Thread: Motts growing nightmare

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Default Motts growing nightmare

The rise of Libertarianism
    If Fox News were to decide to put Napolitano on the air, his show would undoubtedly shake up the nice, little comfortable world of the statists. Both conservatives and liberals would undoubtedly be stunned, shell-shocked, and dumbfounded over how to deal with a television show filled with purist, hard-hitting libertarians challenging the fundamental premises of the welfare-warfare state that is so beloved to conservatives and liberals.

Well, I can’t say that the statists who appeared on the judge’s inaugural show this past weekend were stunned, shell-shocked, and dumbfounded, but I can say that for the first time in television history, they were challenged to address libertarian positions by a libertarian television talk-show host. For that reason alone, it was an absolutely incredible hour in the history of the libertarian movement.

After all, for years libertarians and the libertarian perspective have, by and large, been shut out of the television talk-show circuit. The debate has almost always been between liberals and conservatives. In other words, it’s always been a debate — if you can call it that — involving one form of statism versus another form of statism — that is, over which statist reform program should be adopted — the liberal one or the conservative one. The libertarian perspective — abolishing and dismantling statist welfare-warfare programs in favor of freedom, peace, and the free market simply has not been presented, much less discussed.

That all seems to be changing. Libertarianism is on the rise, as reflected most recently by the spate of articles attacking libertarianism, from both the left and the right. The statists are undoubtedly sensing the rising number of people who are now exploring libertarianism or even calling themselves libertarians. The statists are obviously getting nervous or even running scared.

A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

oh, i thought this was about the race card being shredded

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

And there are many, many who joined the R Party (They'll leave too if TEA Party just winds up being idiots electing George W. Bush).
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

There are plenty in both parties who are tired of the status quo.

Both parties spend more effort trying to defeat the other party than doing their actual job.

I also think the social engineering is alienating many, many people.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry

I wish the Palinites and Teabagtards would leave the GOP.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Smarter Than All Y'All View Post
    I wish the Palinites and Teabagtards would leave the GOP.
    We'd like the Palinites and GOP to leave our TEA movement.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #7 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

I'd like to see a return to fiscal conservatism, and leave the social conservatism out.

In other words, be careful spending our money, and our personal lives are none of your damn business.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I'd like to see a return to fiscal conservatism, and leave the social conservatism out.

In other words, be careful spending our money, and our personal lives are none of your damn business.
    In other words, Libertarianism.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

LOL @ "growing nightmare"

HaHa, thanks man, that was awesome!

I can't speak for Mott, but I think most people make fun of libertarians for the sheer comedic value. I don't think anyone is stressed out about it.

But, if it helps your self-esteem to think legions of liberals are sitting around worrying about the Libertarian Party, go for it!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    oh, i thought this was about the race card being shredded
    I thought it was about Big 10 football......

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

I can't speak for Mott, but I think most people make fun of libertarians for the sheer comedic value. I don't think anyone is stressed out about it.

But, if it helps your self-esteem to think legions of liberals are sitting around worrying about the Libertarian Party, go for it!
    the spate of articles attacking libertarianism, from both the left and the right.
    like the article said.

13. #13 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Cypress, I think its not that anyone sits around worrying about the Libertarian Party.

I think its that a huge number of people are sick of the two major parties, and want another option. The Libertarian Party offers the best option. And while it will undoubtably change to grow (ie, not pure libertarianism), it has the most elected officials of any third party and can appeal to the large number of disappointed centrists who want results not party politics.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    like the article said.
    Boy talk about not getting it. It's not a partisan issue. It's a common sense one. People not attacking Anarcho-Libertarians. Were laughing at them. Why in the world would anyone do something as silly as taking Libertarians seriously? I mean, what have they ever done? Bomb the Murrow building? LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    There are plenty in both parties who are tired of the status quo.

Both parties spend more effort trying to defeat the other party than doing their actual job.

I also think the social engineering is alienating many, many people.
    I really don't blame our two party system for that. It is a very representative system if people take the time to be informed and active in politics. Particularly local politics and that's the problem. There are to damned many people to damed lazy to be bothered with politics and because they are apathetic we have a system that's largely apathetic towards it's constituents.

I tell ya, I'm more respectful of extremist and racist like Dixie, Webway and Tinhat whom I couldn't possibly disagree more with because they do take the time and effort to participate. It's the ignorant couch potato's who don't participate that are a big part of the problem.

Imagine how much more tuned in to their constituents politicians would be if we had 90% voter turn out?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!