Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Obama finally admits... HE IS A MUSLIM!

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    In the programmeElusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, which starts on Monday, the former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...aq-509925.html

So is this true Dixie? I mean Nabil Shaath says Bush said it. What possible motive could an Arab leader have to tell people that a Christian US President said his Christian god told him to invade Muslem Countries?
    just to be clear, Succer, are we agreeing that the assertions about Bush were bullshit?.....

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Weinberg View Post
    The claims about his faith are really not worth entertaining because the evidence is not substantial. This would be a hard thing for someone to lie about living an extensively public life.

Obama is no more a Muslim than George Allen is Jewish. Both of them had parents from those religious backgrounds, and both of them were estranged from it. I bet I could find a Rabbi who would say Allen is Jewish and an Imam who would say Obama is Muslim.

But in a free country, that's up to them what they want to be.

Difference to note, if you recall, Allen ran for a bit from being regarded as Jewish. Obama has never tried to deny his family history and simply explained what he was in his own mind.

Separate to this is the fact that it wouldn't matter to most Americans if a candidate were Muslim as long as they were qualified. That is why many would think your carrying on about beheadings in our country on account of who is in the oval office is ridiculous.

Now, maybe some Jewish voters have lost their confidence in Obama because of perceptions of what his background is, but most that are straying are doing so because of policy differences they have with him. I don't think if you asked most Jewish voters that they would knowingly discriminate against a candidate because of their faith, even if they were Muslim.

Like I said, we don't really have much room to be jerks about that. How would discriminating against qualified Muslims running for office be any more defensible than discriminating against Jews or Mormons or Catholics for that matter?

No real conservative should want to undermine the cogent arguments against Obama's policies by championing whacky theories that are not backed up by the facts.

The claim he is a Muslim is as lacking as the accusations of the birthers and is as toxic to the right as any other conspiracy theory. If you really believe Obama's policies are all that bad, then I would suggest you don't hand him a cakewalk by associating conservatives with this brand of "politics".
    It's to late Adam. This is the brand of Republican politics. Why do you think people like me and topper left this party and abandoned it to these wackos?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

The claims about his faith are really not worth entertaining because the evidence is not substantial. This would be a hard thing for someone to lie about living an extensively public life.

Obama is no more a Muslim than George Allen is Jewish. Both of them had parents from those religious backgrounds, and both of them were estranged from it. I bet I could find a Rabbi who would say Allen is Jewish and an Imam who would say Obama is Muslim.

But in a free country, that's up to them what they want to be.

Difference to note, if you recall, Allen ran for a bit from being regarded as Jewish. Obama has never tried to deny his family history and simply explained what he was in his own mind.

Separate to this is the fact that it wouldn't matter to most Americans if a candidate were Muslim as long as they were qualified. That is why many would think your carrying on about beheadings in our country on account of who is in the oval office is ridiculous.

Now, maybe some Jewish voters have lost their confidence in Obama because of perceptions of what his background is, but most that are straying are doing so because of policy differences they have with him. I don't think if you asked most Jewish voters that they would knowingly discriminate against a candidate because of their faith, even if they were Muslim.

Like I said, we don't really have much room to be jerks about that. How would discriminating against qualified Muslims running for office be any more defensible than discriminating against Jews or Mormons or Catholics for that matter?

No real conservative should want to undermine the cogent arguments against Obama's policies by championing whacky theories that are not backed up by the facts.

The claim he is a Muslim is as lacking as the accusations of the birthers and is as toxic to the right as any other conspiracy theory. If you really believe Obama's policies are all that bad, then I would suggest you don't hand him a cakewalk by associating conservatives with this brand of "politics".
    Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, in which President Obama told him that he was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the stepson of Muslim stepfather, that his half brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and that he was sympathetic towards the Muslim agenda.

The claim he is Muslim comes from this. It's not something baseless that was dreamed up by a conservative. It's not some wild conspiracy theory, or something that is particularly hard to believe. But your reaction totally speaks for itself. You are too afraid to stand up and be a man, to confront the dangers, to face your enemies. You had rather stick your head in the sand and hide behind the skirt of political correctness on this one. Oh no, you mustn't condemn a Muslim who lies to us and claims he is Christian, what would people think of you? Wye, they might even call you an intolerant bigot or some other terrible name, and your fragile ego just couldn't handle it.

Adam, I don't fear for our country because of the liberal left, they only make up about 25% of the folks out there. It's morons like you, who do everything in your power to give these people credibility, and to assist them in their objectives. Seriously, you need to wake the fuck up before it's too late.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    just to be clear, Succer, are we agreeing that the assertions about Bush were bullshit?.....
    brace yourself, yes.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, in which President Obama told him that he was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the stepson of Muslim stepfather, that his half brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and that he was sympathetic towards the Muslim agenda.

