Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ...Aliens Exist but Are Dangerous

1. #16 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why do you assume they don't dump garbage.....perhaps they are visiting because they have ruined the ecology of their planet and need a new one....
    That is entirely possible. My belief is based on the idea that they can receive and decipher our transmissions, and see the amount of debris we have put into orbit versus the technology we have developed.

Looking at video signals transmitted, we have to look like a violent and primitive race. The amount of debris floating around us, when viewed in comparison to the progress we have made in space travel, makes us look like the spinning dumpster.

They may well be traveling looking for a new place to exploit. But they would obviously have the resources to travel from outside our galaxy. That alone would take huge amounts of resources and technology that is beyond us.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I have heard him speak on this before. (Is that 'technically' accurate?)

In any event, from what he was saying (at one point), the human species is like a bacteria, and the universe is like the human body.
    No, it isn't.

T
    he 'intelligence' we have in 'exploring' the universe, is akin to bacteria present in the body, triggering antibodies, which destroy the bacteria. He cautions against programs like SETI, because they could 'trigger' a reaction from more advanced life in the universe, life we don't understand or comprehend any more than a bacteria understands antibodies.
    SETI detects signals, it doesn't send them.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    That is entirely possible. My belief is based on the idea that they can receive and decipher our transmissions, and see the amount of debris we have put into orbit versus the technology we have developed.
    They'd need one hell of a telescope to literally see space debris around us. We couldn't see debris around mars with the hubble.

Looking at video signals transmitted, we have to look like a violent and primitive race.
    It is ironically only through human moral emotions that we seem violent and primitive. I think aliens would probably have different moral emotions, and just wouldn't care or wouldn't understand.

They may well be traveling looking for a new place to exploit. But they would obviously have the resources to travel from outside our galaxy. That alone would take huge amounts of resources and technology that is beyond us.
    To transport an entire race of people from one star system to another is probably beyond anyone's technology. The amount of energy required would be unfathomable. They could send probes to other planets with to provide the seed for a colony for their race, but transporting massive amounts of resources or your entire race through interstellar space is probably impractical for any alien.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And what Hawking is saying is, what if the universe has some kind of 'antibody' element we aren't aware of, a 'self-cleaning' process of dealing with undesirable 'virus' detected? Our sending signals out into space, looking for some other life form, could be very dangerous for our existence. We might be better served to remain 'quiet' and hope we aren't noticed.
    Dixie, the universe doesn't care. It isn't alive.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T&A View Post
    This story pissed off my roommate, who denounced Hawking as "barbaric."
    Why would Hawking be barbaric?

If their really were aliens roaming the universe and stripping resources (something I think would be an impractical way of life, given the amount of energy required for interstellar travel), I think don't think us contacting them would make any difference in their decision to strip or not to strip Earth. Mars, Venus, Mercury, and the moons around the gas giants are just as good targets. If an alien wants to survive, it's gotta find a reason to do something besides for teh evilz.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have no way of knowing. Von Daniken did raise some interesting points, but much of his work was unscientific.

I believe, if we have been discovered, we are viewed as a sort of galactic dumpster spilling garbage out around us. I cannot see any alien race being impressed with what they found here.
    Again, aliens would be so radically different from us in emotion, morality, and thought that it's pointless to even speculate what they'd think.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    They know we're here. Erich Von Daniken explained it years ago and the Sumerians tell of the Anunnaki and the planet Nibiru.
    LOL
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    LOL
    (Excerpt)In 1957, 23 year old Antonio Villas Boas was a Brazilian farmer by trade....... Several small humanoid creatures captured him and took him into the saucer.

Now in walks a completely naked woman with hair so blonde it was almost white. She had elongated blue eyes and very pale skin with a concentration of freckles on her arms. She had high cheekbones, normal nose and a mouth with thin, almost non-existent lips, and a very pointed chin. Her underarm and pubic hair was almost blood red. She had the most beautiful body that Boas had ever seen. (End)
    http://www.pararesearchers.org/Alien...male/male.html

One reason I have doubts about this story is because when it comes to "almost non-existent lips" one would think technically superior aliens would be aware of lip augmentation with collagen injections.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    And today's tinfoil beanie goes to--- Stephen Hawking!

