Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Newest Obama Mystery Question

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    *"It's important to keep in mind, and account for, the Anunnaki when speaking of Social Security Numbers."

*Some time in the future, while running for office, this sentence will become the central theme of the opposition to my campaign.
    Knowing your opponent's strategy in advance is half the battle already won.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    Knowing your opponent's strategy in advance is half the battle already won.
    Hopefully we'll have outed the Anunnaki bastidges by then.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Obama's father was apparently living in Conneticut at the time he became employed...maybe he was visiting his dad?

Jun 12, 2010
    Obama Social Security Number Nonsense
    As I reported earlier, the "birthers" who claim that Barack Obama was born in Kenya making him ineligible to be President, are trying a new tack, claiming that the President's Social Security number must be a fake since it is a number that was being assigned at the time to people living in Connecticut even though Barack Obama was living in Hawaii at the time he took his first job. They managed to get questions asked about this asked at a White House press briefing.

The Associated Content blog gives a possible explanation of the Social Security number, that Barack Obama was living not in Hawaii but in Indonesia at the time the Social Security number was assigned and that Obama obtained it by mail, using the return address of his father, who was divorced from his mother and living in Connecticut at the time. I think a simpler and more likely explanation is that Obama obtained his Social Security number while visiting his father in Connecticut. It would have been easier to have obtained that Social Security number by walking into an office while back in the U.S. on a visit rather than obtaining it while oveseas. Others who read this blog might have more knowledge of the process of issuing Social Security numbers to American citizens who were residing overseas back in that era. I suppose it is done now when a birth is registered with a U.S. embassy oveseas but there would have been a different process back in the 1970s.
    See? This is what I was looking for... If his father lived in Connecticut, he could easily have just sent paperwork in for him and passed on the SSN. That makes sense actually, and actually answers my question in the first post.

Back in the day, there really was no reason to get a SSN until you began to work. I didn't get mine until I was 15 and got my first job that withheld taxes.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

See? This is what I was looking for... If his father lived in Connecticut, he could easily have just sent paperwork in for him and passed on the SSN. That makes sense actually, and actually answers my question in the first post.

Back in the day, there really was no reason to get a SSN until you began to work. I didn't get mine until I was 15 and got my first job that withheld taxes.
    It was 1986 when the IRS demanded SS#'s on tax returns for dependents, until then you just claimed a number for dependents.

I have not been able to find proof his dad "did" live there at the time, but this link claims he did.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was 1986 when the IRS demanded SS#'s on tax returns for dependents, until then you just claimed a number for dependents.

I have not been able to find proof his dad "did" live there at the time, but this link claims he did.
    Right, it isn't evidence, but it gives somebody some direction. We can find out though, there's rental records, etc. That's how we found out the "My father left when I was 2" crap was BS and they had left his father behind long before he was 2. They moved to Washington state and lived there until after his father left Hawaii, there are rental and school records that prove his mother and he lived in Washington State while his father was still attending college in Hawaii...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right, it isn't evidence, but it gives somebody some direction. We can find out though, there's rental records, etc. That's how we found out the "My father left when I was 2" crap was BS and they had left his father behind long before he was 2. They moved to Washington state and lived there until after his father left Hawaii, there are rental and school records that prove his mother and he lived in Washington State while his father was still attending college in Hawaii...
    I just read that Obama Sr moved to Conneticutt when Jr. was 2? So he would have had to be living in CT from 1963/64 for more than 10 years to be the answer to the mystery of the CT SS#...should be easy enough to discover I suppose.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just read that Obama Sr moved to Conneticutt when Jr. was 2? So he would have had to be living in CT from 1963/64 for more than 10 years to be the answer to the mystery of the CT SS#...should be easy enough to discover I suppose.
    It depends on whether the report that the SSN was issued in 1977 to 79 is correct. If it is, then I think his father had died in an accident in Kenya before then, and he certainly wasn't still there as a student, not unless he was the worst student on the planet.... If it was issued while his father was still at Harvard it would make more sense.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It depends on whether the report that the SSN was issued in 1977 to 79 is correct. If it is, then I think his father had died in an accident in Kenya before then, and he certainly wasn't still there as a student, not unless he was the worst student on the planet.... If it was issued while his father was still at Harvard it would make more sense.
    Sr died in 1982. Jr went to work in 1975/76? So he would have needed it then.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sr died in 1982. Jr went to work in 1975/76? So he would have needed it then.
    Yes, that was one of the mysteries about it. According to the PI who sought the information, the SSN was issued in 77 to 79, but his first job was in 75 at Baskin Robbins. I think his father was living in Kenya by the 70s, he went to Harvard when Obama was 2, it would take a cripplingly bad student to be there 10 years later...

Of course I'm not sure, his father isn't somebody I've followed.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, that was one of the mysteries about it. According to the PI who sought the information, the SSN was issued in 77 to 79, but his first job was in 75 at Baskin Robbins. I think his father was living in Kenya by the 70s, he went to Harvard when Obama was 2, it would take a cripplingly bad student to be there 10 years later...

Of course I'm not sure, his father isn't somebody I've followed.
    Apparently Obama's own words in his book make the claim that after 2 he only knew his father via stories from his mother and grandmother except for 1 visit from his father coming to Hawaii when he was 11? So no trip to CT by Jr? hmmmmmmmmmmm~~~

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Apparently Obama's own words in his book make the claim that after 2 he only knew his father via stories from his mother and grandmother except for 1 visit from his father coming to Hawaii when he was 11? So no trip to CT by Jr? hmmmmmmmmmmm~~~
    The reality is he never lived with his father, his mother took him to WA where she went to college (they were there 20 days after his birth), she didn't return to HI until after Sr had left for Connecticut.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The reality is he never lived with his father, his mother took him to WA where she went to college (they were there 20 days after his birth), she didn't return to HI until after Sr had left for Connecticut.
    So, the mystery continues~~~

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

It depends on whether the report that the SSN was issued in 1977 to 79 is correct.

Again, you can stop right there. Shouldn't you first try to determine if the report is correct before you start concocting wild theories about it?

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
    Again, you can stop right there. Shouldn't you first try to determine if the report is correct before you start concocting wild theories about it?
    That's why I posted this, maroon. To see if somebody had more information. So far, the source was right about everything else, I have nothing to disprove them about that, if you do though, I'd sure like to see it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Shorter Damo:

Disprove this idiot:

[ame="http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/229691/july-28-2009/womb-raiders---orly-taitz"]Womb Raiders - Orly Taitz | July 28, 2009 - Arianna Huffington | ColbertNation.com[/ame]