The claim he is Muslim comes from this. It's not something baseless that was dreamed up by a conservative. It's not some wild conspiracy theory, or something that is particularly hard to believe. But your reaction totally speaks for itself. You are too afraid to stand up and be a man, to confront the dangers, to face your enemies. You had rather stick your head in the sand and hide behind the skirt of political correctness on this one. Oh no, you mustn't condemn a Muslim who lies to us and claims he is Christian, what would people think of you? Wye, they might even call you an intolerant bigot or some other terrible name, and your fragile ego just couldn't handle it.

Adam, I don't fear for our country because of the liberal left, they only make up about 25% of the folks out there. It's morons like you, who do everything in your power to give these people credibility, and to assist them in their objectives. Seriously, you need to wake the fuck up before it's too late.

Sssshhhh Dix!!

Hoopy has this all figured out as his reason for switching parties. I am sure he will have about as much success with that as let's say....

Arlen Specter....

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, you need to wake up and get your head in the game. Were you also hanging on every word of the Iraqi information minister?

I'm not afraid of being called a racist by people who frivolously call people racists for believing in legitimate ideas they can't wrap their head around, like states' rights, capitalism, gun rights. But I'm not going to walk into associating with people and their fringe ideas that are absolutely indefensible and largely based on the fact that THEY can't wrap their head around America electing a black President on his individual merits and think there must have been something he was hiding.

I have seen good movements undermined by conspiracy theories and this is another of them. That could sink the Tea Party and the resurgence of the conservative movement.

This is a piece of information that is not backed up, that flies in the face of decades of data, that is being spread around by people who want this to be true regardless of whether it is.

That's pure conspiracy theory.

I know you're not interested in thinking about this, but if this quote is what the Foreign Minister actually said, has it occurred to you that about 95% of the quote is publicly acknowledged information while 5% is acknowledged to be grossly false?

There's not a lot he said there that's somehow been hidden from us, and yet the information is trumped up in front of you as a grand secret.

"said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, in which President Obama told him that he was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the stepson of Muslim stepfather, that his half brothers in Kenya are Muslims."

Everything that is not bolded, we know for a fact is true. The President has never tried to hide that. So what is the chance the President of the United States lied to the entire country and decided to reveal a secret ruinous to his Presidency to the foreign minister of Egypt?

And what is the chance that this quote, if it was even spoken, was misspoken, or is being misapplied or misconstrued because of the speaker's perspective on who is a Muslim to encourage the people who believe in the conspiracy theory (that's what it is) that our President is an undercover Islamist trying to take down the country from within.

You know, I've talked down quite a few conspiracy kooks in my time. I don't usually ask people to abandon their ridiculous beliefs because they have to figure that out for themselves. I simply ask them if it's more important to them than all of the other beliefs that they claim to hold.

Because stuff like this will kill any chance of taking back the government.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And what is the chance that this quote, if it was even spoken, was misspoken, or is being misapplied or misconstrued because of the speaker's perspective on who is a Muslim to encourage the people who believe in the conspiracy theory (that's what it is) that our President is an undercover Islamist trying to take down the country from within.
    Don't be ridiculous, he's not an undercover Islamist trying to take down the country from within... he's an undercover Communist trying to do that!

Adam, the quote comes from the Foreign Minister of Egypt, not some second-tier appointed yahoo in Saddam's tin-horn regime. But setting that aside for the moment, don't you see the response from the left? They couldn't care less! If the man WERE a radical Islamist, it wouldn't matter one whit to these fools, in fact, that would endear him even more to them! You see, Radical Islam is something NEOCONS are against, so liberal mush-brain pinheads HAVE to be FOR them!

Adam, you might be conservative, but you are an idiot. You somehow think you have to speak out against what you perceive as prejudice or maybe even racism, because that is what you've been told this is. We can't be critical of radical Islam, that's too racist and wrong, we must accept their lies about Islam being a religion of peace, while Islam continues to destroy innocent life and repeatedly fails to condemn it on any level.

Here we have a credible source, confirming what should be no real surprise to anyone. I knew Obama was a Muslim, and I didn't need to have it confirmed by Egypt's Foreign Minister. You wanna know how I knew? Because he was born a Muslim in a Muslim family. Very few Muslims EVER convert to Christianity, it just doesn't happen. It's as likely as a staunch fiscal conservative converting to a bleeding heart liberal, just doesn't happen. Now he claimed he was a Christian, but the church he attended for 20 years, preaches Black Liberation Theology, not Christianity. Rev. Wright's church has more in common with Louis Farakkahn than anything Christian. Now, as has been demonstrated here, the left really doesn't give a shit, in fact, it just endears Obama even more to them! It's the fools and idiots like yourself, who feel compelled to defend their lies, and stand up for them, because you fear being perceived as politically incorrect.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

I'm glad your dumb enough to keep posting Dixie, you must be the toast of the white trash inn in bumbfuck Alabama. that is where u live right.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

brace yourself, yes.
    good lord, I'm glad I was sitting down....