LONDON (April 25) -- British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says aliens are out there, but it could be too dangerous for humans to interact with extraterrestrial life.

Hawking claims in a new documentary that intelligent alien lifeforms almost certainly exist, but warns that communicating with them could be "too risky."
    The 68-year-old scientist says a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

He speculates most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals - but adds advanced lifeforms may be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize."

The Discovery Channel said Sunday it will broadcast "Stephen Hawking's Universe" in Britain next month.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/ar...exist/19453924
    I disagree with Hawking, the only reason advanced lifeforms have not contacted us, is because we are still, half savage! Here is a quote from Star Trek:

"Perhaps... in several thousand years... your people, and mine, shall meet to reach an agreement. You are still half savage... but there is hope."

- Metron

I can't see advance lifeforms waging wars and taking over planets! There are more than likely thousands of earth like planets out there, in different forms of evolutions! If I was 5,000 or 10,000 years or even more years ahead of present day earth, why would I make contact with it? If I came past it, I would take some reading, pics and samples and leave!

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I disagree with Hawking, the only reason advanced lifeforms have not contacted us, is because we are still, half savage! Here is a quote from Star Trek:

"Perhaps... in several thousand years... your people, and mine, shall meet to reach an agreement. You are still half savage... but there is hope."

- Metron

I can't see advance lifeforms waging wars and taking over planets! There are more than likely thousands of earth like planets out there, in different forms of evolutions! If I was 5,000 or 10,000 years or even more years ahead of present day earth, why would I make contact with it? If I came past it, I would take some reading, pics and samples and leave!
    Assuming they are intelligent they would have way to communicate with us. They could try explaining things and see if we're interested in not being savages.

Considering cultures like the Mayans and the Egyptians knew things that were "rediscovered" thousands of years later it does pose the question, "How did they know?" Did some one show/tell them?

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    Assuming they are intelligent they would have way to communicate with us. They could try explaining things and see if we're interested in not being savages.

Considering cultures like the Mayans and the Egyptians knew things that were "rediscovered" thousands of years later it does pose the question, "How did they know?" Did some one show/tell them?
    Mankind will need to solve it's own problems such as war, poverty, and all the other human short comings without outside interference! If this planet still has wars and poverty, and all the other human short comings by the year 3,000, I think we will be doomed as a civilization!

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Mankind will need to solve it's own problems such as war, poverty, and all the other human short comings without outside interference! If this planet still has wars and poverty, and all the other human short comings by the year 3,000, I think we will be doomed as a civilization!
    If there was less poverty there would be less wars.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spite View Post
    Dixie, the universe doesn't care. It isn't alive.
    You do not "KNOW" this for a fact, and can't provide any evidence to support this conclusion. You may argue, in our limited knowledge, we don't believe the universe to be a living entity, but there is a LOT of things we totally do not know! Perhaps, like bacteria once were, it is simply a form of life we do not yet comprehend or understand? You know, they thought Louie Pasteur was certifiably nuts when he theorized bacteria "lived" in our food and water! They ridiculed him, scoffed at his theory, and nearly ran the man out of France, because he dared to claim such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spite View Post
    Again, aliens would be so radically different from us in emotion, morality, and thought that it's pointless to even speculate what they'd think.
    Again, something you do not "KNOW" and can not provide evidence to support. I appreciate that you THINK this would be the case, and chances are, alien life would probably be much different than our own, but making bonehead assertions of what IS and ISN'T a possibility, is just plain... boneheaded! You fucking just don't know... maybe alien life is EXACTLY the same morally and emotionally? If our morals and emotions are naturally derived through an evolutionary process, why wouldn't they be naturally derived the same way elsewhere? Nothing "scientific" indicates they would not be.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts