support someone going to school. The logic is absurd.

The same with unemployment insurance. While the obligation is to seek employment the individual could attend refresher courses or take courses to improve their chances of employment but that's forbidden.

The goal of government assistance should be to help the individual, not be a program loaded with restrictions and begrudgingly given. Rather than offered in the spirit of truly helping it becomes a battle between the person and the government. The truth is the government's goal is to do everything possible to deny helping.
    You know,,,, Babies are born into welfare, knowing nothing else.

Restrict someone from welfare, and they will get out of poverty quicker.

Give someone welfare and they may never get out of poverty, and they will be weaker because of it.

Let churches and charities help people with the money I give freely. Not the government who takes it against my will.

John Adams 1826

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Welfare lifestyles tend to be generational. People who have known nothing else tend to gravitate to it. These are kids who grew up seeing their parents not work and take aid, deal drugs for extra money...basically work the system; food stamps; medical; financial aid; cheap housing- People who are raised in a home with a good work ethic tend to repeat that. Of course this is not an absolute, but statistics show that this is mostly accurate.
    I agree, however, government assistance does nothing to incentivize those "kids". Their life has been a struggle since day one.

With booze and drugs and broken homes those "kids" knew nothing but fighting for basic survival. Their education suffered. Then, at 18 or 21, we expect them to make a 180 and become hard working citizens?

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You know,,,, Babies are born into welfare, knowing nothing else.

Restrict someone from welfare, and they will get out of poverty quicker.

Give someone welfare and they may never get out of poverty, and they will be weaker because of it.

Let churches and charities help people with the money I give freely. Not the government who takes it against my will.
    I always find it funny when people comment on how welfare and other government programs are detrimental to those receiving help. Invariably it boils down to those who are expected to help not wanting to part with their money.