Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

1. #1 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Default Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

Anyone ready for predictions??

I see my Crimson Tide making it back to the SEC Championship (at the very least).

The game with Ark. worries me the most. If their receivers learn to catch, they will have an amazing offense.

And we play that in Ark one week after we beat Penn St and one week before the Gators come to Tuscaloosa.

I am SOOOOO ready for football!

2. #2 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

bump

3. #3 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Groan! I'm enjoying the respite, however brief.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Anyone ready for predictions??

I see my Crimson Tide making it back to the SEC Championship (at the very least).

The game with Ark. worries me the most. If their receivers learn to catch, they will have an amazing offense.

And we play that in Ark one week after we beat Penn St and one week before the Gators come to Tuscaloosa.

I am SOOOOO ready for football!
    It's to early to even think about it. It's time for the boys of summer to do their thing and my Reds are lookin good!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #6 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    It's to early to even think about it. It's time for the boys of summer to do their thing and my Reds are lookin good!
    Awww Mott, I was hoping you'd step up and post about the Buckeyes. They are one of the early predictions for big things this year.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

the table is set for Bama to repeat, when has a team looked like they were getting better after a NC. And Fla, is sig weaker losing Tebow. Nobody else is in position to beat Bama in the SEC. The tide will rape Penn State without the courtesy of a reacharound. And the lions annual overrating almost as bad as the golden domers will propel the tide to the top to stay. It's totally thier for them to lose, Hopefully Nick loses interest like he did with Jamarcus.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

8. #8 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    the table is set for Bama to repeat, when has a team looked like they were getting better after a NC. And Fla, is sig weaker losing Tebow. Nobody else is in position to beat Bama in the SEC. The tide will rape Penn State without the courtesy of a reacharound. And the lions annual overrating almost as bad as the golden domers will propel the tide to the top to stay. It's totally thier for them to lose, Hopefully Nick loses interest like he did with Jamarcus.
    Nah, Nick won't lose interest. He wants to put his name up as the greatest football coach of the modern era. Another NC would make it hard to argue with. Especially since no one can say he was riding on the coattails of his predecessor.

Our defense will be young. I think we have the potential leadership we need on that side of the ball. But have to wait and see who steps up. As for the offense, we have everyone back and some new blood challenging for playing time. I look to see more passing this season.

Just from surfing the web, OSU looks promising. The Buckeyes didn't lose much from last years team.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nah, Nick won't lose interest. He wants to put his name up as the greatest football coach of the modern era. Another NC would make it hard to argue with. Especially since no one can say he was riding on the coattails of his predecessor.

Our defense will be young. I think we have the potential leadership we need on that side of the ball. But have to wait and see who steps up. As for the offense, we have everyone back and some new blood challenging for playing time. I look to see more passing this season.

Just from surfing the web, OSU looks promising. The Buckeyes didn't lose much from last years team.
    DAM, I feel reading that like I just woke up from a cold sweat nightmare. I was arguing with another LSU lover about how good your QB is. Help me out, I remember he was undefeated in HS, now he's undefeated in college. He still has Julio 'I'll be better than TO' Jones both freaking All American running backs. My recollection is the QB's numbers were way better last third of the year and he threw well against the gators who totally shut down our iffy QB.
    Saban will go down as the best Coach since the Bear if he repeats.

10. #10 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

DAM, I feel reading that like I just woke up from a cold sweat nightmare. I was arguing with another LSU lover about how good your QB is. Help me out, I remember he was undefeated in HS, now he's undefeated in college. He still has Julio 'I'll be better than TO' Jones both freaking All American running backs. My recollection is the QB's numbers were way better last third of the year and he threw well against the gators who totally shut down our iffy QB.
    Saban will go down as the best Coach since the Bear if he repeats.
    He has not lost as a starter since middle school. Last year he threw for 2500 yards with a 60% completion rate. Not the highest numbers around, but excellent numbers for our style offense.

Julio had some nagging injuries last year, and we hope he is better this year. He is a monster shaking off defenders and is completely unafraid of the middle.

Both RBs are Heisman class backs. But the best news is that the true freshman, Eddie Lacy, may be better than either of them. I see Trent Richardson stepping up and running more this year.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He has not lost as a starter since middle school. Last year he threw for 2500 yards with a 60% completion rate. Not the highest numbers around, but excellent numbers for our style offense.

Julio had some nagging injuries last year, and we hope he is better this year. He is a monster shaking off defenders and is completely unafraid of the middle.

Both RBs are Heisman class backs. But the best news is that the true freshman, Eddie Lacy, may be better than either of them. I see Trent Richardson stepping up and running more this year.
    I've sent a hitman out to get you, more nightmares

Dude was a freshman, In my book starting all games and not getting killed as a freshman is good, 2,500 and 60% can only be described as awesome.
    Why could the conference expansion happen this year and put you freaking Beast in the east with Fla.

12. #12 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

I've sent a hitman out to get you, more nightmares

Dude was a freshman, In my book starting all games and not getting killed as a freshman is good, 2,500 and 60% can only be described as awesome.
    Why could the conference expansion happen this year and put you freaking Beast in the east with Fla.
    McElroy was a junior last year. He had two years on the sidelines learning the game (and throwing 15 or 20 passes per year).

Saban's recruiting means more talent on the field.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My bad but him back as a senior no doubt he'll throw for more yards with 13 starts under his belt.

14. #14 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

My bad but him back as a senior no doubt he'll throw for more yards with 13 starts under his belt.
    Our offensive line is looking to be top notch, and we have some of the best receivers in the SEC. I look for there to be more passing, but Nick is not a showy risk-taking kinda coach.

Who was the old coach who said "When you pass one of three things will happen. And two of them are bad"?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Our offensive line is looking to be top notch, and we have some of the best receivers in the SEC. I look for there to be more passing, but Nick is not a showy risk-taking kinda coach.

Who was the old coach who said "When you pass one of three things will happen. And two of them are bad"?
    Nick will surprise you, surely you remember Rohan Davey setting an SEC record passing against the Tide!!!