Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Republican Governor, a great governor, leaving the Republican party!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default My Republican Governor, a great governor, leaving the Republican party!

It looks like Charlie Crist, a Reagan devote, great governor and formerly known as a rising star of the Republican party.... One of the few Republicans I would ever consider voting for....

Will be leaving the Republican party.

Y'all are losing the best and the brightest of your party.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

They dont want the best and brightest they want people like my governor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gib...while_Governor
    Last edited by evince; 04-19-2010 at 07:59 AM.

3. #3 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    It looks like Charlie Crist, a Reagan devote, great governor and formerly known as a rising star of the Republican party.... One of the few Republicans I would ever consider voting for....

I have always thought Crist was a genuine good guy. I am sure he has his share of foibles and skeletons. But if he is leaving it will be a blow to the GOP.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Jarod, why did he veto the education bill?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know if he'd want to be the person who ensured D victory in Florida. I think it would be a bad idea for him to run for the Senate as an independant as it wouldn't be like Connecticut where Lieberman and Lamont were the only viable candidates and the R was a non-entity. This would definitely make most Ds salivate.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, and Crist sees it pretty much as I do, he denies any thoughts in that direction.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...aving-gop.html
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Jarod, why did he veto the education bill?
    1) Because it would have been bad law.
    2) Beacuse he had overwhelming demand from constituants asking him to veto it.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Why is he leaving the party? He is one of them. He opposes abortions, same sex marriage and even same sex adoption. The guy is a poster child for social conservatism.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

1) Because it would have been bad law.
    2) Beacuse he had overwhelming demand from constituants asking him to veto it.
    Why do you believe it would have been bad law?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Why is he leaving the party? He is one of them. He opposes abortions, same sex marriage and even same sex adoption. The guy is a poster child for social conservatism.
    The theory is he'll run as an independant as his run for the Senate is dying. He has about 7 million to spend..
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I hope I am wrong and Crist can pull it out with the Republican party, it is what would be good for the Republicans, Floridians and Americans.

I do not belive Rubio will win the general and I dont like the Democrats who currently look likely to win the D nomination.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    I could be wrong, but I dont think he opposes same sex adoptions or all abortions.

I believe he is sensative on that issue because I belive he is gay.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The theory is he'll run as an independant as his run for the Senate is dying. He has about 7 million to spend..
    So he should return the donations.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yet, he vowed he would never run as an Independent.
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Jarod, how do you fall for this shit? From Damo's link:

The Rubio campaign is fanning the rumors about Crist leaving the GOP, and almost everywhere he goes lately reporters ask the governor about switching parties. ``It's not something I'm thinking about,'' Crist told the Times/Herald in Tallahassee last week. ``It's not going to happen.''

Crist campaign manager Eric Eikenberg said the Rubio campaign is trying to distract attention from revelations that the former House speaker double-billed the state GOP and Florida taxpayers for eight plane trips in 2007.
    Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...#ixzz0lYbkRaOv