Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic strategist James Carville upset about oil spill; White House pushes back

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Default Democratic strategist James Carville upset about oil spill; White House pushes back

Democratic strategist James Carville upset about oil spill; White House pushes back

By Anne E. Kornblut
    Friday, May 28, 2010

In the Gulf Coast oil spill, there is man vs. nature. Then there is James Carville vs. the White House.

The irascible Democratic strategist has been on a rampage over the government handling of the spill in his native gulf region, accusing President Obama of "political stupidity" and saying the administration has been "lackadaisical."

"It just looks like he's not involved in this," Carville said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." Visibly agitated, Carville said: "Man, you got to get down here and take control of this, put somebody in charge of this thing and get this moving. We're about to die down here."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

lol...the leader of the V is pissed at obama...tbo, after seeing obama say his admin has been calling the shots from day one...i think carville has a point...obama looks plain idiotic on this...at first it was - its BP's job, now its, oh wait, we are in charge and from day one

this is a huge mess and no way can obama escape some blame for this, there was much the federal government could have done to minimize the damage...this more and more looks like obama's katrina...i just wonder how long the press is going to give him a pass

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

"this more and more looks like obama's katrina"

LOL

Translation: please let it be Obama's Katrina, so he looks as bad as the guy I voted for. Please, oh please.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Democratic strategist James Carville upset about oil spill; White House pushes back

By Anne E. Kornblut
    Friday, May 28, 2010

In the Gulf Coast oil spill, there is man vs. nature. Then there is James Carville vs. the White House.

The irascible Democratic strategist has been on a rampage over the government handling of the spill in his native gulf region, accusing President Obama of "political stupidity" and saying the administration has been "lackadaisical."

"It just looks like he's not involved in this," Carville said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." Visibly agitated, Carville said: "Man, you got to get down here and take control of this, put somebody in charge of this thing and get this moving. We're about to die down here."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

lol...the leader of the V is pissed at obama...tbo, after seeing obama say his admin has been calling the shots from day one...i think carville has a point...obama looks plain idiotic on this...at first it was - its BP's job, now its, oh wait, we are in charge and from day one

this is a huge mess and no way can obama escape some blame for this, there was much the federal government could have done to minimize the damage...this more and more looks like obama's katrina...i just wonder how long the press is going to give him a pass

A local talking head here in WA who used to live down along the Gulf coast was saying on his show today that he is hearing from locals down there that they are angry. They are angry because they have thousands of fishing vessels that could be working for the clean-up effort. Many of them are getting payments right now due to the spill, but they'd rather be working for it by helping with the clean-up...It's incredible tha they are not being used by our government officals in this capacity...like weks ago!!! That will be the story when this is all said and done!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Wow if a political hack like Carville is upset that's a sure sigh that Obama is an abject failure.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    "this more and more looks like obama's katrina"

LOL

Translation: please let it be Obama's Katrina, so he looks as bad as the guy I voted for. Please, oh please.
    more dishonesty....i don't hope that...however, the facts seem to bear out that obama has fucked this up...

but i am not surprised you would do anything to defend him, go get your talking points and get back to me

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"the facts seem to bear out that obama has fucked this up..."

Really?

Not the 1st time you have made this claim, which only plays to hacks like ID. Why don't you name the facts? Why don't you list the mis-steps the admin has made that has exacerbated the spill?

I'm all ears.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"the facts seem to bear out that obama has fucked this up..."

Really?

Not the 1st time you have made this claim, which only plays to hacks like ID. Why don't you name the facts? Why don't you list the mis-steps the admin has made that has exacerbated the spill?

I'm all ears.
    so james carville is now a hack in your eyes? its so funny how you say hacks like ice dancer, yet forget the OP is about james carville....all you have is lies about what i think

oh yeah...thats because YOU are the hack and if you weren't, perhaps you would actually look at what carville, the uber dem, has to say...but oh no...its only people like ice dancer...no dems saying it

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's your "fact"? James Carville's opinion?

Wow! I'll have to look up some other James Carville quotes, since his word is now gospel to you....nice!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's your "fact"? James Carville's opinion?

Wow! I'll have to look up some other James Carville quotes, since his word is now gospel to you....nice!
    once again...the dishonesty...i never said that

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is Obama's 'cool' too cold for ravaged Gulf?

He takes spill responsibility but stops short of feeling America's pain

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37383864...s-white_house/

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then what are the facts? Name the missteps.

All you have is Carville.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the libs are finally coming out after obama....only hacks like onceler will hold him blameless

there were extra deep sea ocean vessels off the coast of africa that weren't called until WEEKS later...what about the fire ring booms? nope...obama didn't have those ready either...

the list goes on...no one is saying (like the hacks blaming bush for katrina) that is all obama's fault, but to hold him blameless is pure partisan hackery

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

They didn't "push back" they fed them a line of talking points to deflect from themselves.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then what are the facts? Name the missteps.

All you have is Carville.
    yet you haven't been able to discount ONE thing he has said....all you can is LIE about what i hope and claim its ONLY peole like ice dancer

so man up and discredit carville

you haven't tried to once...all you've done is attack me and ice dancer

hack

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"put somebody in charge of this thing and get it moving?" What is that?

Do I really have to discredit that?

You're putting an awful lot of stock in Carville. It's exciting to see.