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't consider the source to be credible, or even necessarily the source that printed it. Sorry, but you seem to put more stock in the illustrious Egyptian government than I do.

You somehow think you have to speak out against what you perceive as prejudice or maybe even racism, because that is what you've been told this is.

We can't be critical of radical Islam, that's too racist and wrong, we must accept their lies about Islam being a religion of peace, while Islam continues to destroy innocent life and repeatedly fails to condemn it on any level.
    Nobody on this site favors radical Islam. There is a difference between a Muslim and a radical Islamist. It is racism and xenophobia for people to think being a Muslim is somehow an untenable thing in a free country, and those people believe that because they're ignorant.

I'm not defending anyone who is favorable to radical Islam, or radical anything. I'm defending Americans who have a problem with you confusing one thing for another and trying to use bigotry to attack the President for his heritage and using it to suggest he has lied about his faith.

You wanna know how I knew? Because he was born a Muslim in a Muslim family. Very few Muslims EVER convert to Christianity
    He was not born in a "Muslim family". This is a really simple thing for you to fact check.

He didn't need to convert from a religious faith because he wasn't indoctrinated in one as a youth. His father wasn't even a practicing Muslim, and even if he were, how would he carry on that tradition when he barely knew the guy?

This conspiracy theory you adhere to is based solely on his appearances and things about his background that are out of his control. You add Reverend Wright only as your case gets weak.

Guess what? Reverend Wright was actually debated, as opposed to this claim you make, which was immediately debunked. It was a campaign issue Obama had to address. The debate ended and enough people decided it wasn't a big enough deal.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

In the programmeElusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, which starts on Monday, the former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...aq-509925.html

So is this true Dixie? I mean Nabil Shaath says Bush said it. What possible motive could an Arab leader have to tell people that a Christian US President said his Christian god told him to invade Muslem Countries?
    I was interested to see Dixie's response to this. Did I miss it?

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't consider the source to be credible, or even necessarily the source that printed it. Sorry, but you seem to put more stock in the illustrious Egyptian government than I do.

Nobody on this site favors radical Islam. There is a difference between a Muslim and a radical Islamist. It is racism and xenophobia for people to think being a Muslim is somehow an untenable thing in a free country, and those people believe that because they're ignorant.

I'm not defending anyone who is favorable to radical Islam, or radical anything. I'm defending Americans who have a problem with you confusing one thing for another and trying to use bigotry to attack the President for his heritage and using it to suggest he has lied about his faith.

He was not born in a "Muslim family". This is a really simple thing for you to fact check.

He didn't need to convert from a religious faith because he wasn't indoctrinated in one as a youth. His father wasn't even a practicing Muslim, and even if he were, how would he carry on that tradition when he barely knew the guy?

This conspiracy theory you adhere to is based solely on his appearances and things about his background that are out of his control. You add Reverend Wright only as your case gets weak.

Guess what? Reverend Wright was actually debated, as opposed to this claim you make, which was immediately debunked. It was a campaign issue Obama had to address. The debate ended and enough people decided it wasn't a big enough deal.
    Just like I said, it is the FOOLS AND IDIOTS like you, who feel compelled to stand up for them and defend their "right" to destroy us. There is no conspiracy theory, the man was born into a Muslim family, and is sympathetic to the Muslim ideology. You are too 'politically correct' to ever admit that, you had rather attack me and others on the right, fellow conservatives, because to you, that is more appealing than facing the truth.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just like I said, it is the FOOLS AND IDIOTS like you, who feel compelled to stand up for them and defend their "right" to destroy us. There is no conspiracy theory, the man was born into a Muslim family, and is sympathetic to the Muslim ideology. You are too 'politically correct' to ever admit that, you had rather attack me and others on the right, fellow conservatives, because to you, that is more appealing than facing the truth.
    Fuck you and all your white trash anti muslim, anti jew anti education morons in BAMA. Please stay their with your cousin/wife

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I was interested to see Dixie's response to this. Did I miss it?
    No there was no response. He wants to believe the Egyptian about Obama but then that would mean he would have to believe the Palestinian about Bush or be exposed as a partisan hack.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wonder if any state has a larger perceintage of bigots and racist than Alabama does.