Thread: The Overton Window is open

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    I am sure your lofty opinion, Mr Blimpington, will stun him all the way to the bank!

Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books

Editorial Reviews

Review
    "Glenn Beck has just shattered the fiction barrier. The Overton Window is the perfect all-American thriller."—Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author

"A novel ripped from today's headlines and destined to be as controversial as it is eye-opening. No matter your politics, this Hitchcockian thriller will have you turning pages well into the night." —James Rollins, New York Times bestselling author

"A visionary work of fiction. One of the best thrillers I've read in years."
    —Vince Flynn, New York Times bestselling author

"Glenn Beck never fails to amaze. The Overton Window, a rip-roaring read of the first order, is as good a political thriller as you're going to find this year."
    —Nelson DeMille, New York Times bestselling author
    LOL @ quoting authors rather than critics.

Simply LOL
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    have you read the book?
    Only if I pirate it, so as to not give money to an evil cause.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

APPARENTLY YOU DON'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WELL

STOP SENDING ME PM'S, THEY WILL BE DELETED, SAY IT ON THE BOARD AND STOP YOUR OBSESSIVE PM'S
    Yurt, stop trying to hind behind all of your idiot conserva-friends and debate someone 1 on 1 for once, huh? Fucking idiot prole.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

To tell you the truth, it really started with my frustration of working with my business partner.

This was going back two years now, I think it was. I was on the road for “The Christmas Sweater.”

I had just left CNN, which was an extraordinarily frustrating experience, because I was on the air as the market approached 12,000, then 13,000, then 14,000, saying: “Get your money out of the stock market! It's bogus!” And I couldn't get anybody to listen to me.

I could see what was coming on the horizon.

My business partner was like, “Glenn, come on, that's crazy.” And my thought was, “People can't think out of the box, and they don't see the connecting tissue.”

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedjews View Post
    LOL @ quoting authors rather than critics.

Simply LOL
    It's called peer review. I thought you'd be familiar with it. It's a novel, fiction.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yurt, stop trying to hind behind all of your idiot conserva-friends and debate someone 1 on 1 for once, huh? Fucking idiot prole.
    Watermark, stop being such a pussy fucktard.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

time and place bitch

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

time and place bitch
    There is the JPP Cup...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts