Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has the right to Jerusalem and Israel?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Who has the right to Jerusalem and Israel?

With all the talk you here you would assume that the state of Israel was just planted down and stolen from Palestinians like we took the native Americans land... but if you do a little research you can see that palistinians were actualy the squatters in this case and that in actuality its been controlled by more empires then any other area in the world. The first know was the Kingdom of Israel united by the Jewish tribes to protect against foreign invaders.

Watch this youtube of the ever changing control
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

personally I think we should pull every single human out of the area, then nuke it... then no one gets it. problem solved
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

The historical Kingdom of Israel lead by David probably never even existed. Anyway, just because a nationality owned a strip of land 2k years ago doesn't give them the right to throw the people off the land and take it as their own 2k years after the fact.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spite View Post
    The historical Kingdom of Israel lead by David probably never even existed. Anyway, just because a nationality owned a strip of land 2k years ago doesn't give them the right to throw the people off the land and take it as their own 2k years after the fact.
    they didn't.... the British did....
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

just because a nationality owned a strip of land years ago doesn't give them the right to throw the people off the land and take it as their own years after the fact.
    you could make that statement at any point all throughout the history of Israel and Jerusalem.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    they didn't.... the British did....
    No, the British did not. The original UN treaty only gave the Jews lands where they were already situated. The Jews then attacked the Palestinian state and ethnically cleansed what they took. Ethnic cleansing was a common practice in the past, but it's rather frowned upon in a modern context, with war crimes and hangings and all.

The idea of trying to split the land up to different nationalities was retarded. The only real solution is a binational Israeli state. I think it should be a matter of international law that taking another states land doesn't give you the right to eliminate the people who live there because of the color of their skin.
    Last edited by FUCK THE POLICE; 06-02-2010 at 01:24 PM.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    you could make that statement at any point all throughout the history of Israel and Jerusalem.
    So clearly this gives Iran the right to ethnically cleanse Israel and put Muslims there, since there's no right and there's no wrong, and because something happened in the past it means it's morally acceptable.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So clearly this gives Iran the right to ethnically cleanse Israel and put Muslims there, since there's no right and there's no wrong, and because something happened in the past it means it's morally acceptable.
    That is Irans stated goal

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is Irans stated goal
    It's Mr Ahmedinejad's stated goal but then again he's another rabble rousing little turd who fiddled his own election.

I'll wager the actual people of Iran haven't been given much of a voice.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, the British did not. The original UN treaty only gave the Jews lands where they were already situated. The Jews then attacked the Palestinian state and ethnically cleansed what they took. Ethnic cleansing was a common practice in the past, but it's rather frowned upon in a modern context, with war crimes and hangings and all.

The idea of trying to split the land up to different nationalities was retarded. The only real solution is a binational Israeli state. I think it should be a matter of international law that taking another states land doesn't give you the right to eliminate the people who live there because of the color of their skin.
    LOL. WM just blew chunky goo all over superfreak's Judeofascist apologist face! That was awesome.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

You forget that the Palestinians were offered the land that they occupied, that Israel agreed and the Palestinians refused to accept it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

With all the talk you here you would assume that the state of Israel was just planted down and stolen from Palestinians like we took the native Americans land... but if you do a little research you can see that palistinians were actualy the squatters in this case and that in actuality its been controlled by more empires then any other area in the world. The first know was the Kingdom of Israel united by the Jewish tribes to protect against foreign invaders.

Watch this youtube of the ever changing control
    YouTube- The Ever-changing Map Of Middle East
    Doesn't the bible say that the Isrealites went into the land and killed everything in it? Women, children, animals, etc? Someone was there before they got there according to the bible.

Didn't they take the land by force again in 1948, or so? Kicking people out of there homes and businesses, and then offered them a place outside of there original home?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes, the British DID. After their colonization efforts, they arbitrarily drew lines and created countries in the middle east. They also proposed at the time a two state solution. An Arab state and a Jewish State This plan was rejected by the Palestinian Arabs and fighting ensued. Then Israel declared itself independent and five neighboring Arab nations attacked Israel as a result. Ironically, Iran was one of the first countries to recognize the State of Israel.

Your 'real solution' is no longer feasible. There is too much animosity to pretend that one country could be formed at this point. A two state solution is the route that will eventually be followed.
    Quote from Cypress:

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Doesn't the bible say that the Isrealites went into the land and killed everything in it? Women, children, animals, etc? Someone was there before they got there according to the bible.

Didn't they take the land by force again in 1948, or so? Kicking people out of there homes and businesses, and then offered them a place outside of there original home?
    The Canaanites were the natives i think and before them perhaps some cro-magnon tribes.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

Didn't Hitler do pretty much the same thing to Poland in 1939 as the Isrealites did? I don't want to sound like I'm against Isreal but this fact is never brought out.