Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Gallup poll has acceptance of gay relations above 50%

1. #1 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Default Recent Gallup poll has acceptance of gay relations above 50%

Interesting poll results, imo.

The old standby of "most people don't accept it" may be dying.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, i never thought i'd see the day.

The gays have infiltrated Gallup.

3. #3 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    Well, i never thought i'd see the day.

The gays have infiltrated Gallup.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Southern Man will never accept queers.

The Southern Man regards sodomy in any form as unnatural.

Believe me, he's no cunning linguist!

5. #5 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Woman View Post
    The Southern Man will never accept queers.

The Southern Man regards sodomy in any form as unnatural.

Believe me, he's no cunning linguist!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

I dont give a fuck what consenting adults do without harming each ohter.

How about a little freedom in the US.

Its about time

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I dont give a fuck what consenting adults do without harming each ohter.
    and because of that, we should all consent to what fucking adults do to each other?.....I wonder whatever happened to the "privacy of the bedroom" argument......

8. #8 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    and because of that, we should all consent to what fucking adults do to each other?.....I wonder whatever happened to the "privacy of the bedroom" argument......
    I think the "privacy of the bedroom" argument is the best answer yet.

But in some areas, that only works for straights. Gays are still discriminated against because of what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Absolutely what people do in their bedroom should be private. The problem is too many people want to say that since it is private we should not be exposed to Gay men and women in public, meaning they should stay away from office functions like picnics and office parties and that employers should be allowed to fire someone if they find out they are gay.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Absolutely what people do in their bedroom should be private. The problem is too many people want to say that since it is private we should not be exposed to Gay men and women in public, meaning they should stay away from office functions like picnics and office parties and that employers should be allowed to fire someone if they find out they are gay.
    Personally, I feel we should not be subjected to ANY couples displaying affection in public other than hand holding and a quick peck... the only exception to said rule is two hot lesbian women... then... have at it.

*ducks and runs for cover*
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

I don't like PDA either, from anyone. But for Homophobes, homosexuals being out is "forcing us" to accept them and their sexuality.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

The PDA thing demonstrates the mindset of a bigot. Why is it okay for heteros? Heteros engage in far more PDA than homos, but nobody makes that an issue. Why, because PDAs of homos make you uncomfortable. I understand that, it makes me uncomfortable too (well when it is two males... two relatively attractive women and it's something I would pay to see). But frankly, it sometimes makes me uncomfortable to see two ugly or fat people kissing.

Of course, there are some limits on PDA which apply to attractive heteros too. But when some member of the hetero club violates those rules of etiquette we don't demand that all heteros be pushed into the closet. Instead we avert our gaze or we may make them aware of their error, maybe with a smart ass comment like, "get a room."

Homosexuals should be as free to engage in PDAs as anyone else. That is, if they want to give each other a small kiss, hug or other display that would not cause alarm if they were hetero, then why not?

And it is not just PDAs, "the privacy of your own bedroom" bigots do not want people to be openly gay in any manner. They want homos to go back into the closet, where they can pretend they don't exist. They don't want to hear some guy talking with a lisp and his hands, because they are then confronted with thoughts that make them uncomfortable. They won't really be satisfied even if the affection only takes place in private, because they will continue to rationalize their desire to lash out at homosexuals for "making" them feel icky.

But here is the difference between someone like me, who does not really want to see two males kissing, and a bigot who feels justified in lashing out or restraining others.

The bigots are little emo bitches who blame others for their internal discomfort. They seem to believe their feelings are valid at all times. So when they feel discomfort from seeing two people of the same sex kiss or when they respond to a passing black/brown skinned kid passing by clutching their purse/wallet a little tighter, they don't question those emotions. If they realize, even just a little, that they may be in the wrong, instead of dealing with it, they feel guilt which causes them to feel under attack. They then rationalize their emotions as valid and lash out at the stimuli that "caused" them. With homophobes it is elevated because many actually feel arousal, which really pisses them off.

But, those feelings are not valid and do not justify violence or restraint of others. They are the problem of the person who feels them. If it bothers you then that is your fucking problem and it is totally internal to you. Quit blaming others for your emotions and irrational desire to lash out.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Personally, I feel we should not be subjected to ANY couples displaying affection in public other than hand holding and a quick peck... the only exception to said rule is two hot lesbian women... then... have at it.

*ducks and runs for cover*
    I agree, for the most part. There are places where greater displays are perfectly acceptable. For instance, if you went into a night club and started bitching about some guy feeling on his girl or kissing her passionately, then you would be out of order. But, nobody really wants to see that on the street.

But the homophobes don't want them to even have a peck, hug or hold hands. They want them back in the closet and this "privacy of your own bedroom" argument is often used for that.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I think the "privacy of the bedroom" argument is the best answer yet.

But in some areas, that only works for straights. Gays are still discriminated against because of what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom.
    /yawn.....except all the arguments are about what Gays do in courthouses instead of in bedrooms.....

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    /yawn.....except all the arguments are about what Gays do in courthouses instead of in bedrooms.....
    Yeah and you want them to be discriminated against in the courthouse based on what they do in their bedroom. You don't actually want their sex lives to be private.

Yawn is right. Your arguments are tired, boring, 30 years old and intellectually dishonest.